The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Skilled
In what way am I promoting my religion?, I haven't even mentioned a religion. And I do have respect, I am very sad to see so many lives gone due to some pathetic reason of terror.

Alright, initially though it was better left un-posted, but I understand your reasons now and glad that you respect the extent of damage caused to the people of Boston. Didn't really intend to attack your beliefs, perhaps I misinterpreted the message of your post.
Reply 321
Original post by ChampEon
As usual, this horrific crime will be blamed on some random Arab, who will actually be a CIA/Mossad agent in disguise and will be "held captive" by the CIA, never to be seen or heard by anyone ever again. In the meantime, the US will have given itself the opportunity to pillage, rape and plunder more countries in the Middle East with support from the many braindead US citizens. Hundreds of thousands more third-world civilians will die in the US's pursuit of imaginary terrorists while the US swims gleefully in its newly acquired oil. What a world we live in...

Please, shut up :facepalm2:

What's with all the conspiracy bull**** on this thread?
Anyone owned upto it yet?
Original post by tjf8
NBC TV just 'confirmed' 100 injured, no citation though.
CNN are doing similar, they reported 23 injured but then 80 treated in hospitals. I guess it depends what they define as injured. Someone having a ringing in their ears or feeling dizzy may be treated but not injured.
Reply 324
Original post by Robbie242
Alright, initially though it was better left un-posted, but I understand your reasons now and glad that you respect the extent of damage caused to the people of Boston. Didn't really intend to attack your beliefs, perhaps I misinterpreted the message of your post.

No problem and thank you for understanding, I mean no offence
Original post by doggyfizzel
CNN are doing similar, they reported 23 injured but then 80 treated in hospitals. I guess it depends what they define as injured. Someone having a ringing in their ears or feeling dizzy may be treated but not injured.

Yeah I agree. Obama's saying 'don't jump to conclusions'.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Because the effect of events in Africa rarely reach outside of Africa, as opposed to the US. Why was 9/11 reported internationally, because US domestic events have far reaching consequences, far beyond US shores. I'm sorry but its painfully obvious why its worthy of international news moreso than the equivalent events in Africa.

I disagree with your opinion.
As usual, this horrific crime will be blamed on some random Arab, who will actually be a CIA/Mossad agent in disguise and will be "held captive" by the CIA, never to be seen or heard by anyone ever again. In the meantime, the US will have given itself the opportunity to pillage, rape and plunder more countries in the Middle East with support from the many braindead US citizens. Hundreds of thousands more third-world civilians will die in the US's pursuit of imaginary terrorists while the US swims gleefully in its newly acquired oil. What a world we live in...

Tin foil hats, tin foil hats everywhere.
People need to stop being so idiotic. Arguing amongst each other isn't going to achieve or resolve anything. There's hate between people on a forum, I dare to think what goes through the minds of extremists. Sadly as Thatcher once said, there is no such thing as society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. Just wow.
Reply 330
Has anyone seen that picture of a dismembered leg? These pictures are horrifying...
Reply 331

It's the LaLiLuLeLo. They're just after more sample of the Boss's DNA.
Original post by G8D
CBS throwing the term 'terrorism' around with so little information. Dire.

To be fair though it is terrorism. Anything that happens with intent to create fear in a society is classified as terrorism. I definitely think this falls into that category.

But they are throwing around suspects and reasons for it without information which is poor, poor journalism.
Original post by G8D

If someone does something in the name of, say, Islam and they think it's justified by the religion/texts then that's their interpretation. They are Muslims, like it or not.

Of course, it's "No True Scotsman". If anyone does anything embarrassing to Islam, then they immediately become "non-Muslims".

Logically fallacious.
Original post by Cll_ws
Please, shut up :facepalm2:

What's with all the conspiracy bull**** on this thread?

You're blinded by your ignorance. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G8D
It's not your place to say whether someone is or is not what they claim to be, that is a cop out.

If someone does something in the name of, say, Islam and they think it's justified by the religion/texts then that's their interpretation. They are Muslims, like it or not.

You contradict yourself. They also interpret themselves as Muslims - why should their interpretation outweigh others? What if they claimed to be the saviors of humanity? Are they then the saviors of humanity regardless of public denial of this?
Reply 336
Original post by darryshan
Has anyone seen that picture of a dismembered leg? These pictures are horrifying...

Yeah Idiotic facebook pages such as UniLad are posting these graphic images, its like they don't even respect the individuals enough to not publicise absolutely everything (they did the exact same with Connecticut)
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
I disagree with your opinion.
Its not really an opinion. We have been involved in Iraq, Afghanistan, Mali as part of the War on Terror, how many wars have we been involved in due to bombings in Nigeria or such. US attacks lead to greater consequences for the western world than attacks in Africa, that is a fact.
Original post by Narutopolaris
Even if the suspects claim to be Muslim, they are not muslims- muslims are forbidden from attcacking innocents, women and civillians- there's no war, no attacking. Islamic rules of warfare (like Jus ad Bellum in the West) condemn all forms of terrorism- especially those harming innocent civillians.
claim to Spongebob, but I'm not.

A Muslims's Prayer to the fallen at Boston resonates just as loud as a non-
Just because they may claim to be Muslim, doesnt mean they are one- I can Muslims in condemning the atrocity- we stand equal, united and opposed to these extremists.

The Ummah is with you Boston, all Humanity is with you Boston.

Whats the penalty for apostocy in islam? Its death, there is plenty in the Quaran to justify killing 'infidels' Thankfully most muslims arent like that but the people doing these things believe they are and that the Quaran is the word of God so they are muslims whether you like it or not.

Personally i think people are getting ahead of themselves, this looks more and more like a domestic attack like the Oklahoma City bombings.
Conspiracy bull****

I don't suppose it would quite hurt you to leave your conspiracy bull**** until the victims are cold?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending