The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Beaumont Hall 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cjed2004
easy boys an girls, im gonna be in beaumont hall starting in 2013, just got my room confirmed, gonna be in Block 6 Ground Floor Corridor 22 Room 21B, anyone else in the same block or anything? know its early days, and some people havnt got Leicester as their firm yet, but thought it might be worth having a look to see if anyone is gonna be around

Stay safe x

Hey man :smile: I'm currently living in Beaumont and thought you would like to know due to its size Block 6 is one of the more sociable blocks. You will love it :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
Sweet man. Thanks. Yeah really looking foreword to the social side of uni. Just wondering if I can find some people in my block before I go. A lot of mates at uni did the same before they went. Quick question I block 6 in flats??
Sweet man. Thanks. Yeah really looking foreword to the social side of uni. Just wondering if I can find some people in my block before I go. A lot of mates at uni did the same before they went. Quick question I block 6 in flats??

I found a few people and it did make it easier. No. It is literally a long corridor with 20 people downstairs and 20 people upstairs. Which is a great set up because there is always somebody around.
Reply 43
Ah sweet yeah looking foreword to it so much. I guess I will have to wait till results day till I can find more people in the block. Most people probs won't be on a gap year.
Reply 44
No, i have deferred entry, im on a gap year :smile:

Ah wondered why you already had a room allocated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
easy boys an girls, im gonna be in beaumont hall starting in 2013, just got my room confirmed, gonna be in Block 6 Ground Floor Corridor 22 Room 21B, anyone else in the same block or anything? know its early days, and some people havnt got Leicester as their firm yet, but thought it might be worth having a look to see if anyone is gonna be around

Stay safe x

I'm in beaumont too :smile: block 1 though so not block 6! I'm trying to find people as well, but thinking I'm going to have to wait till results day really!
Reply 46
Original post by graceeliza
I'm in beaumont too :smile: block 1 though so not block 6! I'm trying to find people as well, but thinking I'm going to have to wait till results day really!

What room type have you chosen? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Hart1995
What room type have you chosen? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose standard ensuite catered :smile:
Reply 48
I chose standard ensuite catered :smile:

That's what I have chose so hopefully I might be in block 1 also! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
That's what I have chose so hopefully I might be in block 1 also! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah that'd be good :smile: will you have to wait till results day to find out what you've been given?
Reply 50
ah that'd be good :smile: will you have to wait till results day to find out what you've been given?

Yeah which is a bit annoying :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Yeah which is a bit annoying :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is but I guess now you can just forget about it and wait and see what happens :smile: what will you be studying?
Reply 52
yeah it is but I guess now you can just forget about it and wait and see what happens :smile: what will you be studying?

Chemistry with forensic science, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Chemistry with forensic science, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow that sounds good :smile: i'm doing psychology with sociology
Reply 54

Alot of people respond like that to the 'forensic' bit haha, ooh I do sociology now at A Level and find it so hard remembering all the content! I considered it but I don't think I could cope with it at Uni level :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hunter_scfc
Yeah i am fresher in Beaumont currently :smile:. Don't worry about it, happy to help, feel free to ask :smile:

Hey, I have a question for you :smile: I am thinking about putting Leicester as my insurance... are there a lot of people on the Oadby student village that put Leicester as their insurance but still got accommodation in Oadby?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 56
Alot of people respond like that to the 'forensic' bit haha, ooh I do sociology now at A Level and find it so hard remembering all the content! I considered it but I don't think I could cope with it at Uni level :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it sounds really interesting :smile: ahh I see. I've never done sociology before but did psychology at A Level and really enjoyed it! I can't wait to start now!!

Hey :smile:

I've firmed for Sociology.

Not booked accommodation yet though.
Original post by lucyh120895
Hey, I have a question for you :smile: I am thinking about putting Leicester as my insurance... are there a lot of people on the Oadby student village that put Leicester as their insurance but still got accommodation in Oadby?? Thanks :smile:

Yeah i know people who have got into the student village with Leicester originally their insurance, no problem. Sometimes though you might end up with a more expensive room than originally planned as everyone else has picked the cheaper ones.If you applied early after results day though you should be okay :smile:
Original post by Hunter_scfc
Yeah i know people who have got into the student village with Leicester originally their insurance, no problem. Sometimes though you might end up with a more expensive room than originally planned as everyone else has picked the cheaper ones.If you applied early after results day though you should be okay :smile:

Thanks for the answer that will definately help me to decide on my firm and insurance choices :smile: Are there a lot of people who are in the student village but put leicester as their insurance? or only a few? - is it very common?? Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending