The Student Room Group

GCSE English language exam

How do I revise for my English language exam?
What is the best thing to do?
Help...:confused:
I don't :tongue:
It's more natural talent, and to some extent revising literature consists of revising a bit of language anyhow

To answer your question: I recommend you do past paper questions and get somebody to mark them

USING THE TSR APP
Reply 2
Original post by Olympiad
I don't :tongue:
It's more natural talent, and to some extent revising literature consists of revising a bit of language anyhow

To answer your question: I recommend you do past paper questions and get somebody to mark them

USING THE TSR APP

Natural talent??
Uh oh :s-smilie:

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Dr.Wannabe
Natural talent??
Uh oh :s-smilie:

Thanks. :smile:

Sorry, I shouldn't have been so abrupt there - I would say it is similar to art: you can either draw or you can't. However, with practise you can break that somewhat "barrier" and be good.

Go on dailymail and print out lots of articles, opinionated pieces, go on a blog, print some out and annotate the language they use and think of questions based on those pieces such as "what are the presentational devices?" "What are the language techniques?"
And write during your free time, about anything :smile:

USING THE TSR APP
Reply 4
Original post by Olympiad
Sorry, I shouldn't have been so abrupt there - I would say it is similar to art: you can either draw or you can't. However, with practise you can break that somewhat "barrier" and be good.

Go on dailymail and print out lots of articles, opinionated pieces, go on a blog, print some out and annotate the language they use and think of questions based on those pieces such as "what are the presentational devices?" "What are the language techniques?"
And write during your free time, about anything :smile:

USING THE TSR APP

I'll try that, thank you.
:biggrin:
Original post by Dr.Wannabe
I'll try that, thank you.
:biggrin:

Welcome :smile:
Feel free to PM me anytime if you need help or anything :smile:

USING THE TSR APP
Posted from TSR Mobile
You could get a whole bunch of magazine adverts and annotate them into oblivion, that's what I did.

Also, make up questions and answer them for the writing questions.

Reading section, you should be able.to find questions online.

Past papers are a great help too:yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending