The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Here's a livestream to current events from CBS News and Obama's livestream at 6:10PM EDT:
http://embed.scribblelive.com/Embed/v5.aspx?Id=93580&ThemeId=6700
Reply 301
Original post by Skilled
Ofcourse I believe in the Almighty, I was genuinely posting this for the sake of belief in God

-> not a good time to exert your beliefs on other people
-> using a tragic event like this to promote your religion is pathetic
-> have some respect
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Well clearly it is.

My apologies, to be clearer this is not worthy of "front page international coverage". It is of course news worthy.

For example, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/ this story is basically the whole page for the entire world.
Esentially the same story http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22143503 is a mere half page and is hidden away in the Africa section.

I see no reason for the over-emphasis on American news.

To reiterate, my symathies to the wounded in America - but more so to the dead in Africa.
Because the effect of events in Africa rarely reach outside of Africa, as opposed to the US. Why was 9/11 reported internationally, because US domestic events have far reaching consequences, far beyond US shores. I'm sorry but its painfully obvious why its worthy of international news moreso than the equivalent events in Africa.
Reply 303
First it will be Muslims, then extreme left wingers/anarchists/activists, then extreme right wingers, then lastly a lone wolf.

Why?

Muslims - Almost every post 1990' plot or successful bomb attack carried out by this group.
Extreme Left - Lead the lead table on terrorist attacks in the US
Extreme Right - Its patriot day, Obama is perceived to be taking their guns, militia movements have increased by hundreds of percent.
Long Wolf - So many recent examples.

END

OF
Reply 304
Original post by Skilled
I believe in religion myself! that's why I have posted this...

What ever gets you through. And I mean that genuinely.
Reply 305
JFK library now apparently unrelated.
Original post by Miracle Day
Of course they are relevant! There wasn't even an appology for that strike!

I'm not condoning the terrorists actions here, but I find these Drone strikes disgusting. And if this attack was created to draw attention to the children dying in Afghanistan which is certainly not common knowledge - it's sort of a quater justifiable. People have done worse to draw attention to humanitarian crimes before.

And so you can understand the full extent of this, apparently 200 children alone have died from these type of strikes.

Im sick of this political correct twaddle. NO actually killing innocent people would in no way "quarter justify" this, thats not the way you do it, dont make excuses for people. First of all we dont know WHO did this - it doesnt feel like Al-queda I think its far more likely another Timothy McVae actually.
Original post by tjf8
I've heard that around 100 were treated in hospitals though.
As has been said NYPost seemingly have their own facts and figures which they are pulling out of thin air. The figures I gave were from CNN and SkyNews, they don't seem to be changing.

The library fire is being confirmed as unconnected.
Original post by doggyfizzel
The news coverage of this event has quite frankly been utterly embarrassing, CNN constantly saying bomb and attack while stating they don't know every 2 mins. Talking about North Korean rockets. Its just been completely lacking in professionalism.

I've been watching BBC/Sky - they've refrained from any hyperbole about who did it yet. I think from a news gathering point of view, it is tough to decipher what's happened, how etc but any ideas on who was responsible is way too early.
As usual, this horrific crime will be blamed on some random Arab, who will actually be a CIA/Mossad agent in disguise and will be "held captive" by the CIA, never to be seen or heard by anyone ever again. In the meantime, the US will have given itself the opportunity to pillage, rape and plunder more countries in the Middle East with support from the many braindead US citizens. Hundreds of thousands more third-world civilians will die in the US's pursuit of imaginary terrorists while the US swims gleefully in its newly acquired oil. What a world we live in...
Coverage of Obama's address should be accessible here, at the top: http://live.reuters.com/Event/Boston_Marathon_Explosion
Anyone wanting a livestream for Obama's talk:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/live
Reply 313
Original post by Robbie242
-> not a good time to exert your beliefs on other people
-> using a tragic event like this to promote your religion is pathetic
-> have some respect

In what way am I promoting my religion?, I haven't even mentioned a religion. And I do have respect, I am very sad to see so many lives gone due to some pathetic reason of terror.
Original post by Aky786UK
I've been watching BBC/Sky - they've refrained from any hyperbole about who did it yet. I think from a news gathering point of view, it is tough to decipher what's happened, how etc but any ideas on who was responsible is way too early.
People like to criticise the Beeb but they do tend to do a pretty good job of releasing news without too much opinion or assumption. I had to move to Sky player, so sky news so I didn't get to see anymore on CNN, kind of wish I watched Fox tbh.
Reply 315
Original post by Aky786UK
Oh right, well I didn't really get that impression of your post. But maybe the tone of it is unnecessary at this time.

Thanks for understanding, I wasn't meant to harm anyone or offend anyone
Original post by doggyfizzel
As has been said NYPost seemingly have their own facts and figures which they are pulling out of thin air. The figures I gave were from CNN and SkyNews, they don't seem to be changing.

The library fire is being confirmed as unconnected.

NBC TV just 'confirmed' 100 injured, no citation though.
Ofcourse you know that there were two explosions in Boston today, but did you know there were 6 car bombs in Iraq today with dead and injured massing up to 270 odd people. Did anyone know that? Oh don't seem to see a thread about that anywhere, must be less important than this, when realistically it's as important. People have died today, Human beings have died today due to explosions, some Iraqi some American, each is equally important!
Original post by StormXibalba
Im sick of this political correct twaddle. NO actually killing innocent people would in no way "quarter justify" this, thats not the way you do it, dont make excuses for people. First of all we dont know WHO did this - it doesnt feel like Al-queda I think its far more likely another Timothy McVae actually.

It's a bit insensitive of me given that this has just happened, I'm sorry, but the whole jerk reaction to this being muslims has annoyed me. And it always annoys me about the US that they can do whatever they want in the name of 'liberation'

This springs to mind:

And not just this, but 4.6 children are killed by American drone strikes on average each day.

However, rest in peace to the victims of this terrorist attack and condolences to their families :/ Such an awful thing
(edited 11 years ago)
Even if the suspects claim to be Muslim, they are not muslims- muslims are forbidden from attcacking innocents, women and civillians- there's no war, no attacking. Islamic rules of warfare (like Jus ad Bellum in the West) condemn all forms of terrorism- especially those harming innocent civillians.

Just because they may claim to be Muslim, doesnt mean they are one- I can claim to Spongebob, but I'm not.

A Muslims's Prayer to the fallen at Boston resonates just as loud as a non-Muslims in condemning the atrocity- we stand equal, united and opposed to these extremists.

The Ummah is with you Boston, all Humanity is with you Boston.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending