The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by McHumpy92
Men have higher pain thresholds than women...child birth wouldn't be a problem and they would push the baby out a lot quicker as well.

I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. How long it takes you to push the baby out has little to do with how much pain you're in and it's going to be an intensely painful experience for whichever gender is adapted to do it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 461
Original post by Alice:)
Shaving your legs whilst standing up in the shower is ridiculously, ridiculously hard

Shaving your legs full stop. Such a chore
Reply 462
Original post by Kazbian
I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. How long it takes you to push the baby out has little to do with how much pain you're in and it's going to be an intensely painful experience for whichever gender is adapted to do it.

Where did I say it is...men are stronger and more determined so would push the baby out quicker. From what my mum says the pain of giving birth isn't that bad, more fear than anything the first time, after that they're a doddle.
Reply 463
Passing kidney stones is more painful than child birth....you don't hear men whinging about that all the time. Child birth is a pathetic way for females to sound hardcore when they're just not....most don't have the determination to actually push themselves through pain and hang on to this fallacy.
Men have higher pain thresholds than women...child birth wouldn't be a problem and they would push the baby out a lot quicker as well.

The baby isn't supposed to be pushed out quickly or it can cause problems, the woman has to use the contractions in order to get the baby out :^_^:
Reply 465
Original post by BeccaAnne94
The baby isn't supposed to be pushed out quickly or it can cause problems, the woman has to use the contractions in order to get the baby out :^_^:

You are wrong!
Original post by scrotgrot
Personally I vote for getting hair stuck under your foreskin or even in your urethra. My girlfriend's head hairs are always getting in there and it's the worst because they're so long...

I really couldn't be a woman, all that endless worrying about what other people might think of you from make-up, clothes, what you eat to simply dealing with your period. It would drive me to drink

Used up all my rep for today, so you're getting a + tomorrow.

That's the sort of thing that as soon as you tell me, both our eyes will flash that expression of mutual sympathy and understanding. Getting hair stuck there is just the first part - then you've got the countdown from 3 and the grimace when you tug it out which was not unlike the time you sat down too quickly on a, anyway, you get it.
Passing kidney stones is more painful than child birth....you don't hear men whinging about that all the time. Child birth is a pathetic way for females to sound hardcore when they're just not....most don't have the determination to actually push themselves through pain and hang on to this fallacy.

Oh really? I don't think anyone here would exist if their mothers hadn't pushed themselves through the pain.

As for not having the determination, I'm pretty sure most women do. Parents have a connection to their unborn child, there is obviously going to be determination to get the child out, regardless of gender.
Reply 468
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Oh really? I don't think anyone here would exist if their mothers hadn't pushed themselves through the pain.

As for not having the determination, I'm pretty sure most women do. Parents have a connection to their unborn child, there is obviously going to be determination to get the child out, regardless of gender.

I mean in general....then child birth comes along and they've backed themselves in a corner and have no choice too. Which they find tough because they've never actually pushed themselves through pain before.
Original post by danielnkwocha
This.

Also girls won't know how embarrassing it is for us when someone sits on your lap and your little fella wants to spring into action :erm: I'm convinced that they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate that! I'm going to buy sticky tape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anony.mouse
Another icky one.

How you can't squeeze a fart or poo out when you're wearing a tampon else you squeeze the tampon out to unless you're some kind of superhuman that can control muscles in that area perfectly, in the same way some women poop when they're giving birth ...

I giggled hard at this one :smile:
Original post by pinkangelgirl
normally i turn my back depending how drunk i am, otherwise just face and talk lol

My God. How do you deal with having such little time to yourself?! Whenever I go to a club I always have to have a toilet break at some point in the night just so I can have a sit down without people trying to talk to me!
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
What do you mean, if? :wink:

It's just like girls can't understand how guys can piss in front of each other. And guys don't understand why girls go to bathrooms together.

For the record, I can't. Nervous bladder. If I go into a public bathroom, unless it's empty, I will use a cubicle. Not because of the genitals on show but because of the pressure to hurry up and finish.
Original post by alexs2602
For the record, I can't. Nervous bladder. If I go into a public bathroom, unless it's empty, I will use a cubicle. Not because of the genitals on show but because of the pressure to hurry up and finish.

That's understandable - I hate peeing when anyone else can hear. I'm such a nervous person. :rolleyes:
Original post by danny111
I've never heard of this rule.

I'm here to take back your mancard.

Edit: Typo
(edited 11 years ago)
How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.

hell yeah! Especially when there's no door or its open to the entrance to the toilets and then you think to yourself 'I wonder if the people stood outside can hear me...?'
That's understandable - I hate peeing when anyone else can hear. I'm such a nervous person. :rolleyes:

Haha. Not the noise for me though really, more the lack of noise. Sometimes I'll attempt to use a urinal and I'll be standing there trying to pee and perhaps someone will come in or already be there and then it's overwhelming how obvious it is that I'm just standing there doing nothing, which makes it harder.
Original post by carrotstar
hell yeah! Especially when there's no door or its open to the entrance to the toilets and then you think to yourself 'I wonder if the people stood outside can hear me...?'

I swear they're deliberately designed to announce Mother Nature's calling card.
Reply 478
How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.

LOL just flush the toilet as you take it out, masks the sound perfectly. :wink:
Original post by Peaches & Cream
How many people have you heard of that have died from being kicked in the balls? Now compare that to the number of women that have died in childbirth. :rolleyes:

That's not really the same thing though. Pain from contractions don't cause death. I'd wager it's loss of blood.

Quick Reply

Latest