The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If it was a conspiracy they would tell PC Plod though.

besides the only people who believe this are extremist Muslims and their sympathisers.
Reply 41
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion that the US government had no motive to actively orchestrate a terror attack, but the claim that everything leaks these days is simply not true.

There are large numbers of government secrets that are perfectly safe because keeping them safe is a well-practiced, almost scientific process. Compartmentalisation and need-to-know is a very sound process. This is why you don't actually ever really see top secret material and information from black programs leaked into the public domain.

I meant a conspiracy of the level required of 9/11 would get leaked. Obviously not everything leaks, otherwise intelligence as a field would be nullified. As someone has said, even when clandestine operations have happened, the files have come out eventually after the event, as in the cases of operation Ajax and Northwoods.
Reply 42
Original post by anonymouspie227
Yeah, but there's a lot of stuff saying that the Facebook tribute page was created before the bombing (but, the page could have just been renamed) and that the police were telling people before the bombs went off to stay calm, etc? it doesn't mean I believe the theories, but it's interesting to see what people think.

You get the same sort of reports everytime an incident like this happens. It's the same stuff that happened with Sandy Hook. You get confused reports, added to traumatised people added to people looking for a conspiracy and hey presto, you've got a conspiracy theory.
Original post by rjm101
I believe it was, just look at the way the WTC building fell. Just totally random and it falls right within its foot print. Buildings dont collapse like that unless they were controlled demolitions. It's a bit of a joke really. What about the black smoke? and the multiple pop sounds that have been picked just before the towers fall and what about the steel core? Fire doesnt do jack to steel foundations and what about the news reports of one the buildings reported to have fallen but didnt actually fall yet? WTF. Then there are photos showing something mounted under the plane and the fact that it looked gray rather than an AA 747 and what about the time delay? If I remember correctly the second tower falls before the first. Plus plenty of other real interesting things I havent mentioned.

It's a long time since I last watched this but I found it very interesting at the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwayjX4ipFc

No, a regular fire wouldn't do much damage to the steel supports within the building, but burning jet fuel is a completely different story.
Original post by Stroma
Pro tip: when a big plane in a sky smashes into a building, the buildings don't tend to fall straight down.

They do when they have been specifically designed to fall straight down, because in 50-100 years time they will be demolished and they would prefer them not to collapse onto other buildings. :dunce:
Original post by officelinebacker
No, a regular fire wouldn't do much damage to the steel supports within the building, but burning jet fuel is a completely different story.

I don't believe in a controlled demolition, but how is burning jet fuel different? It's not an exceptionally hot-burning fuel. For example, candle flame is hotter. A smouldering cigarette is often hotter.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pete_Lawton
I meant a conspiracy of the level required of 9/11 would get leaked. Obviously not everything leaks, otherwise intelligence as a field would be nullified. As someone has said, even when clandestine operations have happened, the files have come out eventually after the event, as in the cases of operation Ajax and Northwoods.

Large amounts of top secret information from the 1950s is still top secret and hasn't leaked.
Reply 47
Original post by Algorithm69
Because there were no planes, dumbass. Days before the attack the government installed hologram projectors all over New York. That's what we saw. It was all an illusion.

Um My friends dad was actually on the plaine that went into the WTC. Stop with this crap.
Reply 48
I don't believe in a controlled demolition, but how is burning jet fuel different? It's not an exceptionally hot-burning fuel. For example, candle flame is hotter. A smouldering cigarette is often hotter.

At the temp the fires were burning the towers steel supports lose something like half of its load bearing strength if not more especially when you look at how long the fires were going for, one floor collapses on to another and then the next ect.
Reply 49
Original post by Hackett
Um My friends dad was actually on the plaine that went into the WTC. Stop with this crap.

He was joking you muppet.
Clearly it was these guys who did it:

Reply 51
Large amounts of top secret information from the 1950s is still top secret and hasn't leaked.

Do you have any evidence for that claim? Most of it would have been declassified by now.
There are many questions, but not many answers. I find it hard to believe Bin Laden was responsible - there's a strong case he died in 2001.
But I also find it hard to believe how such a cover-up could be maintained.

In the end, 3000 died in the attacks. MILLIONS died in the aftermath at the hands of the NATO. The West are the real terrorists - how can people not believe this simple fact?
Reply 53
Original post by anonymouspie227
Yeah, but there's a lot of stuff saying that the Facebook tribute page was created before the bombing (but, the page could have just been renamed) and that the police were telling people before the bombs went off to stay calm, etc? it doesn't mean I believe the theories, but it's interesting to see what people think.

See this is one of the problems I have with these conspiracy theories.

Why would they do that!

1) Why would the US government even make a facebook tribute page?
2) If they were going to (for whatever reason) Why make it before the bombings?

I mean, that's just idiotic.

Same thing with the intact passport for 9/11, I mean - If they were going to 'plant' it then they wouldn't make it look god-damn planted would they - they would probably put it in a convenient place in the rubble and have it all singed and battered...
Reply 54
Original post by The Socktor
One thing I never understood about the conspiracy theory is that why did the hyjackers get themselves killed for it? what's the point in taking part in a huge conspiracy if you wont even live to reap the benefits?

Well the same is true for suicide bombers. They do it because they are sacrificing themselves for their god/religion.
Reply 55
Original post by Pinkhead
He was joking you muppet.

Be fair, if you have lost someone you know in a tragedy then it's normal to be offended by jokes about it.
Reply 56
Original post by midnightice
I find it hard to believe Bin Laden was responsible - there's a strong case he died in 2001.

hmm no there isn't
Original post by Nobody12
Your views and conspiracies on this?

no it wasnt
Reply 58
Original post by fudgemuffins
9/11 is a myth, it didn't really happen.

This.
Original post by Algorithm69
Because there were no planes. Days before the attack the government installed hologram projectors all over New York. That's what we saw. It was all an illusion.

u need to see a doctor pal

Latest

Trending

Trending