The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Devastating, regardless of who is responsible.

Original post by SuitUp!
The timing of the explosions is a little confusing tho? 3 hours after the professional runners have finished? surely the more dramatic explosion would have been then? or was it designed to hit innocents? - horrible images though. :frown:

There's only a handful of professional runners. The bulk of people finishing will be a few hours after the professionals, so I'm assuming the explosion was designed to hurt/kill as many people as possible.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SuitUp!
Yeah I agree - either way it was going to be huge. Have any deaths been confirmed? :/

Fox News are reporting three deaths but I'm not sure any have been confirmed.
I guess the one decent thing is that there didn't seem to be reports of mass fatalities. Its a city race so even with all the blood at the scene there is a good chance plenty of those injured received medical treatment quite quickly.

I imagine the CIA and such are rubbing their hands together, an attack on US soil, surely a returned to the post 9/11 security levels, and will protect their budget.

I think I might flick over to CNN to see the US reaction.
Reply 43
Original post by Hylean
Fewer people hit if timed for the professionals.

I love how your comment implies professional runners are not innocent. :P

Didn't you know all professional runners are in fact hardened criminals!
Whoever has been hit regardless of their degree of marathon running talent has been caught in a horrific event that has much bigger implications :frown:
Reply 44
So the big question who did it? I put my money on a lone nutter.
Reply 45
Original post by doggyfizzel
I guess the one decent thing is that there didn't seem to be reports of mass fatalities. Its a city race so even with all the blood at the scene there is a good chance plenty of those injured received medical treatment quite quickly.

I imagine the CIA and such are rubbing their hands together, an attack on US soil, surely a returned to the post 9/11 security levels, and will protect their budget.

Interesing analysis, might be a bitter sweet moment for them then
Reply 46
I don't know. Something tells me it wasn't Al-Qaeda or Taliban related. In other words, I personally think that it probably was Muslims but just that those usual, infamous terrorist groups that we know about (that I just mentioned) didn't know about it.

I think it was done by people inspired by the terrorist groups but not ordered by those terrorist groups. If it was done by them then I think it would've have been more sophisticated.
Reply 47
As terrible as this is, it's worth noting that this kind of thing happens all over the world almost on a daily basis. It's just that we don't receive mainstream news coverage of these other atrocities. I sincerely hope that nobody has died in these explosions, but I can't help but feel sorry for all the women and children who's deaths get swept under the carpet.
Apparently ball bearings were found, which may give them an idea to the possible groups who did this
Reply 49
Original post by TheMagicRat
Fox News are reporting three deaths but I'm not sure any have been confirmed.

CNN just confirmed two deaths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sufistic
CNN just confirmed two deaths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Three.
Original post by qasidb
I don't know. Something tells me it wasn't Al-Qaeda or Taliban related. In other words, I personally think that it probably was Muslims but just that those usual, infamous terrorist groups that we know about (that I just mentioned) didn't know about it.

I think it was done by people inspired by the terrorist groups but not ordered by those terrorist groups. If it was done by them then I think it would've have been more sophisticated.
Most of these terrorist groups are considered to be Al-Qaeda splinter groups or affiliates, in the news the terms are usually interchangeable. I would agree though, the size of the blasts were pretty small it would seem like quite a small scale attack rather a large well planned attack.
Reply 52
Reports of a tent originally used to help fatigued runners now being used as a "make-shift morgue". Pretty grim by the sounds of it, they're reporting blast wounds, loss of limbs and fatalities but nothing confirmed officially as off yet.
Reply 53
Original post by Luxray
Interesing analysis, might be a bitter sweet moment for them then

Give it a few days and the conspiravy theories will be out about it being an inside job to ramp up support for the war on terror/increase surveillance on people.
Reply 54
https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

Short clip of one explosion.
Reply 55
Original post by Black Cat
Three.

I'm specifically talking about CNN.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
2 have died.
This is awful :frown: several people dead already :frown:
Reply 58
Hopefully there are no fatalities........and the people recover from their injuries and are able to carry on and live their lives
Prayers and thoughts are with the people involved in their tragedy and their families.

Thats scary stuff on your analysis :s-smilie:
No doubt there will be conspiracies behind it, but it depends on who the preparators were.......... and I honestly don't hope there are people in the government in the US who think like this, but then again I don't think I would surprised by it :frown:

Original post by doggyfizzel

(edited 11 years ago)
Controlled explosion must be that 3rd device they found. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending