The Student Room Group

Tattoo Bashing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NW86
Of course you wouldn't bitch about other peoples looks. You're a dwarf.

Still get more pussy than the seven kingdoms put together tho'. :sexface:
Reply 41
Original post by RedArrow
I'd never get a green piece of goo on my skin for a "memory" or any crap EXCUSE like that. If it means that much too me i have the mental capacity to contain it in my brain for the rest of my life.

So why the **** would one stain their skin?

Do ppl admit they forget "personal" events that are impt to them for the sake of a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile

The difference between tattooed people and non tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care if you have one or not.
I personally would never get a tattoo, mainly due to the fact that I'm too indecisive to choose something to be on my body forever. Nonetheless, I have nothing against people who do have tattoos, some can look really amazing. Although, I must say I do find it a bit odd how there seem to be so many people who get underage tattoos of botched flowers and such as just for the sake of having a tattoo :K:
I don't understand why people would rather pay £50 to get a tattoo from the guy up the road, than save up, do some research and find a great tattoo artist. We are so lucky in the UK, we have some world class artists here :smile:

I wonder sometimes if some people pay more attention to choosing a pair of shoes than choosing someone to tattoo them.
Original post by manic_fuzz
I personally would never get a tattoo, mainly due to the fact that I'm too indecisive to choose something to be on my body forever. Nonetheless, I have nothing against people who do have tattoos, some can look really amazing. Although, I must say I do find it a bit odd how there seem to be so many people who get underage tattoos of botched flowers and such as just for the sake of having a tattoo :K:

I totally agree, I've seen so many people, mostly younger girls, going to some dodgy tattoo parlour that doesn't ID and getting work done that just looks awful... Like script that looks like a ****ing 5 year old has designed it. I have 2 tattoos myself. Before I turned 18 I wanted one so bad but vowed I would wait until I was of age to get one. I'm glad I did so! And here's a piece of multi-coloured goo just for the OP:wink:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366286700.985719.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by WhyteBoar
I don't understand why people would rather pay £50 to get a tattoo from the guy up the road, than save up, do some research and find a great tattoo artist. We are so lucky in the UK, we have some world class artists here :smile:

I wonder sometimes if some people pay more attention to choosing a pair of shoes than choosing someone to tattoo them.

I agree :smile:
Reply 46
I'd never get a green piece of goo on my skin for a "memory" or any crap EXCUSE like that. If it means that much too me i have the mental capacity to contain it in my brain for the rest of my life.

So why the **** would one stain their skin?

Do ppl admit they forget "personal" events that are impt to them for the sake of a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile

#YOLO
Reply 47
Original post by abc:)
The difference between tattooed people and non tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care if you have one or not.

Not true.

I haven't got one and I could care less what others choose to do with themselves so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

The simple reason I think they just look silly is the main reason I haven't got any.
Reply 48
Original post by JC.
Not true.

I haven't got one and I could care less what others choose to do with themselves so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

The simple reason I think they just look silly is the main reason I haven't got any.

So you don;t care but you think we all look silly. Nice.
Acceptance, understanding and respect for all are virtues of the great.
Reply 50
Original post by Sir Killalot
If you don't like them, don't get them. Simple!
People can do what they want at the end of the day, it's their own skin.
I've never understood why people without tattoos get so worked up over people that do have them.

Not all do. I don't have any but Im not bothered if other people have them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Trigger
So you don;t care but you think we all look silly. Nice.

I don't care if someone paints their house yellow with pink spots.
But, that'd also look silly...
Reply 52
Original post by JC.
I don't care if someone paints their house yellow with pink spots.
But, that'd also look silly...

That's caring surely...forming an opinion.
Reply 53
Original post by Trigger
That's caring surely...forming an opinion.

Is it? That's not a link that I'd make myself.

As far as I'm concerned, folk have a right to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't harm others.
I like the notion that all tattoos HAVE to be memories. I'm getting one on Saturday that has nothing to do with memories - it's so that when I see a scar I have which is kind of big and unavoidable, I'll giggle instead of feeling sad :smile:
Original post by madders94
I like the notion that all tattoos HAVE to be memories. I'm getting one on Saturday that has nothing to do with memories - it's so that when I see a scar I have which is kind of big and unavoidable, I'll giggle instead of feeling sad :smile:

Yeah I don't know why people always seem to want to justify their tattoos like "I got the dolphin for my Gran cos one time she mentioned she liked dolphins..."

It's perfectly acceptable to get a dolphin tattoo just cos you thought it would look nice, doesn't have to be dedicated to someone, or signify a time in your life!

I got my tattoo because Harry Potter is amazing, end of.
If I get another tattoo it's gonna be a dot work mandala, just because they look awesome.
Reply 56
Original post by NessEB
#YOLO

.... The only reply that makes sense really.

Original post by abc:)

God... Why are some people so dense ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Popppppy
Yeah I don't know why people always seem to want to justify their tattoos like "I got the dolphin for my Gran cos one time she mentioned she liked dolphins..."

It's perfectly acceptable to get a dolphin tattoo just cos you thought it would look nice, doesn't have to be dedicated to someone, or signify a time in your life!

I got my tattoo because Harry Potter is amazing, end of.
If I get another tattoo it's gonna be a dot work mandala, just because they look awesome.

Harry potter tattoo???? LOL!!!! My passion for that book just vanished out of thin air after I read the last book ... xD
(edited 11 years ago)
I like tattoos, but most people's tattoos lie somewhere between ****ing awful and tediously generic/cliche.
.... The only reply that makes sense really.

God... Why are some people so dense ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harry potter tattoo???? LOL!!!! My passion for that book just vanished out of thin air after I read the last book ... xD

What does your interest in Harry Potter have to do with my tattoo?

You're a bit dim aren't you?
Reply 59
Original post by Popppppy
What does your interest in Harry Potter have to do with my tattoo?

You're a bit dim aren't you?

I'd say you are a bit paranoid.

Are you so insecure that you need to ask such defensive questions?

And I commented abt Harry potter like that just so to let you would know why I LOLd with caps.

Ketchup. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest