The Student Room Group

Broken up with boyfriend but a two week holiday booked - what to do?!

Hello,

My boyfriend of 5 years and I have just recently broken up. We are still talking, and pretty close, I mean it was a long relationship. We have a holiday booked to Thailand for 2 weeks in June however. What do you suggest I do about this? I am still really wanting to go... like I have been majorly excited over the past few months. I even asked a friend if she would come instead (the only one likely to come with) but she can't as she goes away on the last two days that we'd be away for.

Do you think it would be acceptable to still go away with him? I mean we could go as friends right? One of my friends said he finds it a bit weird.

What are your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you want to go and think that you'd still enjoy it with him, go! Why the hell not?
Reply 2
Original post by Lelcats
If you want to go and think that you'd still enjoy it with him, go! Why the hell not?

Thank you! This is how I feel. However, people saying to me: "Oh but won't it be really awkward" is really putting me off!

I don't think it'd be awkward at all if we are friends and yeah, you're right, I would still enjoy it. Who wouldn't? It's Thailand!
Reply 3
Just go. You've known each other for 5 years and are still on good terms, I wouldn't recommend it usually but to miss out on a holiday like that would be unfortunate.
Reply 4
Take me =)
Reply 5
Just remember there's a difference between talking and spending two weeks with that person.
(edited 11 years ago)
What does he think about still going? Surely you should decide between you whether you still want to do it.
Reply 7
Yeah you could go as friends, then you end up in some sort of perilous situation in Thailand which draws you together and in the end you re-discover your love for one another, it's made into a film called "The Holiday", critics say it's highly predictable (still a better love story than twilight) but it grosses well enough that everyone does well out of it.
Reply 8
Original post by joey11223
Yeah you could go as friends, then you end up in some sort of perilous situation in Thailand which draws you together and in the end you re-discover your love for one another, it's made into a film called "The Holiday", critics say it's highly predictable (still a better love story than twilight) but it grosses well enough that everyone does well out of it.

:lol: Classic.

I would say just go with him, OP. It would be a shame to miss out and if you're still on good terms hopefully it won't be too awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just go!
Reply 10
I bet you come back as a couple
Reply 11
I'd go for it if you're still on good terms, I'm assuming you can't get the money back so you've not really got anything to lose by going. I'd probably email the hotel and ask for two single beds though if you were going to be sharing a double.
You will come back as a couple, including 5 year warranty
Reply 13
Provided you can cope with him and the ladyboys you should go.
Original post by Rakas21
Provided you can cope with him and the ladyboys you should go.

Did you just watch the syndicate?
Original post by LadyJazzles
Hello,

My boyfriend of 5 years and I have just recently broken up. We are still talking, and pretty close, I mean it was a long relationship. We have a holiday booked to Thailand for 2 weeks in June however. What do you suggest I do about this? I am still really wanting to go... like I have been majorly excited over the past few months. I even asked a friend if she would come instead (the only one likely to come with) but she can't as she goes away on the last two days that we'd be away for.

Do you think it would be acceptable to still go away with him? I mean we could go as friends right? One of my friends said he finds it a bit weird.

What are your opinions?

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago. I don't particularly want to divulge in it in public so PM if you want any of my advice.
Reply 16
Original post by jackf1337
Did you just watch the syndicate?

Never seen it.
Original post by LadyJazzles
Thank you! This is how I feel. However, people saying to me: "Oh but won't it be really awkward" is really putting me off!

I don't think it'd be awkward at all if we are friends and yeah, you're right, I would still enjoy it. Who wouldn't? It's Thailand!

Go, go, go! You'll both regret missing the opportunity if you don't go. A trip together is fine so long as you're not on bad terms.
Don't take other people's negativity on board. The fact is that if you two still have a functioning friendship, there's nothing awkward about travelling together.

:biggrin: Have an awesome trip!
Original post by Rakas21
Never seen it.

It's a weird ITV drama (watched it with my parents).

Anywho, this guy buys a Thai bride and it had male genitals XD
Reply 19
Original post by jackf1337
It's a weird ITV drama (watched it with my parents).

Anywho, this guy buys a Thai bride and it had male genitals XD

I'll make sure to buy mine from China instead. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending