The Student Room Group

What if the tuition fee is over £ 9,000?

What happens if the tuition fee is over the maximum amount they give to students? When would I have to pay the rest to the university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You start shouting like Vegeta.

I don't think it CAN go over £9000 though.
Reply 2
Original post by mikeyd85
You start shouting like Vegeta.

I don't think it CAN go over £9000 though.

It can't unless it's a private university in which case they can charge what they like.
Original post by sabian92
It can't unless it's a private university in which case they can charge what they like.

There many private unis in the UK? Genuine question, I've never looked in to that!
Reply 5
Original post by mikeyd85
There many private unis in the UK? Genuine question, I've never looked in to that!

Until this year there was only one - the charitably run Buckingham. This year saw the College of Law become a full university with a profit-making model, offering law degrees.

As far as I know they aren't shown in any league tables, however Buckingham is supposed to be just average.

A couple of years back there was a lot of fanfare about the New College of the Humanities, however this does not have its own degree-awarding powers and bums off the University of London International Programmes, so you get a UoL degree.
Reply 6
The rules cover some private institutions, it's not specifically private universities. It can be an accredited course, but at a private institute that wallops people with fees. See some dance/drama courses in particular.
Reply 7
Guys its UEL thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ashisnotonfire
Guys its UEL thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course is this? Do you have a link to a web page for it?

Undergraduate courses in public universities can't be charged at more than £9,000 per year.

Postgraduate taught courses can be charged at any rate and have no core financial support. Postgraduate research courses can be charged at any rate but are very often funded through grants, bursaries, and scholarships.
Reply 9
Are you an EU student?
Original post by sharp910sh
Are you an EU student?

Location is Portugal. You might be on to something there...
Oh my god guys, I saw the wrong page I guess. UEL tuition fee for undergraduates is £9,000. Thank you anyway guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending