The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Definitely not cause, not even a close correlation. I can't think of an example where fashion corresponds to intelligence (except maybe being dressed as a doctor... They have to be intelligent). You can't judge a girls personality and intelligence at the mall just from seeing that she has a short skirt. If you do, I wish you the very best of luck (and hope your bruises heal quickly).
Reply 21
Original post by RedArrow
I blame autocorrect

Edit: focusing on my typo rather than the matter at hand is gay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Using gay as an insult is kind of homophobic. Just thought I'd mention that. Also, if you don't want people criticizing your spelling errors then don't make them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by String.
rachel_riley_countdown_24_9_09_short_tight_dress__DkjGXn0.sized.jpg

Argument invalid.

*Opens Private Browsing*
ESP if they are in a mall or in the metro.

Tell I'm right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come to my uni and find out that's certainly not the case
Reply 24
Original post by myah_94
Do you watch countdown?:smile:

Yeahh :smile: I'm more of a numbers guy than a words man! haha
Original post by String.

Argument invalid.

I love Rachel Riley so much :love:
*pokes with stick* Back to the bridge from whence you came, troll!!
Reply 27
Original post by azg545
Using gay as an insult is kind of homophobic. Just thought I'd mention that. Also, if you don't want people criticizing your spelling errors then don't make them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not uncommon unfortunately, I don't know whether its still the same, but when I was at school (only left a few years ago) hearing the word 'gay' as an insult was normal and I do hear it from time to time in various places as well. Bit of a problem imo if society wants to properly stamp out homophobia.

Though I realise that's a topic for another day and back on topic, the theory's nonsense /thread
Original post by Anime Lover
Btw if you want to create a thread about intelligence, spell "wear" correctly :tongue:

Was on the verge of pointing that out as well :biggrin:
ESP if they are in a mall or in the metro.

Tell I'm right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 5 foot 9. Please, go ahead and find me a skirt on the high street that isn't 'short'.

Also you can't spell.
Original post by Hunarench95
Was on the verge of pointing that out as well :biggrin:

I couldn't resist, I'm such a grammar Nazi :tongue:
Reply 31
Okay:confused:
Reply 32
Original post by Olie
Not uncommon unfortunately, I don't know whether its still the same, but when I was at school (only left a few years ago) hearing the word 'gay' as an insult was normal and I do hear it from time to time in various places as well. Bit of a problem imo if society wants to properly stamp out homophobia.

Though I realise that's a topic for another day and back on topic, the theory's nonsense /thread

Back when I used to go to school in London (yr7-yr8, I moved school after that) I heard it very often. It was much too common, back then I was ignorant and occasionally used it myself if I'm honest. Of course I've learnt since then but like you said that's a topic for another time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by String.

Argument invalid.

Okay some user was SENSIBLE enough to let me know who that is and what she accomplished...

Anyways notice my OP " ESP in malls...." That pic was more of an occasion (or sort) so it's out of my theory's scope. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I like to think that I'm intelligent, and I wear short skirts sometimes :frown: Btw if you want to create a thread about intelligence, spell "wear" correctly :tongue:

You stole my response :unimpressed:

...your second point, not your first :erm: I don't wear skirts.
It's "wear" not "were" OP...
But to the point, it's not fair on judging peoples intelligence by the clothes they choose to wear.
Original post by Artymess
You stole my response :unimpressed:

...your second point, not your first :erm: I don't wear skirts.

Aww I'm sorry XD Lol that's a relief considering you're a guy... Not that I have anything against people that are into that thing...
Reply 37
Not true at all!
albert-einstein-wearing-womens-shoes.jpg
Reply 38
Aww I'm sorry XD Lol that's a relief considering you're a guy... Not that I have anything against people that are into that thing...

You say that :sly: I feel very victimised right now :sad:

Nah it's cool :cute: gave you some +reps, great minds and all that
Original post by Artymess
You say that :sly: I feel very victimised right now :sad:

Nah it's cool :cute: gave you some +reps, great minds and all that

:eek: I think the Internet is the only place I can get described as having "victimised" someone... I always get mistaken for a 12 year old >.<

Ooh thank you, I will return the favour! I guess the +reps will compensate for how many negs I've got in the past week :tongue:

Latest