The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
BBC reporting 3 dead now.
Reply 441
Original post by Snagprophet
If that Saudi national was not involved in the planting of the bombs, I'd imagine it was some nutter amused by the Sandy Hook shootings, wanting to attack anything to do with it for attention.

That guy on the roof, I wonder if it's possible he was positioned halfway between the two explosions. It seems a good vantage point. It's quite a chilling picture, even if it's a coincidence.

I think he's security.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Oil. But we won't need them for much longer; once we develop enough renewable energy, we can cut them off.

If they continue to support terrorist groups, they should be subject to a military attack

America support terrorist groups themself, but that means nothing to them. They have a strong army (which is the main reason why America also need Saudi to fund their weapons and army) and just invade countries they can get away with imvading. Saudi Arabia's only defence is America's army. Their army is pretty small compared to others in the middle east.
(edited 11 years ago)
A Photographers witness account. Some pics are graphic.

lightbox.time.com/2013/04/15/tragedy-in-boston-one-photographers-eyewitness-account/

Hopefully the Americans get to the bottom of this quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=046MuD1pYJg#t=6s

Very good video showing the explosion and immediate reaction.
Speaking to a chap in another forum that is primarily American based, he said it's not uncommon for people to be standing on the roofs of buildings to watch a marathon. And detonation might have been activated on ground level rather than the person at the top.

It's nice to see this thread isn't turning into a finger-pointing and conspiracy posts.....

Obama's response and the general reaction has been one of taking some time aside to investigate what's happened before pointing to culprits whether individuals, a group foreign or domestic. We should learn from that aswell before engaging in debates that won't lead anywhere.

It was interesting Obama say they will find who did and and WHY? If it happens to be someone protesting against foreign policy or US actions abroad, will he listen to that and take into view or go with another narrative of "they don't like our freedoms" etc. I'll awaiting that with interest.
Original post by Aky786UK

It was interesting Obama say they will find who did and and WHY? If it happens to be someone protesting against foreign policy or US actions abroad, will he listen to that

Why should they be listened to?

By using violence, you immediately forfeit the right to be taken seriously in terms of your politics and view.

It's not as though there is no non-violent opposition to US foreign policy, so why should a murderer be given some weight that non-violent activists are not? Isn't that an insult both to the people who died, and to the people who peacefully express their views within the framework of democracy?

Does it not also undermine the principle that policy change must occur at the ballot box? If we're going to give away that principle, we're simply giving away the whole show and are living in a society ruled from the barrel of a gun
(edited 11 years ago)

From this picture you can clearly see it was the blue M&M that did it
(edited 11 years ago)
god bless america..
can they get a refund
Reports are saying that ball bearings were used in the bombs, which explains the mass loss of limbs.

Absolutely disgusts me that someone could not only bomb the place, but also pack their devices with ball bearings in order to maim and disfigure even further.

Evil and sadistic.
It's not that people don't care or feel for those that are suffering in the middle east but they are daily events and as such the are not headline news. I agree that's horrific.

However, using that as a basis for anti-American sentiment when a similar tragedy occurs in the US is horrifically distasteful. Had it happened in Tokyo, Moscow, Sydney or even Dubai it would have been reported with just as much coverage.
Reply 452
As a Boston resident, I'm glad that people are feeling such sympathy in the wake of this tragedy. We have to heighten the level of discourse and figure out how to minimize the number of acts like this one that happen worldwide everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tjf8
"Hypothesis proven: Libs responding to "kill them all" sarcasm neglect fact that their precious Islamists say the same about us EVERY DAY."

Weak attempt at backtracking followed by aggression against people who criticise him.

Original post by Savvy Sage
Since when were "Islamists" precious to libs? Since when is a comment concerning genocide sarcastic? Pray tell.

It's fascinating that you compare Rush's comments to that of those made by Islamists. If Rush is being sarcastic, then surely Islamists are also being sarcastic? On the other hand, if the Islamists are condemnable for preaching mass murder, then surely Rush is also condemnable for committing the same crime. Your argument is inconsistent and probably clouded by a wholly blatant personal bias. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but the first line of my post was in quotation marks because it was a quotation from the man himself, not my own opinion. The 'weak attempt at backtracking' was the quotation above. I don't even make an argument there; I'm just pasting what he said.
R.I.P to all those who have lost their lives in this tragic

Does anyone have any information about the attackers or the political motives behind this attack?
Original post by Pendulum3
R.I.P to all those who have lost their lives in this tragic

Does anyone have any information about the attackers or the political motives behind this attack?

Well, Barak Obama, the Boston Police Department and all national news outlets have no idea. And TSR would be the place you'd expect this information to turn up? :confused:

Hope the hateful, miserable, inadequate, tiny minded people that were desperate for this to be an Islamic extremist are beginning to feel just a little ashamed of their reaction now this is settling and looking increasingly likely to be domestic, as it so often is. Not that it should matter who the culprit is for them to reflect on and feel bad about the fairly obvious xenophobia/racism (call it what you want) infesting their thinking.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Well, Barak Obama, the Boston Police Department and all national news outlets have no idea. And TSR would be the place you'd expect this information to turn up? :confused:

Hope the hateful, miserable, inadequate, tiny minded people that were desperate for this to be an Islamic extremists are beginning to feel just a little ashamed of their reaction now this is settling and looking increasingly likely to be domestic, as it so often is. Not that it should matter who the culprit it for them to reflect on and feel bad about the fairly obvious xenophobia/racism (call it what you want) infesting their thinking.

Not sure but wasn't it American Patriot Day or something, could've been some crazy separists, I also heard the attacker tackled a Saudi Man or something before the attack, just rumours I guess.
Reply 457
Not sure but wasn't it American Patriot Day or something, could've been some crazy separists, I also heard the attacker tackled a Saudi Man or something before the attack, just rumours I guess.

At the moment its uncertain, its likely to either be a foreign terrorist or a extremist right winger (could be left wing, but doubt it)
Reply 458

This Saudi man sure is getting around. First he was injured by the bomb, then he was being questioned by police in connection to the attack, now he's being tackled by the attacker. Poor guy has had a rough day by the sounds of it, he only went to watch some running..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 459
Pakistani Taliban have denied involvement;

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2013/04/16/World-leaders-react-to-Boston-Marathon-explosions-.html

"We believe in attacking U.S. and its allies but we are not involved in this attack," Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending