The Student Room Group

Learning coach interview

I have an interview next week as a learning coach, which is basically like a teaching assistant
Any tips or suggested questions?
Im assuming they'll ask things like, why I want to do it, examples of when Ive worked with children, what I can bring to the role etc
Any suggestions on how to reply?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Think about what you want them to know about you- skills and qualities you have, and relate them to experiences you have to back them up (educational or not). That way, when you are asked a question, you're prepared to tell them something AND back it up.

Don't forget the safeguarding questions- they will most likely give you a hypothetical situation, to which your answer will probably be "I would refer that to the child protection officer", or similar.

Take a look around the TES forum for much more help than this- the Jobseekers forum is invaluable for teaching advice, and you may find some TA-specific help in the forum for teaching assistants.
Original post by noodles!
Think about what you want them to know about you- skills and qualities you have, and relate them to experiences you have to back them up (educational or not). That way, when you are asked a question, you're prepared to tell them something AND back it up.

Don't forget the safeguarding questions- they will most likely give you a hypothetical situation, to which your answer will probably be "I would refer that to the child protection officer", or similar.

Take a look around the TES forum for much more help than this- the Jobseekers forum is invaluable for teaching advice, and you may find some TA-specific help in the forum for teaching assistants.

Just had a look at the sites as I cant sleep
Wish me luck ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Little_missy01
Just had a look at the sites as I cant sleep
Wish me luck ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry I didn't see this. Presume you've had your interview then, hope it went well!
Original post by noodles!
So sorry I didn't see this. Presume you've had your interview then, hope it went well!

It went well... But, the interviewer said Ive been very lucky to have come this far as they had over 200 applications, so I have no idea... If Iv got it or not. I have a feeling there'll have been somewhere even better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found out earlier today I didnt get it
They said I was passionate and enthusiastic, friendly, had alot of strength and alot to offer, but the person they appointed had more experience :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending