The Student Room Group

Vocaroo your accent!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180

Perfect voice for the news.
Original post by rageagainstessays
Hahhahahaha, no not quite. I'm from sunny coventry :frown:

I was waaaayyyyy off, I didn't think you sounded anything like someone from coventry :tongue:
Original post by beccac94
I was waaaayyyyy off, I didn't think you sounded anything like someone from coventry :tongue:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Russian? I'll kick myself if it's Russian...although to me it didn't seem like Russian :/ too many "zh" sounds .. maybe I'm crazy and hearing things haha

Even closer :smile: In fact, there are a lot of "zh" sounds in Russian I suppose.
Original post by Sir Killalot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure some of you have heard of the 'Regional Dialect Meme' or 'Accent Tag'. You basically just have to read a list of words and see how everybody says them differently. Thought it could be interesting to give that a go too :smile:

The words are:
Aunt
Route
Wash
Oil
Theatre
Iron
Salmon
Caramel
Fire
Water
Sure
Data
Ruin
Crayon
Toilet
New Orleans
Pecan
Both
Again
Probably
Spitting image
Alabama
Lawyer
Coupon
Mayonnaise
Syrup
Pyjamas
Caught

Thought I'd give it a go: http://vocaroo.com/i/s04OnoUFaKrb :smile:
Original post by JerzyDudek
Even closer :smile: In fact, there are a lot of "zh" sounds in Russian I suppose.

Not quite as often as that though haha it was like zh zh zh zh zh :tongue: There is only Ж but when you were speaking it sounded like one big zzzhhh haha :biggrin:
I have no idea? Czechoslovakian? Random guess there haha
What alphabet do you use? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rageagainstessays
You are very scary- I didn't think I had a coventry accent :frown: :frown: I don't think I've ever been so depressed.

Are you from a nice part of Coventry (oxymoron lol?)? You started off sounding quite posh (not in a bad way :smile:) but when you said "I would guess I do" your Coventry accent really came out. Also the way you said 'Birmingham', "Birminghummm" gave it away :laugh:
Not quite as often as that though haha it was like zh zh zh zh zh :tongue: There is only Ж but when you were speaking it sounded like one big zzzhhh haha :biggrin:
I have no idea? Czechoslovakian? Random guess there haha
What alphabet do you use? :tongue:

Cyrillic so there is a Ж in it. Also I think Czech and Slovak languages are separate.

Edit: It has a lot of zh because of the word "life" in my language :smile: It's from The Martian Chronicles by the way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Cyrillic so there is a Ж in it. Also I think Czech and Slovak languages are separate.

Edit: It has a lot of zh because of the word "life" in my language :smile: It's from The Martian Chronicles by the way.

Ohhh that makes sense.
I love cyrillic it's so pretty hand written :smile:
Kazakh? I'm going to be here forever aren't I haha
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JbxfAekjG3 Here's mine - bit late to the party I suppose, but there you go!
A short reading from The Hobbit... http://vocaroo.com/i/s1DJ0yBX1Iu5

It's fantastic hearing everyones accents :biggrin: Great thread, OP.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ohhh that makes sense.
I love cyrillic it's so pretty hand written :smile:
Kazakh? I'm going to be here forever aren't I haha

Nope, I'm European :3
Nope, I'm European :3

Serbian?
I thought Kazahkstan was in the EU :colondollar: oops
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
A short reading from The Hobbit... http://vocaroo.com/i/s1DJ0yBX1Iu5

It's fantastic hearing everyones accents :biggrin: Great thread, OP.

Like this. You did a good job of that.

Very polite at the end too.
Serbian?
I thought Kazahkstan was in the EU :colondollar: oops

Not Serbian (and hint: not in the EU).
Original post by Wilfred Little
Like this. You did a good job of that.

Very polite at the end too.

Haha thanks. When I listen back to the clip myself, I sound really awkward reading from a book but I think that was because I was a bit nervous :P
Original post by Wilfred Little
Are you from a nice part of Coventry (oxymoron lol?)? You started off sounding quite posh (not in a bad way :smile:) but when you said "I would guess I do" your Coventry accent really came out. Also the way you said 'Birmingham', "Birminghummm" gave it away :laugh:

I'm probably going to University in Birmingham- I'm really gonna call my parents everyday so I don't pick up that accent haha.
The Cov accent is the lesser of two evils in my view.
Not Serbian (and hint: not in the EU).

Azerbaijan?
Reply 198
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fmYVEEbBD8
sorry for the voice tone, I was a bit embarassed haha and it's not my best accent really, but I'm interested what you'd say ;d
Azerbaijan?

Ohh, you were so close with Russian and now you are getting worse :P

Quick Reply

Latest