The Student Room Group

A-level Human Biology

Hi, I'm teaching myself A level maths and physics atm and want to do human biology too. Has anyone got any recommendations for study material I can buy? I haven't decided which exam board I'll be going with, so I guess it depends on which has the best study material.

If anyone can throw me some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by jf1994
Hi, I'm teaching myself A level maths and physics atm and want to do human biology too. Has anyone got any recommendations for study material I can buy? I haven't decided which exam board I'll be going with, so I guess it depends on which has the best study material.

If anyone can throw me some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

Often depending on the exam board, there will be text books endorsed by the specific exam board containing all the content you'll need to know for the exam. I don't think I could recommend any text books which will cover all the exam boards, unless they're undergraduate level. I can link you to specific text books once you've chosen an exam board if you want?
Reply 2
Yeah, I guess you should tell us about your exam board. There used to be a book way back in 2008. It was named "Advanced Biology" by Taylor, Soper et al. The book was fantastic, it had a great deal of information. But I guess it might be obsolete now regarding further research. If you want it at undergraduate level, there are many books.
Reply 3
Original post by Eloades11
Often depending on the exam board, there will be text books endorsed by the specific exam board containing all the content you'll need to know for the exam. I don't think I could recommend any text books which will cover all the exam boards, unless they're undergraduate level. I can link you to specific text books once you've chosen an exam board if you want?

That would be great :smile:

Also, I'm having some difficulty finding a centre that will accept me for the controlled assessment. All the places I've found only hold the Biology one. Has anyone else had any luck finding somewhere to take the Human Biology workshop?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by jf1994
That would be great :smile:

Also, I'm having some difficulty finding a centre that will accept me for the controlled assessment. All the places I've found only hold the Biology one. Has anyone else had any luck finding somewhere to take the Human Biology workshop?

Thanks

Forgot to mention, I've chosen OCR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending