The Student Room Group

Did the hard part but still no solution?

Found solution.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Well that's a bit sloppy.

She won't text back unless you make the move.

If you are suppose to meet again, you well. This should teach you to number close girls probably. Not trying to be harsh but it makes life way simpler knowing their number. Then balls in your court.
Do you know the full names of anyone she might have on Facebook? If you do then search their friends lists for her first name and then work out if the ones that come up are her.
Did she look like she wanted your number or did you just force it upon her? Since you don't know her surname had you actually spoken to her before this encounter? If not would she have known you beforehand, or from her point of view was it just some creepy guy trying to talk to her?
Reply 3
Original post by reissekm
Hi

I approached this girl from my uni that I like/ would like to get to know and we got talking and I gave her my number. She told me she had Facebook but she only gave me her first name.

She hasn't text me and I've tried searching her on Facebook but to no avail.

As she hasn't text me do I take it she's not interested in me or even being friends :frown: and if so should I just forget about her or do I try talking to her again and see if I can get her Facebook/ her number/ as her on a date/become friends?

I was hoping she would at least text me her name so I could add her on Facebook but looks like I have to approach her again which should be easier this time.

I don't know any of her friends so I can't ask them for her surname.

Any suggestions on what I do, say to her? :s-smilie:

To be honest, I'd say she wasn't interested in you and doesn't want to meet with you again. Usually you'd get more success by asking her for her number rather than giving yours to him.

You're both in university, and she knows how Facebook works. It's near impossible to find someone just by knowing their first name - if she truly were interested then she would have given you her last name as well.

Also, her not texting back is a pretty bad sign, and shows she isn't that interested.

But the main thing is, did she seem really interested in you when you gave her your number?
Reply 4
Found solution.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
You approached her like a pussy. She's probably satisfied with the one she already has, so she decided not to contact you.

We've all been there, take it as a learning curve and move on. When me and the lads go out we eventually developed the rule of never asking for facebook/bb-pin/twitter etc unless we already got the number first.

When a girl's happy to GIVE you her numb, at least at that moment in time, you were interesting enough that she would risk not having the ability to just block and delete you.
Reply 6
Original post by Yawn11
You approached her like a pussy. She's probably satisfied with the one she already has, so she decided not to contact you.

We've all been there, take it as a learning curve and move on. When me and the lads go out we eventually developed the rule of never asking for facebook/bb-pin/twitter etc unless we already got the number first.

When a girl's happy to GIVE you her numb, at least at that moment in time, you were interesting enough that she would risk not having the ability to just block and delete you.

Thanks for the advice.
Reply 7
Are you sure you gave her the right number?
Just text her, in a non creepy way that could be either friends or relationship. Good luck :smile: To be fair I wouldn't chat to a stranger like that unless I was at least interested in making friends with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending