The Student Room Group

Anyone from Northern Ireland going to University in England ???

Hi, am moving from northern Ireland to Cambridge in September for university.
Been looking into the cheapest way to get all my stuff over, found a man with a van who is willing to take me over by ferry with my stuff and said there is room for another person if they want to join in so its cheap for us both?
Reply 1
Hi there! I'm from NI too, and I go to Cambridge as well. I would seriously recommend uni baggage for sending your stuff. It's only £20 per 30kg box/case, and it's so simple and hassle free. I'd thought about a ferry too, but it works out way more expensive and much more hassle. Plus, don't forget you'll probably have to move most of your stuff out at the end of term anyway. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by camaieu
Hi there! I'm from NI too, and I go to Cambridge as well. I would seriously recommend uni baggage for sending your stuff. It's only £20 per 30kg box/case, and it's so simple and hassle free. I'd thought about a ferry too, but it works out way more expensive and much more hassle. Plus, don't forget you'll probably have to move most of your stuff out at the end of term anyway. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, no am hospital accommodation so don't need to move stuff out at end of term my room is booked for the whole year :smile:
with uni baggage how long does it take for your stuff to arrive is it on the date they say it will be ?
Reply 3
Original post by newbie101
hey, no am hospital accommodation so don't need to move stuff out at end of term my room is booked for the whole year :smile:
with uni baggage how long does it take for your stuff to arrive is it on the date they say it will be ?

It's 2 working days. They don't deliver or pick up on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm going back up to Cambridge tomorrow, so I arranged for my stuff to get picked up on Wednesday morning. You can book a collection slot the day before you want to send your stuff.

Any time I've used UniBaggage, my stuff has arrived on the date that they said it would. Once, one of my parcels was delayed by a day because there was a mixup at the sorting office, but the staff were so obliging and very easy to speak with :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending