The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
Hi up for revision on ehtnalpy and organic

ME :biggrin:

Define average bond enthlapy? (2)
Why is bond enthalpy always positive? (1)
Define Standard enthlapy change of reaction and state the standard (3)
How does a catalyst increase the rate of reaction? (3)
Define Hess's Law? (1)
Original post by TheFootyKing19
ME :biggrin:

Define average bond enthlapy? (2)
Why is bond enthalpy always positive? (1)
Define Standard enthlapy change of reaction and state the standard (3)
How does a catalyst increase the rate of reaction? (3)
Define Hess's Law? (1)

1) average bond enthalpy is the mean enthalpy change when 1 mole of homolytic fission is broken in a covalent substance to form 1 mole of gaseous ions under standard conditions.

2) because energy is absorbed more than released and breaking bonds is endothermic as energy is taken in , in order to break the bonds.

3) standard enthalpy change of reaction is the enthalpy change when a chemical reaction is expressed in molar quantities, also, reactant and product must be in the same standard state/condition which are 298 K(25 degresS) , 100KPa (1 atm pressure) and concentration of 1 mol dm-3.

4) catalyst increases a rate of reaction by providing an alternative pathway in lowering the activation energy. Ensure that molecules attain more kinetic energy before it reaches its activation energy and so reaction takes place faster and is normall distibuted in a boltzman distribution.

5)Hess law states that if a reaction can take place in more than 1 route and that the initial and final conditions are the same, the total enthalpy change for any route taken would be the same.
Anyone know how to tackle Infrared spectroscopy and mass spec long answer questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Anyone know how to tackle Infrared spectroscopy and mass spec long answer questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like to annotate my graphs :smile: this then helps structure your answer and get full marks :smile: hope that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked for the enthalpy change of combustion evaluative task?
Original post by Shiva...
Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked for the enthalpy change of combustion evaluative task?

I think it isn't allowed to say, am I right? :biggrin:
Original post by TheFootyKing19
I got BB both times. High B's though.

Full ums here i come...

I got mine. I got 13/15, 6/10 and 13/15 and so overall 32/40. B too :smile:
Original post by Freddy-Francis
I got mine. I got 13/15, 6/10 and 13/15 and so overall 32/40. B too :smile:

Mine currently stands at 9/10, 12/15, 7/15, so a C I think. Guess which one I'm retaking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Mine is currently 14/15 and 8/10 I think, and I still have the evaluative to do.
I have 14/15 (quantitative), 15/15 (evaluative) and 10/10 (qualitative). :tongue:
Well done on ISA results people!
I have my Qual F323 tomorrow! About reactions of Group 2 compounds!
Wish me luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by purplemind
I have 14/15 (quantitative), 15/15 (evaluative) and 10/10 (qualitative). :tongue:

Hi want to revise enthalpy and organic
Original post by CurtisDean
Well done on ISA results people!
I have my Qual F323 tomorrow! About reactions of Group 2 compounds!
Wish me luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Make sure you read all the questions properly and dont do what I did :frown: Good luck :smile:
Reply 153

Well done, that's awesome :smile:
Original post by Gotzz

Hi want to revise on enthalpy and organic
Original post by Gotzz

Thank you. :smile:
I think that would be enough but my teacher told me to have a second go at quantitative to see if I can get I more mark, but I won't be stressed about this anymore. :colondollar:
Reply 156
Thank you. :smile:
I think that would be enough but my teacher told me to have a second go at quantitative to see if I can get I more mark, but I won't be stressed about this anymore. :colondollar:

Haha it must be so nice to not have to stress about it anymore :smile: I also have 14/15 in the quantitative but will probably have another go because I think the rest of my class will :P
Original post by Gotzz
Haha it must be so nice to not have to stress about it anymore :smile: I also have 14/15 in the quantitative but will probably have another go because I think the rest of my class will :P

Was titration your first one? (I hate titrations. :biggrin:)
Reply 158
Was titration your first one? (I hate titrations. :biggrin:)

Haha yeah, I did titrations quite a long time ago and got 13/15 (lost both of the marks on the last question). And then I did the one on enthalpy changes :smile:
Original post by Gotzz
Haha yeah, I did titrations quite a long time ago and got 13/15 (lost both of the marks on the last question). And then I did the one on enthalpy changes :smile:

That's the one I'm going to do on Monday. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending