The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

So basically I'm in a really confusing situation with a guy at my college. I liked him for a few months and finally got the confidence to admit it to him on the last day before the holidays, and he looked quite happy when I told him and I noticed that he'd been online on facebook (not at the same time as me though or I would've talked to him) three days in a row after I told him when he normally hardly ever logs on, which I thought meant he wanted to talk to me.

But now we're back at college after the easter holidays and he's literally avoiding me, like I've been trying to make eye contact with him so I could smile at him or say hi or something, but he won't even look at me. Before it wasn't like he was staring at me or anything, but I would look at him a lot and sometimes he would look back and we would make eye contact and I'd smile or whatever, but now nothing.

If he hadn't looked happy when I said I liked him and he hadn't been on facebook (I've seen no evidence that he's been on there since) then I'd just think he wasn't interested and I'd forget about him and get over it. But he did. This guy definitely isn't shy or quiet, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have much experience with girls.

So yeah, what does everyone think? Does he like me? What should I do? I don't want to talk to him if there's a chance he doesn't like me because I think I'll seem really desperate and too keen.
Reply 1
The only person who can answer that question is him. Just ask him if he likes you back! Sorted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by TheBitchOf96
he's literally avoiding me

This guy definitely isn't shy or quiet

He doesn't like you.
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
Just ask him. You have nothing to lose really, if he doesn't like you then move on. If he does like you - awesome! :ahee:
Reply 5
Original post by Jodielol
The only person who can answer that question is him. Just ask him if he likes you back! Sorted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by eliza.anne
Just ask him. You have nothing to lose really, if he doesn't like you then move on. If he does like you - awesome! :ahee:

I guess I should, I just don't want to ask him if he doesn't like me in case he thinks I'm obsessive or something.
Reply 6
I guess I should, I just don't want to ask him if he doesn't like me in case he thinks I'm obsessive or something.

Nah, it's not like he's told you how he feels about you yet. If he says he doesn't like you then just drop the subject after this and don't ask again. If you asked after he told you he wasn't interested then THAT would be obsessive.
Sorry hun but it's fairly certain he's not interested. If he were he would have responded as such rather than just 'looked happy'. He probably doesn't have that sort of thing happen to him every day - maybe that was the first time something of the sort had happened to him. He's avoiding you now because he doesn't know how to deal with it. Don't let that phase you. Also you are reading too much into the Facebook incident. There could be many reasons why he was online more often that usual - if he even was. And wouldn't he have spoken to you if you were his motivation to log in to chat?
Truth is, we don't know.

If he's avoiding you then take that as a reason to get over him. There's really no need for a relationship these days, they're just really pointless, well while you're in college anyway.

If there was an amazing reason which GARUNTEEEEEED me excellent grades and a golden ticket to Harvard, I'd be riding that horse like there is no tomorrow. Gangnam style.

But there isn't

And I'm not

So.

Yep.

I don't know why I'm anon, maybe case I'm afraid of being seen to like Gangnam style?
Reply 9
I would also advocate asking him up front. Keep being nice to him as guys don't like mean girls, and then ask him what the deal is. I agree that you have nothing to lose. Life is too short to be waiting and assuming and overanalyzing. Get it over with :smile:

Yeah don't wait for him if you want something then ask him yourself, least if he says yes or no, either way you will at least know. If he don't give a clear answer then just leave him to it.
Reply 11
UPDATE: I had 2 classes with him today, and I managed to make eye contact with him a few times. Every time this happened he looked away quickly, like too quick for it to be him just glancing around the room. Also I think I might have caught him looking at me once, but I'm not sure.
I found something out about him today. According to one of my friends (who I consider to be a reliable source) she heard him telling someone who asked that he's never been kissed, which means I'm right about him not having any experience with girls.
Reply 12
Bump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending