The Student Room Group

Am i the only one who hates summer?

Warm weather makes me moody/angry/frustrated and i get easily irritated. I prefer it when the weather is cool with grey clouds.
Is it just me?

Scroll to see replies

Nope. Winter FTW.
Reply 2
I like this temperature where I don't need to wrap up warm to go out, but I've not got my fan on full blast either, summer..summer like june/july are bloody hot and frustrating
Reply 3
Festival season is clearly the best season!
Reply 4
get used to it, global warming will = further hot weather
Same!
Allergies, insects, overly-humid weather not to mention sunburn when my skin is so pale it's practically transparent.

Although I do like a but of sunshine if it's not too hot, the weather at the moment is perfect :biggrin:
Reply 6
I pretty much hate the summer too - although that's mostly down to hayfever.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Doesn't come quick enough imo :/
Reply 8
I like the brightness and long periods of light, but my bedroom window is South facing and the window is huge, so it gets like a greenhouse in here, I have basking spot lamps and heat meat for the reptiles, so even if it's only mid to low 20c's outside, it'll often be high twenties to 30c in here, so when it's 30c outside....I cannot sleep.

I prefer to be cold when sleeping, as it's much easier to add more layers if you want, than to try and sleep when you're sweating.
Reply 9
OP is Frosty the Snowman
I would not mind the hot weather so much, if it was not for my Hay Fever. It has started now and will continue till mid July :frown:.
I hate summer during the mornings. My bedroom window is east facing, and because our house is on the corner, there is nothing stopping the flood of the sunshine from waking me up at like 6/7am -.- Literally, I roll over towards the window and its like somebody has pointed 10 torches in my face :/
Original post by AtomicMan
I hate summer during the mornings. My bedroom window is east facing, and because our house is on the corner, there is nothing stopping the flood of the sunshine from waking me up at like 6/7am -.- Literally, I roll over towards the window and its like somebody has pointed 10 torches in my face :/
I have the same problem as you, it is a nightmare. So what I do know is put a large piece of cardboard against my window and it blocks out the light. It may look trampy, but it does work.
Reply 13
Ah, the yearly 'Am I the only one who hates summer'? read.

I don't hate it, it does get annoying sometimes when everyone says oh its a nice day, let's go outside...
I hate it too! I'm white as a sheet so I burn easily, I'm scared of thunderstorms, and I feel crabby and upset in hot weather. Plus everyone expects you to be outside and active and HAPPY all the time. I'm looking at you, family members.
I used to be like you :biggrin: I hated summer. I get sun burnt SO easily.

I like it now though.
Reply 16
Am i the only one who hates winter?
I only like Winter, there's nothing better than snow and blistering winds when you are nice and tucked up watching TV with your cats. Summer is horrible.
Two things i hate:

1. Putting a new t-shirt on and sweating it through within the first 5 minutes of being in the sun.
2. The dog on my street is left outside all day and barks constantly from about 7am on and off all day. (started happening last few days as it's gradually got warmer).
Reply 19
A friend of mine feels the same, although he even likes the rain. I just don't see it myself...

Quick Reply

Latest