The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
It's not your place to say whether someone is or is not what they claim to be, that is a cop out.

If someone does something in the name of, say, Islam and they think it's justified by the religion/texts then that's their interpretation. They are Muslims, like it or not.

Yes, whilst it may be their interpretation, if there has been study, debate and objective rules established by a doctrinal base (like the Quran) on the rules of warfare, then this undermines any subjectivism by the terrorist.

Example: Murder is the act of taking a life, with the intent. If my interpreation of that differs, the that is subjective, and wrong; objectively, since the law has dictated it, there can be no other interpretation: my interpreation may be my interpretation, but its wrong plain and simple; like the act that they do- which is Un-Islamic, and therefore, no Muslim would do it- once he has does the act, any claim to be muslim is negated.
Reply 341
Original post by Cll_ws
Please, shut up :facepalm2:

What's with all the conspiracy bull**** on this thread?

There seems to be lots of conspiracy theorists on tsr and when you question them, they accuse you of being naive :rolleyes:
Original post by G8D
It's not your place to say whether someone is or is not what they claim to be, that is a cop out.

If someone does something in the name of, say, Islam and they think it's justified by the religion/texts then that's their interpretation. They are Muslims, like it or not.

What a load of tosh. If a guy was to dress, act and consider himself a woman, however much he deluded himself, he wouldn't be a woman. Strange comparison, but its true. People who kill in the name of religion contradict faith.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by March
It's the LaLiLuLeLo. They're just after more sample of the Boss's DNA.

You've said too much :ninja:

The patriots are coming for you
CNN reporting confirmation of two unexploded devices. One at a hotel and a second at an undisclosed location.
Reply 345
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah Idiotic facebook pages such as UniLad are posting these graphic images, its like they don't even respect the individuals enough to not publicise absolutely everything (they did the exact same with Connecticut)

It's despicable how Facebook pages use graphic images of disasters just to get likes. Horrible.
Original post by StormXibalba
Whats the penalty for apostocy in islam? Its death, there is plenty in the Quaran to justify killing 'infidels' Thankfully most muslims arent like that but the people doing these things believe they are and that the Quaran is the word of God so they are muslims whether you like it or not.

Personally i think people are getting ahead of themselves, this looks more and more like a domestic attack like the Oklahoma City bombings.

1. The penalty for Apostacy is death, yes, but thats breaking a law; the runners in the marathon, broke no law. Also, that law only applies to Islamic law countries, the USA is not- the law cannot be superseded; Muslims must adhere to the State law.

2. Yes, killing is justified- in self defence (Bostonians were not attacking Islam- this was an act of agressive). In the same way, the UN justifies war (killing) for self defence (see The First Gulf War). Furtheremore, in war, Muslims cannot attack children, women or civillians- like the runners.

3. Just because people believe they are something, doesnt mean they are- I can believe that I'm a unicorn, but If i am not the form of the Unicorn, I cannot be one. They may belueve they are Muslims, but if they dont adhere to what a Muslim is, then they cannot be Muslim (and since they have commited these acts, they arent Muslim).
Original post by TaylorGang_4
What a load of tosh. If a guy was to dress, act and consider himself a woman, however much he deluded himself, he wouldn't be a woman. Strange comparison, but its true. People who kill in the name of religion contradict faith.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know anything about religion? Look at the history of religion its very bloody and theres no right or wrong interpretation, its not science or law. If you kill your neighbor on for working on Sunday you are not contradicting faith, it tells you to in the bible. This is the problem with religion.
Reply 348
Original post by ESPORTIVA
You've said too much :ninja:

The patriots are coming for you

Joke's on them, I'm invisible to RADAR.

edit: Ohmygod, the tinfoil hat totally needs to be an in-game item. Imagine beating Psycho Mantis again, except this time with a tinfoil hat and a PlayStation Eye to make sure you were wearing it...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 349
Seriously just want go and live on mars!
There's too little love in this world to make up for all this hate!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by March
Joke's on them, I'm invisible to RADAR.

Stealth camo eh? Or chaff grenades?
Especially because there is no official word yet on who is responsible. We should wait and see.
Reply 352
Anyone see this (it was quickly deleted)? What are your opinions? https://twitter.com/azadaliCCM/status/323921371556106240
Original post by StormXibalba
Do you know anything about religion? Look at the history of religion its very bloody and theres no right or wrong interpretation, its not science or law. If you kill your neighbor on for working on Sunday you are not contradicting faith, it tells you to in the bible. This is the problem with religion.

Very astute. Religion is responsible for killing millions, nay - billions. What are we waiting for? Let's hunt this 'religion' and bring it to justice. Rumour has it it's lurking in the "abstract noun" section in the dictionary.
Reports coming in (unconfirmed) that one of the dead was 8 :frown:
Reply 355
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Stealth camo eh? Or chaff grenades?

Cannabis. It makes you impossible to track stoners with technology, that's why the government want it bandz. :cool:
Reply 356
Original post by anonymouse01
People have ****ing died you prick and all of you selfish Muslim ***** are just worrying about your own religions publicity

Posted from TSR iPad

I'm disheartened about what's happened, but I also care about the indirect problems it creates elsewhere. There's no need to swear.
Original post by Narutopolaris
1. The penalty for Apostacy is death, yes, but thats breaking a law; the runners in the marathon, broke no law. Also, that law only applies to Islamic law countries, the USA is not- the law cannot be superseded; Muslims must adhere to the State law.

2. Yes, killing is justified- in self defence (Bostonians were not attacking Islam- this was an act of agressive). In the same way, the UN justifies war (killing) for self defence (see The First Gulf War). Furtheremore, in war, Muslims cannot attack children, women or civillians- like the runners.

3. Just because people believe they are something, doesnt mean they are- I can believe that I'm a unicorn, but If i am not the form of the Unicorn, I cannot be one. They may belueve they are Muslims, but if they dont adhere to what a Muslim is, then they cannot be Muslim (and since they have commited these acts, they arent Muslim).

People have done things in the name of religion for hundreds of years. If someone happens to define themself a muslim and kills in the name of islam they dont suddenly stop being a muslim because you dont like what they did. If you have ever drunk alcohol you are not a muslim by your own logic because thats a non-adherence to islam. If someone practices that religion then they practice it.
Original post by G8D
Funnily enough, your male to female comparison really depends on who you ask :tongue:

Regardless, 'Islam' and 'Muslim' are not static or unanimous terms. If someone or a group does something abhorrent in the name of Islam should we not have contempt for that group and any other muslims that ascribe to those views? Whether they are 'mainstream' is irrelevant, the world is full of many different varieties of religious followers.

Yes, there are many varieites, but they all adhere to the underlying principle that this act is wrong- they may differ on small matters, the underlying prinicple remains.

For example. On the idea of murder, you could have one group who believs that that the punishment is death. Another that the punishment sho,u,d be life. Aother who believes that the punishment is 15 years. They disagree on the timing of punishment, but all agree that the murder is wrong (hence why they want punsihment).

Similarly, in the various sects if Islam, they may all disgree on small matters (e.g. Whetehr to have a beard or not)' but they will all agree with the underlying, objective divine command- refusing to do so, is Un-Islamic (you cannot refute the word of God) and therefore, they wont be Muslim- they wouldnt be one of the "various sects"
Reply 359
Original post by anonymouse01
People have ****ing died you prick and all of you selfish Muslim ***** are just worrying about your own religions publicity

Posted from TSR iPad

While your heart is oh so clearly bleeding. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending