The Student Room Group

Decline an offer that I have already accepted

Hey! I was wondering how can I decline an offer that I have already accepted. I've applied for my masters in 3 universities but I accepted the two of them because I wasn't quite sure which one to choose. After much thought and consideration, I decided which one I prefer the most.

Any suggestions on how can I decline the offer?
Shall I email the university's admission office and withdraw my offer?
Reply 1
Original post by Vassogeo
Hey! I was wondering how can I decline an offer that I have already accepted. I've applied for my masters in 3 universities but I accepted the two of them because I wasn't quite sure which one to choose. After much thought and consideration, I decided which one I prefer the most.

Any suggestions on how can I decline the offer?
Shall I email the university's admission office and withdraw my offer?

Yep. Just withdraw. Lie and say you made a mistake or tell the truth and say you were going to go for this but decided not to in the end.
Reply 2
Original post by ANARCHY__
Yep. Just withdraw. Lie and say you made a mistake or tell the truth and say you were going to go for this but decided not to in the end.

Thanks for your response.
I might say that I have got a difficulty paying the tuition fees. The fees are over 9000 so its a reasonable excuse.
Reply 3
Original post by Vassogeo
Thanks for your response.
I might say that I have got a difficulty paying the tuition fees. The fees are over 9000 so its a reasonable excuse.

No problem. Hope that works out for you.
Reply 4
You don't need an excuse. Just send an email saying you are no longer able to take up the offer (or if the uni has an online tracker you can usually withdraw through that).
People decline their masters all the time after accepting them. Sometimes because they didn't secure the funding they were hoping for. Sometimes something better comes along. Some master's even give you a deadline to accept the masters by. So people have to accept them or lose them before they may even hear back from other unis. You'll be one of many people who will be taking back their acceptance I'm sure.

I hope it's Surrey you've choosen by the way :P
Reply 6
Original post by Jonnyishman
People decline their masters all the time after accepting them. Sometimes because they didn't secure the funding they were hoping for. Sometimes something better comes along. Some master's even give you a deadline to accept the masters by. So people have to accept them or lose them before they may even hear back from other unis. You'll be one of many people who will be taking back their acceptance I'm sure.

I hope it's Surrey you've choosen by the way :P

Yes, it's Surrey! :smile:

All the universities that I've applied to gave me a deadline (about one month) so I had to accept all of them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending