The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Desmond Tutu Scholarship applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by dreamawish
I'm afraid i also believe that all offers have been given out. We know that theres 7 eu/home ones and we know 3 people have gotten it, the other 4 may not even be on tsr/facebook grp. The end of the week thing... haha well *perhaps* there could be people who will reject the sholarship?

I'd like to say to our rejected friends here (partly to myself as well), that not getting the scholarship wont stop you from achieving stellar results in uni and going far in life. I sincerely hope that all rejected applicants like myself can put this behind us as an impetus to do even better in uni. Afterall, hey you got into one of the top schools in uk! :wink:

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", lets prove this theory right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your results! That's the next big headache :s-smilie:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by Shruti2
Good luck with your results! That's the next big headache :s-smilie:

I'm actually on deferred entry haha, all the best to you though! Will be seeing you there this september! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Shruti2
I absolutely detest the last phrase- 'provided grades are met' :angry:

I apologise for rousing such anger, it wasn't a prepared intention, I was merely voicing the concerns of many applicants entering higher education institutions in the forthcoming months - including myself. If I offended you then please, out of the kindness of your heart, grant me your pardon for causing such an evident indignation.
Reply 83
Original post by JoeWill
I apologise for rousing such anger, it wasn't a prepared intention, I was merely voicing the concerns of many applicants entering higher education institutions in the forthcoming months - including myself. If I offended you then please, out of the kindness of your heart, grant me your pardon for causing such an evident indignation.

Oh, Im sorry for making it sound like I'm very annoyed with your statement! I actually thought you presented a good argument! Your last line just reminded me that I still have to worry about my grades before daydreaming about King's!! :P
Reply 84
Original post by dreamawish
I'm actually on deferred entry haha, all the best to you though! Will be seeing you there this september! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lucky you!!!! Lets hope I can make it to king's!!
Hey guys! I'm thinking of applying for this scholarship and just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me how they started their essay/gathered ideas? (I've applied to study pharmacy). Any insights would be much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by StarryEyed4
Hey guys! I'm thinking of applying for this scholarship and just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me how they started their essay/gathered ideas? (I've applied to study pharmacy). Any insights would be much appreciated! :smile:

Hi, im also thinking of applying, just starting my essay now. i started it with why i chose kings if that helps at all. No idea what to write now tho... any ideas?
Reply 87
For the CV, do we have to structure it like a proper, formal CV? And do we include only our volunteering/service activities or can we include other extra curricular activities like MUN ?

Quick Reply

Latest