The Student Room Group

What would be the best unis I could apply to with these grades?

Hey guys :smile:

I'm doing AS right now and my school don't do predictions so I've no clue about what I'm in for! I do English Lit, French, History and Psychology.

I got 8A*s and 2As at GCSE (As were in Biology and Maths) and, predicting my own AS grades, if I get AABB (hopefully might even do better but say if that's what I get), what would be the best unis to apply to where I have a realistic chance?

I want to do English Lit at uni but I'm feeling very worried that one of those Bs might be in English! :eek: Also, what would be the unis if I could get an A in English?

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by brightnails
Hey guys :smile:

I'm doing AS right now and my school don't do predictions so I've no clue about what I'm in for! I do English Lit, French, History and Psychology.

I got 8A*s and 2As at GCSE (As were in Biology and Maths) and, predicting my own AS grades, if I get AABB (hopefully might even do better but say if that's what I get), what would be the best unis to apply to where I have a realistic chance?

I want to do English Lit at uni but I'm feeling very worried that one of those Bs might be in English! :eek: Also, what would be the unis if I could get an A in English?

Thanks!

Anywhere you want, but it's possible you may want to do re-sits to get an A in english :smile:.
Have a look at www.whatuni.com

Enter English as a subject and then on the next page, enter your likely A level grades. This will give you a long list of likely Unis. Then check on individual Uni websites for their exact subject/grade requirements and for what 'extras' any Unis offer with 'English' like optional 'other language' courses, Year Abroad etc. Read the course descriptions to get a feel of what hte differences in the courses are. Dont forget to also look at joint subject degrees and some more unusual subjects like American Literature/Studies etc.

PS. Its always worth going to some Open Days even in Year 11. It gives you an idea of what 'going to Uni' might be like and can give you an important 'I want that' boost to push on with A levels. It doesnt have to be at a Uni you think you might go to - any local ones will do. There will be Open Days coming up this term - Year 11s are always welcome at them. Look on the Uni's website for dates/details or this gives you an overall calendar http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/calendar.php?c=1
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending