The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumanSupremacist
What most of you compassionate beings don't seem to realise is that an attack like this is actually a *good* day in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and Somalia. :rolleyes:

^ all Muslim countries.
Islam is the religion of peace say whaaaaat!

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by anonymouse01
^ all Muslim countries.
Islam is the religion of peace say whaaaaat!

Posted from TSR iPad

19,000 Americans lost their lives developing nuclear weapons during the Cold War. Land of freedom say whaaaaat!

Do you want to keep playing this game or shall we dispense with the silly finger pointing?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
April 15th: Titanic sunk
April 15th: Hillsborough Disaster
April 15th: Boston Explosion

:frown:

Thoughts and condolences with those affected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

April 15th: My younger sister's birthday!

She hates having all these disasters associated with her date of birth, especially since my parents once made a "joke" about her being another of those disasters. :frown:
Reply 523
FBI apparently found a suspect on CCTV.
Original post by snowyowl
April 15th: My younger sister's birthday!

She hates having all these disasters associated with her date of birth, especially since my parents once made a "joke" about her being another of those disasters. :frown:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Your parents sound cool.
Original post by 419
FBI apparently found a suspect on CCTV.

Press briefing scheduled for 10PM BST
Original post by taidoan
This guy?

Does look very similar, but let's not get carried away given that certain bags are popular and this is a very populous event!
Reply 528
Original post by taidoan
This guy?

Why don't you leave it for the authorities to do their jobs before indulging in what could turn out to be false accusation.
CNN saying they got video footage from a store across the street and some other footage. 1 male, brown skin (lol).

Pretty impressive how quickly they have moved forward with this.
Reply 530
Original post by 419
Why don't you leave it for the authorities to do their jobs before indulging in what could turn out to be false accusation.

He didn't accuse him. If you look at his post he said, "This guy?" Notice there's a '?' there so he's just questioning whether it was him or not; he's not accusing him.
Original post by doggyfizzel

Especially given the amount of footage and evidence they will have to sift through. I can imagine that they will want to look at as much footage of the marathon and the vicinity of the explosions as possible, and there must have been hundreds of people filming the occasion, plus countless bystanders and witnesses. Most of it will be no doubt useless.
Reply 532
Original post by qasidb
He didn't accuse him. If you look at his post he said, "This guy?" Notice there's a '?' there so he's just questioning whether it was him or not; he's not accusing him.

You don't need to accuse him initially before it gets lost in translation and the wrong guy gets accussed of something he didn't commit. Given the way social media works. Look at how quickly CNN ended up accussing the wrong brother for the Newtown shooting.

Oh btw, you could really do with an english lesson before educating. I didn't accuse him of accussing him just warned him against indulging in conjecture. Try again babes.
Reply 533
CNN saying they got video footage from a store across the street and some other footage. 1 male, brown skin (lol).

CNN? Probably false.
Original post by 419
CNN? Probably false.
Tbh, its one of the better US news sources. CNBC are reporting the same, I'd imagine much like football rumours they are all working off the same source.

Now some guys has just said, they are looking for someone but haven't yet found the guy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 536
Tbh, its one of the better US news sources. CNBC are reporting the same, I'd imagine much like football rumours they are all working off the same source.

Now some guys has just said, they are looking for someone but haven't yet found the guy.

Just shows how terrible new reporting in US is. Sad state of affairs.

FBI says they haven't.
(edited 11 years ago)
Standard twitter stuff.

All news outlets want to be the first to get the news out, so they rush some false info, it gets retweeted and it begins.
Reply 538
AP are also reporting that an arrest has been made. But according to the guardian (quoting an FBI spokesman), CBS and NBC no arrest has been made.

I'll go with no arrest so far.

Edit: And now CNN have retracted their arrest story. RIP CNN as a credible new organisation. Enjoy been held in the same esteem as FOX news.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 419
AP are also reporting that an arrest has been made. But according to the guardian (quoting an FBI spokesman), CBS and NBC no arrest has been made.

I'll go with no arrest so far.

Edit: And now CNN have retracted their arrest story. RIP CNN as a credible new organisation. Enjoy been held in the same esteem as FOX news.

No, they're just reporting what they hear from credible sources - it was the source that was confused apparently.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending