The Student Room Group

Results day tomorrow! How well do people think they did in their maths GCSE?

I took the higher tier maths gcse in march 2013 and I just saw the grade boundaries which have gone up considerably :frown:. I don't think I did that well in my exam and I made quite a few silly mistakes so I'm hoping for an A but I'll likely get a B. I'm so scared for the results tomorrow, my parents will kill me if I get anything less than an A and I was predicted to get an A*. How well does everyone else think they did?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
where is the mark scheme please? I did the foundation paper and im hoping or a C! FINGERS CROSSED! Hope you got the grades you wanted also, Good luck!
Reply 2
OMG! 147 marks for a C in the foundation paper. Why has it gone so high this year ?! The first paper was really hard... well...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by RosieMid
where is the mark scheme please? I did the foundation paper and im hoping or a C! FINGERS CROSSED! Hope you got the grades you wanted also, Good luck!

Mr M posted the mark schemes a month ago, here you go:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2272649
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2275763

Thanks and I hope you get the grade you want aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
what were the grade boundaries? looking at past tests, i think it will be 69 for an A*
Reply 5
Original post by Ravem
OMG! 147 marks for a C in the foundation paper. Why has it gone so high this year ?! The first paper was really hard... well...

The grade boundaries are like 10 percents higher than the November exam, apparently everyone found the exam really easy but I thought it was hard :frown: I need 136 marks for an A but I reckon I got less, hopefully we'll both get the grade we want :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hope I get a B, we didn't even do unit 3 because we were doing linear paper, lucky to get a B
Reply 7
Original post by JPL9457
what were the grade boundaries? looking at past tests, i think it will be 69 for an A*

Mr M has posted the grade boundaries and they've gone up this year:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2323168

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by hafsa998
Mr M has posted the grade boundaries and they've gone up this year:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2323168

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot, but i did the modular unit 3 test, sorry is should have said, so does anyone know the unit 3 modular grade boundaries, is 69 an A*
Original post by JPL9457
thanks a lot, but i did the modular unit 3 test, sorry is should have said, so does anyone know the unit 3 modular grade boundaries, is 69 an A*

Page 9 of this document:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/1303%20GCSE%20Grade%20Boundary%20composite.pdf
Reply 10

thank you so so much, do you happen to know the ums marks for raw marks, besides just grade boundaries
Original post by JPL9457
thank you so so much, do you happen to know the ums marks for raw marks, besides just grade boundaries

Your teacher has this information. It isn't published anyway where I can link to it.
Reply 12
thanks anyways, sorry to ask again, but do you happen to know a link to the mark scheme as i cannot seem to find it
Original post by JPL9457
thanks anyways, sorry to ask again, but do you happen to know a link to the mark scheme as i cannot seem to find it

Again, you need to ask your own teacher as it is password protected.
Reply 14
I had high hopes to be honest, but now I see 99 for a B ..freaked me out completely.
I have my GCSE maths but wanted to improve:/
Its the governments fault,they keep complaining the exams are too easy,yeah sure they would pass it like that:/
personally I think they gone too far
The November grade boundaries for the past 3 years have always been lower than the march/June ones for some weird reason - don't know whether they make the papers hard/semi-hard purposefully on November rounds.
Original post by cleveradam
The November grade boundaries for the past 3 years have always been lower than the march/June ones for some weird reason - don't know whether they make the papers hard/semi-hard purposefully on November rounds.

Boundaries depend on the calibre of the cohort sitting the exams. The cohorts are not the same as different times of the year.
If I don't get an A* my head of maths will actually kill me since He agreed to enter me 2 years early...
So I better get an A*!
Reply 18
Original post by Midori222
If I don't get an A* my head of maths will actually kill me since He agreed to enter me 2 years early...
So I better get an A*!

you should get an A* for yourself, not in fear of the head of maths possibly punching you in the throat :cool:
TO EVERYONE RECEIVING THEIR MATHS RESULTS TOMORROW:

REMEMBER:

Have faith and believe that you have already succeeded as the Bible says 'Put your faith in no man, but in the Lord'.

In other words, believe in God that you have got that grade and for that it was for his grace and your strong faith!!

So JUST BELIEVE!
PEACE AND LOVE!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending