The Student Room Group

Are guys grossed out by periods?

If you were heavily making out with you girlfriend with her on top and she then said she couldn't go any further because she's on her period, would you be turned off/grossed out by that? Like, would you still want to keep kissing or would it kind of put you off? I get that "real men" or whatever won't care but I'm not looking for the real men to answer I'm looking for the average guys opinion
I'm 17, we've been official for about a month

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No? I have always been very open about that sort of thing with my girlfriends and have never been grossed out by it.
Reply 2
Yes, they think its gross haha.
They aren't usually put off kissing though, maybe sex (but not everyone is put off even then! :P)
Just tell him your 'Aunt Flow' is visiting and you don't want him meeting her yet :wink:
If you're just kissing how would it make a difference? :dontknow:

Tell your boyfriend to grow up lol.
Reply 4
Sorry for accidentally posting this thread twice, I needed to add something so I stopped the page from processing and I guess it posted the old one and the new one
Nah my bf doesn't care...we just go in the shower together :rolleyes:
I once asked my girlfriend to describe our sex life with a film.

Spoiler

Tell him to grow a pair -_-
He probably cares more about kissing you than your period. He may want a bj though
Looks like I will be having my first period sex tomorow (im a guy)

Wish me luck yall.

So in answer to your question, no, a 17 year old would not be grossed out to the point of not wanting to make out.
When my ex and I used to make out she used to warn me beforehand, it didn't put me off at all (we used to talk about stuff like that in conversation to make a joke out of it so it didn't seem really gross etc.).

Of course, she didn't feel comfortable about having sex when it was that time but there's nothing wrong with kissing in my opinion.
Reply 10
Ty for the replies guys! He hasn't actually said he would be grossed out, it's just that this is the first time it has come up. He usually rubs me down there over my jeans while we are making out, do you think I should tell him about my period before this happens or won't he mind seeing as its other clothing? Haha yeah, it is a good excuse for a be actually
Reply 11
*bj, damn auto correct ....
My boyfriend has always been less grossed out by periods than I have. If anything his reassurance has made me think of them in a more mature and less negative way. You shouldn't be ashamed of your period, even if you don't like it that much. Periods aren't dirty. If your boyfriend does have a problem, even if you can understand his view (as it's quite a popular one) don't let it get to you or embarass you.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
If you were heavily making out with you girlfriend with her on top and she then said she couldn't go any further because she's on her period, would you be turned off/grossed out by that? Like, would you still want to keep kissing or would it kind of put you off? I get that "real men" or whatever won't care but I'm not looking for the real men to answer I'm looking for the average guys opinion
I'm 17, we've been official for about a month

Nah, we don't really care. I've been with girls before who've started in the middle of sex - its really no big deal.
In my experience, a period doesn't deter a guy from doing anything he wants to do - and certainly kissing, which anatomically occurs far away from your menstruation, will not stop the average guy, nor the underaverage guy nor the real man.
Reply 15
When you have sex with someone on their period it is quite gross, especially when she doesn't tell you and you think you're dick is bleeding.
Reply 16
**** them if they don't
Your not a real man until you've got blood on your sword.
Reply 18
It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal tbh.
Blehhhhh, yes it grosses me out. Just say "it's my, y'know, time of the month..."- no details!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending