The Student Room Group

What/Who do you think caused the Boston attacks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Why on Earth would it be an Islamic group? Even so, serious Islamic extremists normally claim responsibility almost immediately. What's more, as I said above, attacks by such extremists would have been much larger and would have included an even greater loss of life. This attack was the act of amateurs and things point to one of domestic origin.

You don't just immediately put the blame on Islamic extremists - even the Taliban for goodness' sake hasn't used the opportunity to claim responsibility. In fact, the Pakistani Taliban declared that it did not carry out the attacks or have anything to do with it. And North Korea doesn't do terrorism, especially on US soil - that's not it's "MO".

There's never the exception to that? Islamic groups are to be almost everywhere including the US. What makes you think that there are no Islamic terrorist groups in the US? Why does it have to be the Taliban?
Reply 61
I as a Muslim, Voted muslim...
Reply 62
Original post by ChampEon
Probably another false flag by the CIA, just like 9/11.

I agree with you on 9 / 11 but I don't think the scale is quite the same
Just because it was small scale doesn't mean it wasn't Islamic extreamist related, although there is nothing to suggest it is either. It just suggests it wasn't something with big organisation. More likely an individual or individual group working alone with home made bombs. They tend to be most dangerous as there is less communication for security services to pick up on. They might not even have links with any known terrorists which would flag things up. Another thing that seems to discount any organised group being involved is the lack of anyone claiming responsiblity. Terrorist groups will nearly always be quick to come out to claim responsibility for an attack and say why.
Reply 64
I think it's an inside job just like 9/11.

EDIT: lol at the idiot who negged, you know it's the truth.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
Like ebery other major event; we'll never know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you intellectually dim? Since when the the DPRK conduct terrorist attacks on American soil? By Jove, NK don't even conduct terrorist attacks on South Korean soil, let alone US soil! This isn't even NK's MO (if they even have any) - NK normally just makes lots of noise in its own neighborhood and is more concerned with nuclear issues.

If this terrorist attack was perpetrated by a state, it would have been much bigger and much more sophisticated. The Boston explosions looked like amateur acts - I don't even think it could have been Islamic extremists, unless they were really, really amateur. The pitiful amateurishness of this attack makes me suspect that it was an attack of domestic origin (freedom fighters or some other crazed fringe).

But it is certainly not North Korea - if you think so, I urge you to do us (and Darwin) all a favour...

i am still convinced it was north korea
Reply 67
some american nutcase.
Original post by Martyn*
There's never the exception to that? Islamic groups are to be almost everywhere including the US. What makes you think that there are no Islamic terrorist groups in the US? Why does it have to be the Taliban?

In the slightest possibility that it was an Islamic extremist operation - it is a very amateur group without serious firepower; unless of course, as some media outlets have speculated, these Boston incidents were merely "test runs"....
Original post by study beats
i am still convinced it was north korea

Don't be foolish. The only way NK sees itself harming the United States is by obliterating it in a nuclear war.

Additionally, you only think it's NK because they've been in the news a lot recently - but the fact is, NK has been making outrageous threats for decades.

Lastly, please do grow a brain. :rolleyes:
What does being right wing have to do with it?
Original post by Joeman560
What does being right wing have to do with it?

Right wing extremists have been accountable in the past (i.e. Timothy McVeigh, Oklahoma 95).
Original post by Chindits
If this was some far right movement in the USA such as Timothy Mcveigh - the target makes no sense.

The depravity of the chosen targets at that specific location and time, can only point to Islamists. Hitting the spectators of family members and charity runners.

Only Islamists can be that depraved.

The fact there were two maybe three bombs is another indication of it being Islamist. The fact the bombs were relatively small (I'm guessing 2kg-5kg bombs) would suggest it was either not a central Al Qaeda plot (as they would have gone for something bigger) and more likely a lone wolf or 2 to 3 man cell inspired by Al Qaeda.

It could also be Hezbollah on the order of Iran who carried out a bus bombing against Israelis in Bulgaria last year. That device was quite small too. Given the post 9/11 security in the US, some groups may have factored that it's better to slip small devices in and have more chance of being 'successful' than try to attempt a massive attack and risk being caught.

Ball bearings are also a hallmark of Islamists. 'palestinians' pack their bombs with them.

Iranian agents have been caught in several countries in the last two years planning bombings.

We don't know, it might be it might not be. But Islamic extremists tend to "claim" the attack and release videos detailing why they did it and this has not happened. Far right extremists would attack a celebration of unity as they hate modern America for how diverse it is.
I think it's for the FBI to answer that question don't you?!!!!
Reply 75
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
the internet says some saudi muslim over there on a student visa has been caught, that he was tackled after someone noticed him run immediately when the blasts went off and thought he looked suspicious.

Okay, so lets arrest every other person who was running away from the devastation. If there was a literal bloodbath right next to me, I would run.
Original post by darryshan
Okay, so lets arrest every other person who was running away from the devastation. If there was a literal bloodbath right next to me, I would run.

I'm just repeating what I saw being reported online, and I think what they mean is that immediately after the blasts people didn't know what happened, there was confusion. If everyone else was standing around wondering what happened and there's one guy already running... obviously it won't have been one person out of a crowd of running people being tackled.
Reply 77
The fact that no-one/group has come out to claim responsibility is quite telling.

I'm 99% sure now that this was the work of a lone attacker.
Entitled to speculation on anything I want to tvm! I don't rely on the FBI and the CIA to tell me what's black and what's white, green blue yellow I have my own eyes and my own brain - and I'm inclined to use them, and you should too. Don't just rely on the media to tell you what's what, or you may end up like NK!
Don't be foolish. The only way NK sees itself harming the United States is by obliterating it in a nuclear war.

Additionally, you only think it's NK because they've been in the news a lot recently - but the fact is, NK has been making outrageous threats for decades.

Lastly, please do grow a brain. :rolleyes:

who do u think it was then Einstein?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending