The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaypc
LOL just flush the toilet as you take it out, masks the sound perfectly. :wink:

But then there's the bigggg pause between flushing and leaving the stall, and that feels awkward too.

I know, I'm terrible. :rolleyes:
Reply 481
Original post by alexs2602
Haha. Not the noise for me though really, more the lack of noise. Sometimes I'll attempt to use a urinal and I'll be standing there trying to pee and perhaps someone will come in or already be there and then it's overwhelming how obvious it is that I'm just standing there doing nothing, which makes it harder.

This is awful. I always use a cubicle if I can, don't know what it is, just find it hard to take a leak in public.

The worst part about this is my friends found out, so now it's pretty common for them to follow me into the bathroom after a couple of drinks and talk to me, because they know I wont be able to actually piss while they're talking to me. *******s :frown:
Haha. Not the noise for me though really, more the lack of noise. Sometimes I'll attempt to use a urinal and I'll be standing there trying to pee and perhaps someone will come in or already be there and then it's overwhelming how obvious it is that I'm just standing there doing nothing, which makes it harder.

I guess it's more of an issue of like. Judgement for guys, 'cause everyone can see you.
Reply 483
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
But then there's the bigggg pause between flushing and leaving the stall, and that feels awkward too.

I know, I'm terrible. :rolleyes:

People dont pay attention to things like this. And if they do notice, they dont care
Original post by Lexi99
People dont pay attention to things like this. And if they do notice, they dont care

Almost certainly true, I agree. But that doesn't make me stop caring. :rolleyes:
Original post by Ezekiella
Pretending to be interested in becoming a girl's friend when actually all you want is to sleep with her does not usually work.

That men don't usually pretend to want to be a girl's friend to sleep with them.

Edit: If it isn't clear I'll clarify, men become friends with women because they want to be friends with them. Simple, right? And if they also want to have sex with them that doesn't usually take away from that. They still want to be friends for other reasons.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LISSEY
Wearing a g string can sometimes feel like a cheese cutter :smile:

How awkward it feels when you're nipples are erect & showing through your tops even with a bra on.

As awkward as having an erection and having difficulty positioning it more subtly?
As awkward as having an erection and having difficulty positioning it more subtly?

Any kind of tight jeans + an erection = bad bad times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peaches & Cream
I didn't say it was impossible to die from being kicked in the balls; I just compared the two - it's far more likely for childbirth to cause death than being kicked in the the balls.

8.6 fatalities per 100,000 maternities

Also, being kicked in the balls is pain on impact - that split second of extreme pain, followed by aching afterwards. Childbirth? For lot's of women, giving birth is hours of constant pain followed by days of aching.

Split second? Try several minutes. Still very painful.
Original post by sarahthegemini
Grabbing hold of our boobs can be painful :sigh: And the sheer pain of knocking your hip bone on a corner or God forbid knocking your vaginal area is excrutiating :eek:

Have you heard of a penis per chance?

Do you have a statistic for deaths from being kicked in the balls?

To use your wording; several minutes? Try several hours.
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Do you have a statistic for deaths from being kicked in the balls?

I wasn't comparing the two but the way you phrased it sounded like it happens all the time. 0.0086% chance of death from childbirth. That's incredibly low.

To use your wording; several minutes? Try several hours.

Again, I didn't compare the two but I just corrected your misconception.

Mate, you haven't been kicked there properly, if the person kicks hard enough, the pain can last for ages. My mate ended up throwing up blood when he got kicked there. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by chappers-94
Mate, you haven't been kicked there properly, if the person kicks hard enough, the pain can last for ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hasn't happened to me in years, thankfully.
(edited 11 years ago)
Thought people had moved on from the whole kicking in the balls/pregnancy thing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't comparing the two but the way you phrased it sounded like it happens all the time. 0.0086% chance of death from childbirth. That's incredibly low.

Yeah, but isn't it still more likely than dying from being kicked in the balls?

Oh, and if we're talking pain, there's a whole host of way childbirth can be thoroughly damaging. When my sister was born, her shoulder caught on my mum's cervix and ruptured it.

From this Yahoo! answers page, women have shared their experiences:

"like someone is holding a lighter to your bits"

"feels like your 'down below' has been attacked by a red hot poker"

"I wondered why in the hell women do this more than once"

"if you can imaging trying to push out a watermelon through your vagina but also imagine that it is on fire!"

Original post by danielnkwocha
Thought people had moved on from the whole kicking in the balls/pregnancy thing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had, but someone quoted me again, and it's not in my nature to not argue back :tongue:
The 'Up & Tuck'

At least I would hope that this is only known by men and not by women...

*Sorry if this has already been posted*
Original post by Kaisha
Why not wear leggings? I do, or if I must, I wear shorts over my tights!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like leggings with a long top, but not with dresses :smile: I need to get some good leggings though! I don't have any :frown:

Original post by Lexi99
When i wear tights i just roll the top of the tights down to my hips, the same as my underwear line, otherwise the pressure of it on my tummy gives me a tummy ache. Either that or you have to pull them under your boobs, not sexy.

Or sometimes stockings. Or just dont wear any

If I roll 'em to my hips, they push my belly out and give me a big overhang!
Reply 499
peeing around/on the toilet. sometimes piss shoots out in 3 different directions and its damn near impossible to control it when it happens.

Quick Reply

Latest