The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

**** sake that seemed like a good goal from the commentating but my stream froze :frown:
Moses has been dire.
Reply 942
Original post by The Assassin
**** sake that seemed like a good goal from the commentating but my stream froze :frown:

aha, yeh same here, during the replay.
Woot :biggrin:
Very professional job being done here.
Reply 945
Double double double, John Terry has won the double, and the **** from the lane have won **** all again, John Terry has won the double.
Original post by TheFlyinBallsack
u won't win, trust me. berbatov will punish

Lool what were you saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome. Good to see they were supporting Torres there. :smile:
Reply 948
Who needs a striker when you've got defenders?
John Terry Hat trick?
So we've still got Spurs, Manchester United, Liverpool, Swansea and Everton... **** sake. Only one I didn't mention there is Villa which hopefully shouldn't be a problem. But it's gonna be tough :\
Reply 951
Sweet goal by Luiz. Moses was absolutely awful tonight, I don't think he had a good cross at all. Wanted Torres to get the last goal but well done Terry
Rafa Benitez Logic - when you're winning 3-0, keep Mata on for 90 minutes and forget about an important away game at Anfield. Wow.
Original post by chigyy
Oh my god luiz!!! What a goal

Literally so sick! Dunno why he's not yet playing in midfield..
Original post by chigyy
aha, yeh same here, during the replay.

Was this the fox soccer one cos mine froze too :frown: but it's all good cos saw it after :smile: such an adrenaline rush!!
My stream also froze during Luiz's goal. Great win nonetheless. Liverpool on Sunday, I'd say we'll win that.
Reply 956
Torres has clearly been playing much better recently. Along with demba ba too. It seems like now our team are collectively pulling their weight the whole team play better in comparison to team mata and lampard in january while the rest of the team are 'tree trunks' I'm not too sure why we're clearly playing better than we were before. Is it just a march thing where after one result(united match) we become a different team or something?

How was terry today btw? I still think he's our best defender at organising the back 4 and still warrants an automatic starting place but as I only saw highlights I can't say anything for certain about his performance but he must have done well to get 2 goals and a clean sheet vs a team like fulham away.
Reply 957
Original post by The Assassin
We were planning to go for a guy named Dede, an ideal replacement for the ageing Terry, but he's apparently snubbed Chelsea and is going to join another club in Brazil (as Goal reports).

Don't need to replace terry yet. See barcelona on how they can keep class players starting for the team at an old age, abidal, puyol and xavi are prime examples while ferdinand isn't doing too badly either. Also don't see why we should get an unproven defender from brazil. While he's clearly a great signing on FM/fifa it's too risky having to rely on a defender outside europe who's not young having to adapt his game. At least if he got games for brazil and shone in the world cup I can warrant a reason getting him otherwise he could just turn out to be a massive flop. Would.not.buy :colonhash:

Plus we have more than enough CB's atm unless we're getting someone of the quality of dante/barzaghli/mascherano there is no need for a CB with the quality we have now. I think terry should start from now on as in the big games he can clearly provide when it matters, he was a man who would have taken no **** in that first half vs city and organised the back line better
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 958
Original post by Tweek
Essien/Ramires/McEachran are all CM's. Ramires was it his most effective last season on the right hand side of the middle 3, and Essien was equally adept there in our earlier seasons, although that was more fluctuating in between DM/CM.

Ilkay is actually a lot like Josh. He's a natural CM but can play either CDM/CAM. Now he's about as good as Meireles was for us, but obviously he's young and he'll improve. I'd love it if we bought him, partly because he's young and talented, also partly because I follow Dortmund closely and it'd be nice bring some a player from them here. I'm not sure if it'd be detrimental to Josh though with them being so similar. But I tell you a pivot pairing of either Romeu/Luiz/Gundogan would be pretty immense. Wouldn't just be one running forward (IE Mikel always back) they'd swap which would make it harder for the opposition to mark.

It's also a good deal. Dortmund aren't secure financially and they're looking to bring in another midfielder apparently (Kehl ageing) and they have Bittencourt and Leitner coming through in midfield. Could also use the money if they attempt to re-sign Sahin. Doubt the Chelsea board would attempt to bring him in though, although saying that we seem to be looking into the German league a lot more recently.

FM should be a requirement for Scouts/Coaches. They could learn a lot.

Any idea on leitner. Obviously when you have a 17/18 year old starting against a team like manchester city he's obviously a class act, he didn't seem special like gotze when he came in the scene but he held his own vs them and obviously jurgen klopp has faith in him.

Bittencourt I don't know anything about him though. I think dortmund have enough midfielders in the position they're really lacking backup wingers/striker so they don't have to put up with people like grobkeutz and scheiber in the first team. Seems to me that germany are racking up on the midfielders though. Defence is good and attack is good but central/attacking midfield is clearly where it's at for germany;s young crop. Ozil, kroos, muller, khedira, holtby, draxler, gundogan, bender twins damn they're looking good there. Sahin could have easily been playing for them too as a traitor.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Don't need to replace terry yet. See barcelona on how they can keep class players starting for the team at an old age, abidal, puyol and xavi are prime examples while ferdinand isn't doing too badly either. Also don't see why we should get an unproven defender from brazil. While he's clearly a great signing on FM/fifa it's too risky having to rely on a defender outside europe who's not young having to adapt his game. At least if he got games for brazil and shone in the world cup I can warrant a reason getting him otherwise he could just turn out to be a massive flop. Would.not.buy :colonhash:

Plus we have more than enough CB's atm unless we're getting someone of the quality of dante/barzaghli/mascherano there is no need for a CB with the quality we have now. I think terry should start from now on as in the big games he can clearly provide when it matters, he was a man who would have taken no **** in that first half vs city and organised the back line better

Lol, as you said, the main reason I was interested in him is because he's a beast on FIFA. I've seen him play sometimes though and he has had a few moments of brilliance but nothing too striking. Still, the purchase was only around 4m anyway so he'd be a lot cheaper than a lot of other CBs :x

I'm not sure why he wasn't placed/given a chance in the squad tbh -- I mean, Dante himself was only called up in February to play against England. It'd be good to have him/Mascherano but isn't Barzaghli around 32 now? Pretty sure the other 2 are a few years younger -- don't really want to buy another player who's basically the same age as Terry. Another possibility, though pretty unrealistic, is Varane -- and that could only happen if if Mourinho decides to come back to Chelsea.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest