The Student Room Group

Given an informal warning by the police, worried!

Hi,

Just a question for anyone who can help me really!

Last night I was returning home from a football match late at night with my friends on a train full of football fans, the police were incredibly heavy handed and were really making everyone nervous!

As you can imagine everyone was having banter with each other and just having a laugh and the police asked to stop swearing in our conversation.

As I was walking to the toilet I bumped into the door near the police and said to myself 'oh *******s' quietly when i returned from the toilet the policeman took me aside and gave me and informal caution and took my name and address...

I feel incredibly nervous as I'm not the sort of person to get into trouble, the policeman said it was just an informal warning but i'm nervous and not at all proud of receiving it! Will I receive any correspondence? Or will this be nothing to worry about
Reply 1
Original post by SamGee
Hi,

Just a question for anyone who can help me really!

Last night I was returning home from a football match late at night with my friends on a train full of football fans, the police were incredibly heavy handed and were really making everyone nervous!

As you can imagine everyone was having banter with each other and just having a laugh and the police asked to stop swearing in our conversation.

As I was walking to the toilet I bumped into the door near the police and said to myself 'oh *******s' quietly when i returned from the toilet the policeman took me aside and gave me and informal caution and took my name and address...

I feel incredibly nervous as I'm not the sort of person to get into trouble, the policeman said it was just an informal warning but i'm nervous and not at all proud of receiving it! Will I receive any correspondence? Or will this be nothing to worry about

No, you won't receive any correspondence and I'm fairly sure that the details you gave won't stay on any long term record. I had my details taken when I was 17 when I was trying to sneak into a bar underage with some of my friends and nothing has ever come of it (I'm nearly 20 now). You've got nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
It's just that; an informal warning.

Man up :biggrin:
Reply 3
Why give them a real name and address? :biggrin:
You have nothing to worry about, but in terms of being "heavy-handed", there's a reason the policing presence is poured on when a football match is on.

Football fans march through stations, posturing and being aggressive, drinking and swearing and generally disrupting the peaceful travelling public. If they weren't so poorly behaved, the police wouldn't need to be like this.
Reply 5
It may be worth asking whether this will remain on your record. It may show up on an enhanced CRB check.
Chuck Norris does not fear the police.
Oh don't be so wet.
Reply 8
He was just trying to scare a little mouthy **** of a kid into showing some respect probably :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending