The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by AmyAquarius
Ladies, I would like to introduce you to... the Mooncup!
No wrappers. No crinkling. But possibly gross for you if you're extremely squeamish. Google away!

Tried that... It must have unfolded too early because I could feel it! Tried putting it in about 20 times but could always feel part of the cup. Gave up in the end, but ill give it another go next time seeing as it would cut out a big expense at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaisha
Tried that... It must have unfolded too early because I could feel it! Tried putting it in about 20 times but could always feel part of the cup. Gave up in the end, but ill give it another go next time seeing as it would cut out a big expense at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take the stem off? You are meant to trim/remove it. I took the stem off mine completely. If not then I wonder why you could feel it... maybe I just have a dodgy vagina :confused:
Reply 522
Did you take the stem off? You are meant to trim/remove it. I took the stem off mine completely. If not then I wonder why you could feel it... maybe I just have a dodgy vagina :confused:

Not yet, but it was definitely the bottom of the cup I was feeling rather than just the stem. Ill probably do that before next time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. Made of silicone so doesn't really get dirty as such as it's easy to wipe clean.

Takes like a one period to get used to, I will admit, but then it's easy.

Not sure how you have managed to avoid tampons:eek: They are evil though.

Ah wow that's actually very good! Cost affective too!

I had an, ahem, phobia of them haha. Always used to wear pads.

I'm on the implant now though and I've been period-free for 5 months :ahee:
Reply 524
Yeah. Made of silicone so doesn't really get dirty as such as it's easy to wipe clean.

Takes like a one period to get used to, I will admit, but then it's easy.

Not sure how you have managed to avoid tampons:eek: They are evil though.

Googled it, got so far as reading this review which made me laugh. I'm either incredibly tired so it seems more funny than it really is but the images it created in my head are priceless.

"I love it, my partner loves it, and my friends have all rushed out to buy their own. Nothing could have changed my life more in such a profound way than this simple but amazing little device! Only problem is taking it out for sexytime with my partner, which cannot be done with gay abandon like with a tampon, as the result would be walls, floors and ceilings splashed with blood."

So what if you have to clean it in a public place?... Do you just casually wander over and rinse your bodily fluids down the sink or something? To be fair I haven't read how it works so I could be way out but... looovely! :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBitchOf96
Can you explain to me what you do at urinals... like, do you just whip your d*cks out in front of everyone? Is this normal? Do you watch eachother? Your species is confusing...

Personally I like to walk into the toilets, stand in the center and announce my arrival before warning everyone that the release of the one eyed trouser snake is imminent. I give everyone enough time to evacuate the area before releasing the beast.

At first its hard to contain, hoping to get fresh air after being stuck inside trousers and underwear for hours. After a few seconds though I manage to get a grip on him I start swinging him round in a circular motion in an attempt to confuse and contain him.

Finally after swinging it round enough I brace myself, in order to prevent splash back I have to stand about 2 meters from the urinal, once I've lined myself up I let the power hose of love do the work. Once finished I manage to wrestle him back into his cave that is my underwear.

Once complete I stand there, hands on hips, admiring my work. I look around and the other guys are staring out of the corner of their eyes trying not to make it obvious but I know, I know that they're mirin my heat seaking moisture missile. I turn, wash my hands and then exit the building.

That's it really
Original post by whitesky
Googled it, got so far as reading this review which made me laugh. I'm either incredibly tired so it seems more funny than it really is but the images it created in my head are priceless.

"I love it, my partner loves it, and my friends have all rushed out to buy their own. Nothing could have changed my life more in such a profound way than this simple but amazing little device! Only problem is taking it out for sexytime with my partner, which cannot be done with gay abandon like with a tampon, as the result would be walls, floors and ceilings splashed with blood."

So what if you have to clean it in a public place?... Do you just casually wander over and rinse your bodily fluids down the sink or something? To be fair I haven't read how it works so I could be way out but... looovely! :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

'gay abandon'?!?! Really?! That is NOT how I would describe removing something from downstairs lmao.

I love it when people are overly enthusiastic about products :rolleyes:

You just empty into the loo and wipe with a bit of tissue. Clean it properly once you're home. To be fair I never have to empty mine at work and I work 9-5:30. It holds enough to get me through the work-day.
Original post by Rybee
If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

This is true for primary and secondary school. It is not true beyond those years.

In order to exert your Alpha status you must walk in loudly but nonchalantly, and boldly take either urinal 2 or 4 while casually looking directly at persons 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 depending on which urinal you choose. Most importantly, when washing your hands you should stare at those either side of you by using the mirror in front of you.

Remember:

The process of avoiding direct eye contact, known as averting gaze, will show the aggressive canine that you mean to avoid a fight. In wolves, a submissive wolf regularly averts gaze when a dominant wolf attempts a dominant display toward them. During drastic submissive displays, the submissive wolf will even open their eyes wide when averting gaze, thus showing the whites of their eyes. This behavior is thought to be the most dramatic of submissive eye postures.

Another behavior to avoid with unknown canines, especially wolves, is the fixed (aggressive) stare directly into their eyes. Such a stare is a blatant challenge of that canine's rank and social status. If performed toward a dominant wolf, a reciprocal challenge and fight is likely to ensue. High ranking wolves use this technique to assert their rank over submissive pack members or as a challenge to another trespassing wolf pack.
Reply 528
Original post by Nick1sHere
Personally I like to walk into the toilets, stand in the center and announce my arrival before warning everyone that the release of the one eyed trouser snake is imminent. I give everyone enough time to evacuate the area before releasing the beast.

At first its hard to contain, hoping to get fresh air after being stuck inside trousers and underwear for hours. After a few seconds though I manage to get a grip on him I start swinging him round in a circular motion in an attempt to confuse and contain him.

Finally after swinging it round enough I brace myself, in order to prevent splash back I have to stand about 2 meters from the urinal, once I've lined myself up I let the power hose of love do the work. Once finished I manage to wrestle him back into his cave that is my underwear.

Once complete I stand there, hands on hips, admiring my work. I look around and the other guys are staring out of the corner of their eyes trying not to make it obvious but I know, I know that they're mirin my heat seaking moisture missile. I turn, wash my hands and then exit the building.

That's it really

Lmfao made my day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 529
There are many things that girls do that I know guys will never understand, because I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT MYSELF. For example:

Just how disgusting girls' toilets can be. Unless you work as a cleaner or in a public space where cleaning/checking toilets is a responsibility for both genders, you will never know the horrors of the women's toilet. For example, for some reason unbeknown to me (as a girl), some women like to "hover" above the seat as if they are scared they are going to catch an STI from the toilet seat. This results in pee splashes everywhere. The solution that a lot of women find is to cover the seat with a layer of toilet paper before hovering to pee, you know, just to be doubly safe. This results in a load of pee stained toilet paper strewn everywhere because once it has dropped on the floor they can't be bothered to pick it up, and pee ends up on the seat anyway. Any paper that does make it into the bowl at the end usually results in a clogged toilet, rendering it unusable by any girl entering the toilet until it has been unclogged. If no cloggage has occurred, the next woman using the toilet will see the splashes on the seat and hover, and the cycle begins again.

All of this would be solved and none of this would happen if women just sat on the toilet in the first place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahthegemini
Yes...I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Having sex is different to knocking your vagina on a table corner :confused: I hope you realise that...

Are you seriously forgetting that it's common knowledge that men get excruciating pain from getting hit in the genitals? So yes, we have a very good idea, if not better, of what it feels like to get hit in the genitals.
Original post by alexs2602
Are you seriously forgetting that it's common knowledge that men get excruciating pain from getting hit in the genitals? So yes, we have a very good idea, if not better, of what it feels like to get hit in the genitals.

O_O All glory to the hypnotoad.

But you don't know what it's like to get hit in the vag do you? :tongue: Because you don't have one! I think that's what she was trying to say anyway... that most people don't know it is painful? But I don't reckon it's as painful for women... lol (putting this last sentence in to avoid getting attacked)
Original post by sarahthegemini
Yes...I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Having sex is different to knocking your vagina on a table corner :confused: I hope you realise that...

Imagine if sex was the same as knocking into a table. Resturaunts would be interesting. Ikea would be AMAZING.
Reply 534
But you don't know what it's like to get hit in the vag do you? :tongue: Because you don't have one! I think that's what she was trying to say anyway... that most people don't know it is painful? But I don't reckon it's as painful for women... lol (putting this last sentence in to avoid getting attacked)

Pretty sure that getting hit in the ladyparts is nothing as painful as I imagine a shot to the balls to be. For one, most of our sensitive bits are on the inside and unreachable by your average smack with a shoe/football/cricket bat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Pretty sure that getting hit in the ladyparts is nothing as painful as I imagine a shot to the balls to be. For one, most of our sensitive bits are on the inside and unreachable by your average smack with a shoe/football/cricket bat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I'm not disagreeing! :smile:
No, can't feel it (is that worrying? I don't think you're meant to feel it). Haven't bought tampons/pads in like a year and a half!

Sounds good but like. :colondollar: Are you never worried it'll like. tip over? :eek: I don't even know if that's possible.
Reply 537
558794_488247721230367_132720091_n.jpg

Does this help any girls? I personally find this more confusing.

I never said men don't feel pain, I was saying men don't understand that for women, despite not having a penis, getting hit is still painful :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HmMusic

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said one was worse than the other, I just said it's painful for a woman despite having no penis :rolleyes: It doesn't matter where our 'sensitive bits' are, it's stil ****ing painful. Christ :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest