The Student Room Group

Transfering to LSE from UCL after 1st yr, worth it?

Hey guys,

I was rejected by LSE for Bsc Accounting and Finance but i ve got offers from UCL and Warwick. Now i' m going to finish my first year of undergraduate at UCL for Economics & Statistics and considering a transfer from UCL to LSE. Actually I'm looking for a job in finance sectors(IB,HF or PE,etc) after graduation and guess i will be applying US universities for my postgraduate coz i would like to work in banks in America or HongKong.

So now i have some questions about this:

1.Is it worth reapplying LSE for IB(i mean, compared to UCL)? I heard from my sister graduated from LSE that the majority of offers for internships in banks come to LSE and Oxbridge guys.

2.I know it really depends on individuals, but does an undergrad from LSE with 1st honor or 2:1 have an edge for applications of US universities(than UCL or WW)?

3.Anybody knows something about reapplication from another university? i.e.the process and other requirements? Any previous successful examples? I ve got A*A*AA in M,Econ,Phy and FM with 2 internships in banks and many extracurricular activities. What are my chances to get an offer if i am predicted a 1st or 2:1 from UCL?

4.Does age matter for women to find a job in IB? I mean,is it worth to sacrifice one year to get an offer? Coz u know, courses like economics do not accept direct transfer to 2nd year.

Sorry for so many questions. Any suggestions will be appreciated:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
It is not worth reapplying. If you want to transfer to LSE once you've started at UCL or Warwick, then fine, but if you have to miss/redo a year, then it's not worth it. LSE, UCL and Warwick are all part of the core group of target unis. You have just as much chance of breaking in to IB from UCL or Warwick as you do from LSE.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
You have good grades.

Plus you mentioned you have previous internships & extra-curriculars.

Your application will be fine for applying for internship.

You're at UCL, you will not be put at a disadvantage in any way.
Reply 3
Original post by MAINE.
It is not worth reapplying. If you want to transfer to LSE once you've started at UCL or Warwick, then fine, but if you have to miss/redo a year, then it's not worth it. LSE, UCL and Warwick are all part of the core group of target unis. You have just as much chance of breaking in to IB from UCL or Warwick as you do from LSE.

Thanks!! I am just afraid that if i cannot get a 1st year internship, it's very difficult for me to get the sophomore summer internship. And I dont want to do masters.
Reply 4
Original post by stackemup
You have good grades.

Plus you mentioned you have previous internships & extra-curriculars.

Your application will be fine for applying for internship.

You're at UCL, you will not be put at a disadvantage in any way.

Cheers! Are you currently working or studying at university?
Reply 5
Cheers! Are you currently working or studying at university?

Yea. Ironically I'm from Stats department at UCL; studying pure stats. I done 3 SW this term.

Good Luck with the Summer Internship!
Lol you don't wanna be like the guy that went to LSE and got 2:2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending