The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

hi i have an interview for adult nursing in march is that what you had your interview for if possible could you tell me what the interview was like is it one to one or group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm studying Health & Social Care, English Language and Sociology
I'm applying for Early Childhood studies
Taking a gap year- so I'll be 19 when I start:smile:
No idea about accomodation though! X
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Studying Biology, Geography and Environmental Studies
I'm applying for Biomedical Science :smile:
I'll be 18 (almost 19)
Not sure about accommodation but near all saints campus I guess!
Reply 3
Studying - BTEC Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism
Applying - (BA Hons) Tourism Management
Age - I'll be 18 when i start
Accommodation - Definitely the halls for the first year, but not sure which!
Reply 4
Original post by KGW
Studying - BTEC Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism
Applying - (BA Hons) Tourism Management
Age - I'll be 18 when i start
Accommodation - Definitely the halls for the first year, but not sure which!

Original post by matmad94
Studying Biology, Geography and Environmental Studies
I'm applying for Biomedical Science :smile:
I'll be 18 (almost 19)
Not sure about accommodation but near all saints campus I guess!

Will say this for the benefit of you both. If you want to party hard for the first year, get in Cambridge halls. It's right next to AllSaints, you can go through AllSaints to JohnDalton and it's round the corner from G.Manson.

If you don't want to party, stay away from Cambridge.
Reply 5
Original post by Vindico
Will say this for the benefit of you both. If you want to party hard for the first year, get in Cambridge halls. It's right next to AllSaints, you can go through AllSaints to JohnDalton and it's round the corner from G.Manson.

If you don't want to party, stay away from Cambridge.

I love a good party, but not too sure if i'd want to be surrounded next to them everyday for a year.......then again i'm happy to go wherever i'll meet new friends and is nice to stay in.

Thanks for the heads up:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by KGW
I love a good party, but not too sure if i'd want to be surrounded next to them everyday for a year.......then again i'm happy to go wherever i'll meet new friends and is nice to stay in.

Thanks for the heads up:smile:

Well, Cambridge is unique in that it has 10 people per flat. IMO it's brilliant and easily the best choice for halls. There is 30 people on our floor alone, making new friends is a total breeze here, we'll all party with anyone we know. We've been here a month now, and most people do 2/3 nights out a week still. Weeknights are by far the best and cheapest, weekends are expensive and crowded.

Once work kicks in people do calm down, and everyone has different days off so typically small groups still go out together. Either way, consider this - people from other halls are trying to move into Cambridge because theirs are boring/quiet/half-empty. Think about what sort of experience you want for these 9 months.
Original post by Vindico
Well, Cambridge is unique in that it has 10 people per flat. IMO it's brilliant and easily the best choice for halls. There is 30 people on our floor alone, making new friends is a total breeze here, we'll all party with anyone we know. We've been here a month now, and most people do 2/3 nights out a week still. Weeknights are by far the best and cheapest, weekends are expensive and crowded.

Once work kicks in people do calm down, and everyone has different days off so typically small groups still go out together. Either way, consider this - people from other halls are trying to move into Cambridge because theirs are boring/quiet/half-empty. Think about what sort of experience you want for these 9 months.

I totally agree. I live in Cambridge North and although it is loud, especially at night, it's fine and only adds to the experience. We've been here a month now and I've met loads of people, got up to some crazy things and had some fantastic nights, especially weeknights.

I wouldn't want it another way.
Reply 8
Currently studying: Politics and Psychology A2
Applying for: Law at Leicester, Sheffield, UEA and NTU
How old will you be: 18
Accommodation: The cheapest en-suite room available in halls
Reply 9
Do Cambridgd Halls have en-suites? I hate sharing the bathroom
Original post by KGW
Do Cambridgd Halls have en-suites? I hate sharing the bathroom

One or two, but you don't get a choice about it. It's strange :confused:
As a general rule though, no.

It's not anywhere near as bad as people think sharing a bathroom - I've done it for 2 years and not had a single problem. Never had to wait for the shower either
Original post by Beatlemania
I totally agree. I live in Cambridge North and although it is loud, especially at night, it's fine and only adds to the experience. We've been here a month now and I've met loads of people, got up to some crazy things and had some fantastic nights, especially weeknights.

I wouldn't want it another way.

Agree. I love Cambridge halls!
I haven't always loved them, especially not when I've been woken up at 3am. But I am so glad I chose here!
Reply 12
I do like the look of Cambridge Halls and also Briarfields is it?

I've just had a look on a website 'Opal Student Accomodation' and they have some really nice places like Wilmslow Park, anybody know anything about their accomodation?
Anybody else out there applying for Salford 2013? :colone:
Reply 14
Yeah for Politics. :tongue:
Finally, someone! :biggrin: Have you already applied or still in the process?
Reply 16
Sent my application on the 3rd but I haven't heard a thing from them.. :confused:
Oh boy you're in the waiting game! Maybe they're not sending anything til after the deadline? I'm hoping to send off my application by the end of next week, will keep you posted. :cool:
Reply 18
Ugh, tell me about it! I'm so impatient.. :rolleyes: Good luck!
Reply 19
Yes, applying for Sept but hoping for May as there's one or two places left - mental health nursing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending