The Student Room Group

History at London universities

So I have my A Level grades already, I tried to apply to Economics this year around and only got an offer at Birmingham university, and I'm not too sure if I want to stick to economics anyway now. So I was thinking of going down the History route instead. My grades were, Economics - A*, History - A* and Maths - B, and in my GCSES I got 3A*s, 7As and a B. The only problem is I don't want to not get a place, I was thinking of applying to LSE, UCL, King's College and I would have 2 other options. LSE want AAA, which I don't have, due to my B in Maths, but do you think universities would still take me in? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Original post by hpsauxe
So I have my A Level grades already, I tried to apply to Economics this year around and only got an offer at Birmingham university, and I'm not too sure if I want to stick to economics anyway now. So I was thinking of going down the History route instead. My grades were, Economics - A*, History - A* and Maths - B, and in my GCSES I got 3A*s, 7As and a B. The only problem is I don't want to not get a place, I was thinking of applying to LSE, UCL, King's College and I would have 2 other options. LSE want AAA, which I don't have, due to my B in Maths, but do you think universities would still take me in? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

UCL want AAA-A*AA and King's want A*AA, so it's not just LSE you might have problems with because of your B in Maths.

Do you mean you want to apply to start this September or next year? The former will be more difficult because of the lateness of any application.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
UCL want AAA-A*AA and King's want A*AA, so it's not just LSE you might have problems with because of your B in Maths.

Do you mean you want to apply to start this September or next year? The former will be more difficult because of the lateness of any application.

I mean for 2014 entry.
Original post by hpsauxe
I mean for 2014 entry.

OK, but LSE, UCL and King's might well reject you. Goldsmith's, Queen Mary and Royal Holloway are all London universities which accept your grades. Presumably you have a reason for wanting to study in London?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending