The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Damn, poor people.
On one of the clips the BBC just showed you could hear someone shout 'Oh my God, they are all dead' :frown:
Switched over from the north Korea documentary to the cnn coverage of the bombing. This is awful!
Reply 24
The timing of the explosions is a little confusing tho? 3 hours after the professional runners have finished? surely the more dramatic explosion would have been then? or was it designed to hit innocents? - horrible images though. :frown:
Original post by Tokyoround
Switched over from the north Korea documentary to the cnn coverage of the bombing. This is awful!

Really scary, not safe anywhere. It could be the Koreans too
Reply 26
Counter terrorist police patrolling landmarks in NY apparently
Then again it's probably Muslims, everyone's thinking it.
Original post by munn
everyone that had run 25 miles must be doubly pissed off right now

People are being able to finish, the finish has been rerouted elsewhere.
Apparently the marathon was being run in honour of the victims of the Newtown massacre and some of the families were positioned in the VIP section near the finish line. Awful, just awful, can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through.
Reply 30
Thoughts and prayers to those involved in the explosion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
It might sound selfish but I just hope it isn't Islamic radicals/extremists. We have enough bad press atm
Reply 32
Original post by SuitUp!
The timing of the explosions is a little confusing tho? 3 hours after the professional runners have finished? surely the more dramatic explosion would have been then? or was it designed to hit innocents? - horrible images though. :frown:

Fewer people hit if timed for the professionals.

I love how your comment implies professional runners are not innocent. :P
Reply 33
https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

Video of the explosion itself
Reply 34
Yeah I agree - either way it was going to be huge. Have any deaths been confirmed? :/
People are ****ing sick.
Everybody will be hoping this is another Anders Breveik so we can divert the attention.
Original post by SupernovaNebula
Then again it's probably Muslims, everyone's thinking it.

no, they're not, although they might be thinking you're a bell-end.

While there's every chance you might be right, gas explosion or domestic right wing terrorism is every bit as likely in this scenario. Either way, your baseless speculation does nothing to help matters and is purely trying to whip people up to react as mindlessly as yourself.
Original post by sucess
Race officials (people officiating the running)

Oh cheers, I never realised the word race had two meanings! :facepalm:
Original post by SupernovaNebula
Really scary, not safe anywhere. It could be the Koreans too

You give the Koreans too much credit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending