The Student Room Group

Girls boxing, your views

Scroll to see replies

Are you a women that has resigned herself to the fact that things such as rape are going to happen? Surely it is better to stop people raping than kicking the crap out of them when they do. And even if the women does box, there are very few women (even boxing ones) who could stave of a genuine attack even from an average built guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Arturo Bandini
not really no. Most of the guys I know that box you wouldn't know from seeing their face, and guys get hit a lot harder than girls do. Broken noses are pretty rare

I don't know man.
Original post by Ice Constricter
I want to box a woman :smile:

Wrestling one is much more fun :biggrin:

To answer the question, yeah I'm all for women's boxing, don't see why they should be allowed to train/spar/compete/do anything boxing related as long as they choose to do so.
Reply 43
Original post by Owen Roberts
Are you a women that has resigned herself to the fact that things such as rape are going to happen? Surely it is better to stop people raping than kicking the crap out of them when they do. And even if the women does box, there are very few women (even boxing ones) who could stave of a genuine attack even from an average built guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if that is for me because you didn't quote so..i guess I can still share my thoughts though....

well Rape DOES happen and what's the harm in equipping youself for the worst case scenario

if such an event is to occur (hopefully never) I'd rather kick the crap out of them

I learnt to box when I was 16, I'm no pro though...the most amazing thing about boxing which i experienced is that physical strength is a only a factor dependant upon how quick and sly your moves are...(fortunately Im both :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Women doing boxing is like a monkey on a skateboard... amusing for us, pointless for them
Original post by Owen Roberts
At the risk of sounding chauvanistic (which im not), i dont personally think women should compete. If for fitness then sure go for it, but there is something really unattractive (in my view) about women throwing punches :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intimidated?
At the end of the day, I think it should be up to the person in question.
If they want to box for fitness then that's fine, or if they want to compete then that's fine too.
It's just mixed fights that I don't agree with as it's unfair for obvious reasons...
not really no. Most of the guys I know that box you wouldn't know from seeing their face, and guys get hit a lot harder than girls do. Broken noses are pretty rare

Really? :confused:
I would have thought that a broken nose would have been a pretty common injury in even amateur boxing, as it doesn't take much force to break someone's nose. Unless they wear those head guards with the nose bar/protection?
Original post by Solid.Snake
Really? :confused:
I would have thought that a broken nose would have been a pretty common injury in even amateur boxing, as it doesn't take much force to break someone's nose. Unless they wear those head guards with the nose bar/protection?

Noses don't break easily when the other person is wearing 10oz gloves (and 14-16 outside of actual bouts) trust me
Noses don't break easily when the other person is wearing 10oz gloves (and 14-16 outside of actual bouts) trust me

Ah fair enough, i'll take your word for it! :smile:
Reply 50
Some of you are suggesting that women aren't physically built for boxing, but is anyone. Yeah men have more muscle but you only get that trough training and even though males do have more muscle, women have an extra layer of adipose tissue (fat) which will provide more protection. With training women will also build muscle as well as different techniques that will help them to defend them selfs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if such an event is to occur (hopefully never) I'd rather kick the crap out of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely you realise that you matching a man physically is not going to happen, even with your training
Original post by Lorna17
Some of you are suggesting that women aren't physically built for boxing, but is anyone. Yeah men have more muscle but you only get that trough training and even though males do have more muscle, women have an extra layer of adipose tissue (fat) which will provide more protection. With training women will also build muscle as well as different techniques that will help them to defend them selfs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) men are built for fighting, that has been their primary role for most of human history. Hence, men are bigger, stronger, faster and more aggressive.
2) if you look at my first comment you will see i said women should train all they like but shouldnt box competitively. So learn how to defend yourself but dont beat up ither women in the ring
Original post by Lorna17
So what do you guys think about girls boxing? should they just do it for fitness or should they compete?

i really like watching two women topless boxing matches online only
Original post by Lorna17
So what do you guys think about girls boxing? should they just do it for fitness or should they compete?

Both and as they please. Boxing is not a men's sport. People with this view have an outdated thought for this sport and don't know how good women at boxing could be.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest