The Student Room Group

Girls boxing, your views

Scroll to see replies

People should do what makes them happy, if you want to do it, do it (obviously in this context). I'm all for girls boxing, competing etc, i'm all for anyone doing any sport/activity they like regardless of sex, orientation, race etc, it's their life.

edit: I mean, who cares if they don't look attractive? Maybe the purpose of them doing that sport was to make themselves happy/fitter etc, rather than please others:dontknow:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Owen Roberts
No, it's just that the sight of people beating each other to a pulp and covered in blood is not attractive, male or female. As a boxer myself, I feel that women shouldn't be allowed to participate in a sport so violent for many reasons such as the smaller, weaker (for the majority, as a general trend) nature of women and the danger that it poses as a sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good one. :rolleyes:

what club do you box at?
It is dangerous as well as unattractive. There is a reason women used to stay in the home and look after children, and that is because they are genetically unsuited to physically confrontation. Dont get me wrong, I am not advocating women stay home in this day and age but boxing is a sport females are genetically not built for and to compete under the banner of equality and pseudo feminism is not only dangerous but foolish. That is the reason why fighting women such as the Amazons or Boudiccea are so remarkable, it goes against the natural way of things.
Oh, you're a troll.
Reply 24
My uninformed prejudice tells me this:

Don't punch a woman in the boobies.
Don't punch a woman in the stomach.
Don't punch a woman in the face.

Doesn't really leave a lot of places for women boxers to punch each other.

Anyway. I think boxing promotion and boxing management and boxing broadcasting should be banned as basically it's just encouraging violence. If people want to punch each other in car parks then fine. But society shouldn't encourage it on TV. So there!!!

Girls mudwrestling on the other hand...
No, i merely have an opinion differing from your own. That women are smaller and weaker in general is a biological fact. And I box independently, while I train around South Manchester at Jimmy Egans, Royal Oak BC and St Johns ABC

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not against women boxing at all. I couldn't care less if it were for competition or for exercise, I say go for it!
Half the guys in my boxing group won't fight me, but they just know I'd floor 'em :wink:

Really though, it's a male dominated sport. Any woman who tries to break through in it will probably face some discrimination, the best way to prove them wrong is to outfight them :smile:
Reply 28
So women are weaker, doesn't mean its more dangerous because they fight other women. if anything its safer than men doing it because women, being slightly weaker will do less damage to each other!

And if they do fight men in the same weight class or whatever, if they can get through the qualifiers they have pretty much proven they are as strong as the men they are competing against...

But of course, its not 'attractive'. Women only exist to be attractive, they can't possible be allowed to do something that isn't!
(edited 11 years ago)
As long as there's no laundry to be done, they can do what they please, IMO.
Reply 30
Why would you voluntarily want to ruin your face though?
It dangerous due to the fact that women haven't evolved for fighting. This means lower bone density, thinner skulls, more compact bodies. This leads to an increased risk of brain damage and internal haemorraghing as women's organs are naturally protected by less muscle to shield them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
As long as there's no laundry to be done, they can do what they please, IMO.

Oh wow that is original.
Reply 33
Original post by TheGoonerGirl
So what if it's unfeminine? I love Muay Thai and judo. They both bring excitement into my life as well of knowledge of how to defend myself if someone tries to attack me. Same for Owen Roberts.

Don't take it too personally, I probably should have said I don't mind if they compete or whatever, it's just a bit off putting for me. Like I said it's a weird thing for me.
Original post by danny111
Why would you voluntarily want to ruin your face though?

Amateur boxing is unlikely to cause any lasting facial damage especially for women
Reply 35
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Amateur boxing is unlikely to cause any lasting facial damage especially for women

Being repeatedly hit on the nose won't affect how they look?
Reply 36
Original post by Owen Roberts
No, i merely have an opinion differing from your own. That women are smaller and weaker in general is a biological fact. And I box independently, while I train around South Manchester at Jimmy Egans, Royal Oak BC and St Johns ABC

Posted from TSR Mobile

women become the target of male dominance who are physically stronger or due to the biological facts you've mentioned

therefore we need self-defense methods to protect ourselves in such situations....I'm sure most women would rather be safe than attractive (or both)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by danny111
Being repeatedly hit on the nose won't affect how they look?

not really no. Most of the guys I know that box you wouldn't know from seeing their face, and guys get hit a lot harder than girls do. Broken noses are pretty rare
Do what you want. Screw what every one says!
That's due to men having wider, higher cheek bones providing extra support. Plus the fact mens skin is 25% thicker than womens adding yet more protection

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest