The Student Room Group

Should I pick A Level English combined or not?

Hey there, I am not sure whether to pick A level english or not. I like English, and I would really like an A at As, so I was just wondering how are you assesed and it it hard. Also at Gcse I got a B for language and still need to do the final Lit exam. Predicted an B/A, just depend on how well I do ibn the exam.
Reply 1
Original post by Well Well....
Hey there, I am not sure whether to pick A level english or not. I like English, and I would really like an A at As, so I was just wondering how are you assesed and it it hard. Also at Gcse I got a B for language and still need to do the final Lit exam. Predicted an B/A, just depend on how well I do ibn the exam.

I would recommend that you just do English Literature at A level if you have the choice. The reason being that (be it right or wrong) a lot of Universities see English Language as a less desirable or "softer" A Level.
Reply 2
Original post by Llewellyn
I would recommend that you just do English Literature at A level if you have the choice. The reason being that (be it right or wrong) a lot of Universities see English Language as a less desirable or "softer" A Level.

Ok thanks, and our school does offer Lit on its own, also if you have done enlgish could you tell me how you are assesed please?
Reply 3
I would say that English Literature would be ideal to choose as part of your A levels. I'm saying this because, as far as I'm concerned, the most popular Russell universities will take on board this particular subject, and other subjects such as Maths and Sciences too. You will not only be satisfied with A level English Literature, but however it can actually get you into top universities, though that will determine whether you can achieve AAB or AAA in A level English Literature.
Reply 4
Original post by Well Well....
Ok thanks, and our school does offer Lit on its own, also if you have done enlgish could you tell me how you are assesed please?

Why do you waste time asking questions?
Just search it up on the internet

Quick Reply

Latest