The Student Room Group

Britain gets tough of Terror? London Stock Exchange bomber refused sentence cut. GOOD

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/member-cardiff-terror-cell-fails-2635478

A member of a Cardiff terror cell which plotted a "Mumbai-style” assault and a bomb attack on the London Stock Exchange has failed in his attempt to have his sentence reduced.

In February last year Omar Sharif Latif, of Neville Street, was jailed for 10 years and four months, with another five years on extended licence, for his part in the al Qaeda-inspired plot.

The fundamentalists wanted to send five mail bombs to various targets, including the Stock Exchange and pubs used by British racists, over the 2010 Christmas period.

A hand-written target list found at one of the defendants’ homes listed the names and addresses of London Mayor Boris Johnson, two rabbis, the American Embassy and the Stock Exchange.

Between them, the cell possessed almost every famous jihadi publication, including copies of Inspire, an English-language internet magazine produced by Yemen-based extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki’s group Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Miah were bugged claiming that fewer than 100,000 Jews died in the Holocaust and talking about how Hitler “had been on the same side as the Muslims” because he understood that “the Jews were dangerous”.

Good. It's about time we started treating criminals as criminals. Will we see a change now? will we have tougher laws on these animals who wish to kill innocent people because they may be Jewish or kuffars?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry, but why is a man like that even in this country? Deportation should be the punishment. Not propping him up with government finances.
Reply 2
Original post by uktotalgamer
I'm sorry, but why is a man like that even in this country? Deportation should be the punishment. Not propping him up with government finances.

well if he is born here then he is British
Original post by GPODT

So. He doesn't deserve to be in this country. Why we are hoarding criminals like this is beyond me, not to mention that despite all he's said and done he'll get out back into society anyway.

inb4some liberal dogooder negs me...
Reply 4
So. He doesn't deserve to be in this country. Why we are hoarding criminals like this is beyond me, not to mention that despite all he's said and done he'll get out back into society anyway.

Where do you suggest we deport him to? HE's Britain's problem..
Reply 5

That's to gentle, anyway, where would we deport him to? He's British.

LOL, if a non-UK citizen such as Abu Qatada is having such grave problems with being deported, what makes you think a British citizen would get deported? :lol:

Although I do definitely agree with you - criminals such as these people are a terrible threat to our society. :yes:
(edited 11 years ago)
He needs a shave, or a mustache comb, his beard looks scruffy.
Original post by GPODT

So British he trys to blow his own country up and when has Islam been native to the UK? Anything Islamic is foreign. Not English.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by slickrick666999
So British he trys to blow his own country up and when has Islam been native to the UK?

Islam or muslims has/have been native in the UK since the 19th century.

Anything Islamic is foreign. Not English.
It's nice to see what you really think of muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
So British he trys to blow his own country up and when has Islam been native to the UK? Anything Islamic is foreign. Not English.

Would you say the same if this was a right-wing White Christian? After all Christianity is also a Middle Eastern religion..
We need to hang him!
Original post by GPODT
Would you say the same if this was a right-wing White Christian? After all Christianity is also a Middle Eastern religion..

Christianity did not harm the UK or transform it. Islam is not just beliefs but has more culture and is also political.

And i haven't seen Right-wing Christians attempting to blow up Westeners before. But either way, if this guy had an Italian name and italian pare ts, noody would call him English either. This man doesn't see himself as English..clearly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Christianity did not harm the UK or transform it. Islam is not just beliefs but has more culture and is also political.

And i haven't seen Right-wing Christians attempting to blow up Westeners before. But either way, if this guy had an Italian name and italian pare ts, noody would call him English either. This man doesn't see himself as English..clearly.

Timothy Mcveigh... Also no-one said he is English; there is a difference between that and British you know.

What religion exactly is native to the uk? Before christianity there were the druids which still exist so do they have more right to claim the uk than christians?

Also "not english", the uk is made up of 4 nations not 1!
Im glad they are getting tough on people like this, they don't deserve sympathy, for they were going to feel none when carrying out their racially provoked attacks.

That being said, saying he should be deported is stupid if he was born in this country. If he was not born here, and is an immigrant then yes, deport him. If hes born here then he is a british citizen same as us, and should be put in jail (as he is).

Where on earth would you even deport him to?

Terrorists are so stupid anyway. I don't get the whole 'Im going to blow up 1237128378127 people and go to paradise'. How brainwashed do you have to be to be that thick :/
Original post by 3 Phase Duck
What religion exactly is native to the uk? Before christianity there were the druids which still exist so do they have more right to claim the uk than christians?

Also "not english", the uk is made up of 4 nations not 1!

It's certainly not a religion which originates from 7th Century Arabia.
This isn't about rights either. You attempting to have an argument woth somebody who claims a fact that Islam is not British proves the warped, cynacism of many liberals.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's certainly not a religion which originates from 7th Century Arabia.
This isn't about rights either. You attempting to have an argument woth somebody who claims a fact that Islam is not British proves the warped, cynacism of many liberals.

As pointed out, Christianity isn't british either.............

He, the person in question, is british. Whether he practices islam or some form of voodoo religion from mars is beside the point, his nationality is british and we have to deal with him.

However to entertain your notion, what difference would it make if he plotted terror in the name of islam, christianity or scientology? Would it be more acceptable if he were christian?
Original post by 3 Phase Duck
As pointed out, Christianity isn't british either.............

He, the person in question, is british. Whether he practices islam or some form of voodoo religion from mars is beside the point, his nationality is british and we have to deal with him.

However to entertain your notion, what difference would it make if he plotted terror in the name of islam, christianity or scientology? Would it be more acceptable if he were christian?

Christianity is the dominant religion of Europe and has been for YEARS. Christianity was brought back to us by Europeans, not forced onto us by Semetic Jews.

The difference is that you do not see terrorism in the name of Christianity because Christnaity is not pursuing itself worldwide, nor does Christianity advocate violence. So it is relevent to what occuring throughout the world.

His nationality is British in the invented form of Britishness. Which is a mockery invented by Multiculturalists.
(edited 11 years ago)
"Omar Sharif Latif, of Neville Street, was jailed for 10 years and four months, with another five years on extended licence" - this is appalling, at the bare minimum he should be serving life, MEANING life, although I would execute him, scum like that doesnt deserve to live...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending