The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
Surely you jest?! That's crazy! 40 exams! How many GCSE's are you doing?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had English Language
Chemistry 1a b 2 3 (plus 2 and 3 resits)
Biology 1 2
Physics 1 2
Chemistry ISA (plus resit)
Biology ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
Physics ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
History B 1
Geography 1 + resit, 2 and 3
IT 1

Actually that's 26....
Original post by Jina
Ahh :/ That's better i guess, i always had 4-5 exams every January and July. You get it all at once - bit more pressure though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know right already getting the stress got exams coming up in may and june...
Original post by Jina
Haha i totally understand! We had 3 history controlled assessment and in one of them, (supposedly the easiest one) i couldn't understand it. The day before my teacher was like "jina, this is the easiest one!", i sat there clueless And i cried all the way home. -_- suckerrrr. Lol

Oh my. Everyone's doing STEM subjects.... :/ i'm going down the arts/humanities route.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yes: And I can't concentrate on boring subject.FRENCH for example, that's the sh.. I don't like!

As long as you enjoy the subjects you're doing, you should be able to do fairly well in them :smile: Best of luck!
Original post by Bluffroom
I've had 22 exams so far and I have like 18 more :cry2:

OMG thats a lot...
so emotional i've got loads of exams too :frown:
Reply 4384

I have had English Language
Chemistry 1a b 2 3 (plus 2 and 3 resits)
Biology 1 2
Physics 1 2
Chemistry ISA (plus resit)
Biology ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
Physics ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
History B 1
Geography 1 + resit, 2 and 3
IT 1

Actually that's 26....

Bless you! You've done so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What exams do everyone have this summer?
I have:

Maths (Linear) 1 + 2
Biology 3
English Lit 1
English Lit 2
English Lang resit (fml)
French 1
French 2
History 2
Physics 1 resit
Physics 2 resit
Physics 3
Spanish 1
Spanish 2
Geography A4
RS
IT 3

Actually 17 more. Ugh.

Original post by Jina
Bless you! You've done so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :sad:
Reply 4386
Original post by Elm Tree
:yes: And I can't concentrate on boring subject.FRENCH for example, that's the sh.. I don't like!

As long as you enjoy the subjects you're doing, you should be able to do fairly well in them :smile: Best of luck!

Haha I used to like French, but opted for Spanish as although it was boring, its easy!

Haha thank you :smile: you too elm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4387
Original post by techno836
............. more like one month of turning up to school longer than everyone else :L

omg this! I have to stay at school for another 3 weeks because of the stats exam! At least I have 2 weeks straight for stats revision lol
Reply 4388
What exams do everyone have this summer?
I have:

Maths (Linear) 1 + 2
Biology 3
English Lit 1
English Lit 2
English Lang resit (fml)
French 1
French 2
History 2
Physics 1 resit
Physics 2 resit
Physics 3
Spanish 1
Spanish 2
Geography A4
RS
IT 3

Actually 17 more. Ugh.

I know :sad:

Aww... I'm sorry but I LOL'd at the (fml) next to english language! Hahahah

I have RS, Spanish, English lit 1&2, sociology, music, history, bio unit 7, chemistry unit 7, physics unit 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Armani786
OMG thats a lot...
so emotional i've got loads of exams too :frown:

To add insult to injury:

I have done 45hrs of IT controlled conditions since yr 10
Lord of the Flies coursework
Austen/Shakespeare Coursework
Drama task
Desert Island Disks tast
About 6 million other writtens for english
5 writings for Spanish
4 speakings for Spanish
4 writings for French
3 Speakings for French (another next week or so too :sigh:)
(for the language ones regardless of how you did you had to do all at my school)
1 massive geography coursework
2 history courseworks
So overall a hell of a lot.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4390
i know right already getting the stress got exams coming up in may and june...

Ahh. Let me tell you, don't stress! I was in a BAD place in January... Honestly, I was so broken and depressed, but I came through and passed the damn exams! Just adopt an attitude of positivity, that yes exams suck, but you'll suck it up and do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Aww... I'm sorry but I LOL'd at the (fml) next to english language! Hahahah

I have RS, Spanish, English lit 1&2, sociology, music, history, bio unit 7, chemistry unit 7, physics unit 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's a resit of an exam I shouldn't even have to resit - the government suck so much - a 15 grade boundary mark-up is ridiculous! (for a 120 mark paper) and it's 2 1/4 hours long!

That's hardly any!
Reply 4392
How seriously does your school deal with controlled assessment? We aren't allowed to take it outside school and meant to do it in 'controlled conditions' but for every bit of coursework for every subject I have done most or all of it at home apart from english
Reply 4393
My exams,

English Lang (If I resit)
English Lit 1 (If I resit)
English Lit 2
French Speaking
French Listening
Geography - Key Geographical Themes
Business Studies 2 (Bullsh*t)
Food Technology
Statistics (Would get to leave 3 weeks earlier if it wasn't on the 24th june :l)
Reply 4394
Well it's a resit of an exam I shouldn't even have to resit - the government suck so much - a 15 grade boundary mark-up is ridiculous! (for a 120 mark paper) and it's 2 1/4 hours long!

That's hardly any!

Urghh... I had a period when I was literally hating on OCR, Michael Gove and David Cameron. You'll be fine, just think of next years year 11's who have to sit all their history (and maybe other) modules right at the end of year 11. :/ Oh i had a 2 1/4 hour exam too, AQA?

Haha compared to you guys its hardly any! I've been fortunate enough to not have to do any re-sits. But theres people at my school with 6 or 8 exams altogether and they're top students. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4395
Original post by gomg
How seriously does your school deal with controlled assessment? We aren't allowed to take it outside school and meant to do it in 'controlled conditions' but for every bit of coursework for every subject I have done most or all of it at home apart from english

I'll pretend i didn't read that. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To add insult to injury:

I have done 45hrs of IT controlled conditions since yr 10
Lord of the Flies coursework
Austen/Shakespeare Coursework
Drama task
Desert Island Disks tast
About 6 million other writtens for english
5 writings for Spanish
4 speakings for Spanish
4 writings for French
3 Speakings for French (another next week or so too :sigh:)
(for the language ones regardless of how you did you had to do all at my school)
So overall a hell of a lot.

OMG :eek:
that is alot and its totally like me for english!
these exams are just too much
WOW i've literally lost count of how many courseworks, controlled assesments and exams i've had cause its just too many...:frown:
Original post by gomg

Geography/Classics/English - strict
ICT - lenient

Don't do coursework in any other subject

USING THE TSR APP
Original post by Jina
Urghh... I had a period when I was literally hating on OCR, Michael Gove and David Cameron. You'll be fine, just think of next years year 11's who have to sit all their history (and maybe other) modules right at the end of year 11. :/ Oh i had a 2 1/4 hour exam too, AQA?

Haha compared to you guys its hardly any! I've been fortunate enough to not have to do any re-sits. But theres people at my school with 6 or 8 exams altogether and they're top students. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was AQA - what did you get?
I don't even think that having to sit them at the end of the year is that bad, history is easy - and for AQA they don't as the current year 11s here they are doing their first one in May.
OMG :eek:
that is alot and its totally like me for english!
these exams are just too much
WOW i've literally lost count of how many courseworks, controlled assesments and exams i've had cause its just too many...:frown:

If you check my coursework list I have added more. I forgot some.
It's ridiculous.
Original post by Jina
Ahh. Let me tell you, don't stress! I was in a BAD place in January... Honestly, I was so broken and depressed, but I came through and passed the damn exams! Just adopt an attitude of positivity, that yes exams suck, but you'll suck it up and do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm feeling depressed right know...no joke
yeah i guess somehow if i just turn my mood into a good mood then i probz can pull it through :wink:
Well sone for passing your exams! :smile:

Latest