The Student Room Group

Need advice/help regarding adjustment for Political Economy

I've firmed my university place at Southampton but now I've decided that I want to stay in London (possibly King's or Queen Mary's) to study Political Economy. I'm wondering if I can apply to these universities through adjustment and if there are going to any vacancies (cos I'm not sure whether or not this course can be considered "competitive"... help anyone :confused:
Original post by eo2492
I've firmed my university place at Southampton but now I've decided that I want to stay in London (possibly King's or Queen Mary's) to study Political Economy. I'm wondering if I can apply to these universities through adjustment and if there are going to any vacancies (cos I'm not sure whether or not this course can be considered "competitive"... help anyone :confused:

You can only go through 'adjustment' if you exceed the grades you get for your offers. So if you're offered ABB, and you get AAA, you can go through adjustment.

If you miss your offer, you can go through Clearing, however the competitive courses won't be in it. Economics is a very popular course at the moment, and the combined course are pretty popular too. So, you would have to take a risk if it's something you really want to study.
Reply 2
Alright thank you, however, I'm currently doing the IB and in the course I want to do at King's or Queen Mary's requires 35 points (with 6, 6, 6 at HL for King's). I was wondering if I ended up with either 34 or 35 (with 665/655 at HL) would they not grant me a place given that they had spaces for the course due to me not meeting the requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending