University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Humanities Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by R3cognize
Leicester's a possible firm for me. Anyone doing English here? What did they think of the course/uni?

I did English at Leicester 2009-12. I thought it was a fantastic course. There's something there for everyone, but you really get a good overall picture rather than focusing only on one period.

Expect to have your world-views shaken up quite a bit too! (This is a GOOD thing)
(edited 11 years ago)
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi! I've firmed History and American Studies and also applied for accommodation :smile:

Anyone else doing this combination? I'm sure we'll all share some lectures anyway!

P.s I wish everyone the best of luck in their exams and will hopefully see you there in September!
Reply 22
Original post by Remembrall
Hi! I've firmed History and American Studies and also applied for accommodation :smile:

Anyone else doing this combination? I'm sure we'll all share some lectures anyway!

P.s I wish everyone the best of luck in their exams and will hopefully see you there in September!

American Studies over here! So we'll be in similar lectures :-)

I see you like Harry Potter.........*Holds back fangirling just in case*
Reply 23
Original post by fimblesocks
American Studies over here! So we'll be in similar lectures :-)

I see you like Harry Potter.........*Holds back fangirling just in case*

Yes we will! Fingers crossed I get the grades, my heart is set on Leicester!

And I'm border line obsessed with Harry Potter...in fact definitely obsessed! haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by lozthemidget
I've firmed for history too! :smile: aha also the same thing about going to America, its really confusing that for some reason you cant go with just history :/

I've actually just changed my course from History to History with American Studies because otherwise I can't apply to go to America for a year.

Much happier now =]
Reply 25

We will be on the same course =]

What accommodation have you applied to ? I'm hopefully going to be in Beaumont Catered.
Reply 26
Original post by charlie8
We will be on the same course =]

What accommodation have you applied to ? I'm hopefully going to be in Beaumont Catered.

Finally somebody on the same course :biggrin:

And John Foster Self-catered was my first :smile: though I kinda wish I'd chosen catered but oh well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Finally somebody on the same course :biggrin:

And John Foster Self-catered was my first :smile: though I kinda wish I'd chosen catered but oh well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It feels so much better knowing someone on the course!

I'm really excited now I've finally changed. I couldn't handle not having the opportunity to go to America.

lmao, i always have doubts after i make a decision. I keep thinking i've spent too much money on catered and maybe i should have chosen self catered :P
John fosters is a really nice hall.

Only 5 months away! =]
Reply 28
It feels so much better knowing someone on the course!

I'm really excited now I've finally changed. I couldn't handle not having the opportunity to go to America.

lmao, i always have doubts after i make a decision. I keep thinking i've spent too much money on catered and maybe i should have chosen self catered :P
John fosters is a really nice hall.

Only 5 months away! =]

It does!

That's exactly what made me choose this course, I was going to apply for just History but the chance the study in America completely made my decision! I'm so excited too!

Yeah I think whatever I chose I'd have probably doubted my decision anyway! But yeah I really liked it when I visited :smile:

Not long at all is it! Just hope I get the grades! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sociology woo! (If i get the grades) :biggrin:
Reply 30
It does!

That's exactly what made me choose this course, I was going to apply for just History but the chance the study in America completely made my decision! I'm so excited too!

Yeah I think whatever I chose I'd have probably doubted my decision anyway! But yeah I really liked it when I visited :smile:

Not long at all is it! Just hope I get the grades! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will =] I am fortunate enough to be doing a BTEC so i don't have to stress out waiting for my results :P
Reply 31
I'm sure you will =] I am fortunate enough to be doing a BTEC so i don't have to stress out waiting for my results :P

I'd give anything to be in your situation and not have to wait till August! Haha hopefully my hard work will pay off! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've actually just changed my course from History to History with American Studies because otherwise I can't apply to go to America for a year.

Much happier now =]

That's awesome! I'm so disappointed that you can't go to America if your doing straight history, I wanted to go so much! Whats the America studies part of the course like? Has your grade offer been changed or is it the same? If you don't mind me asking! :smile: aha.
Reply 33
That's awesome! I'm so disappointed that you can't go to America if your doing straight history, I wanted to go so much! Whats the America studies part of the course like? Has your grade offer been changed or is it the same? If you don't mind me asking! :smile: aha.

Well, it's actually a lot more in depth than the website allows you to believe. I spoke to the head of the department and he was basically explaining that if you study history with American studies then you just have to study more American History and some politics, which i'm fine with. If you do English and American Studies, then your modules focus on American Literature (which is something I really didn't want to do).

The only bad thing now is that i don't have a chance to pick a variety of different modules like you do with normal history, which sucks so much! Looks like i won't have a chance to study some of the history I wanted, so they really should change that!

My grade offer got lowered actually, only need DDM now, so that's good news.
Well, it's actually a lot more in depth than the website allows you to believe. I spoke to the head of the department and he was basically explaining that if you study history with American studies then you just have to study more American History and some politics, which i'm fine with. If you do English and American Studies, then your modules focus on American Literature (which is something I really didn't want to do).

The only bad thing now is that i don't have a chance to pick a variety of different modules like you do with normal history, which sucks so much! Looks like i won't have a chance to study some of the history I wanted, so they really should change that!

My grade offer got lowered actually, only need DDM now, so that's good news.

Thats awesome that your grade offer got lowered! I wish mine was lower aha.

Yeah, I see what you mean, when I looked it up there didn't seem to be much there about it. I think I would like to study some modules in American history, but still have the variety like you say. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to do the actual politics modules, I'd rather do the Literature funnily enough :biggrin: American studies sounds really cool, and I'm mega jelous that you will be going to America! They really should change that, your still a history student so you should get to pick from all the modules that they have avaliable :biggrin:
Reply 35
Thats awesome that your grade offer got lowered! I wish mine was lower aha.

Yeah, I see what you mean, when I looked it up there didn't seem to be much there about it. I think I would like to study some modules in American history, but still have the variety like you say. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to do the actual politics modules, I'd rather do the Literature funnily enough :biggrin: American studies sounds really cool, and I'm mega jelous that you will be going to America! They really should change that, your still a history student so you should get to pick from all the modules that they have avaliable :biggrin:

Well if you change your mind, you can always change course when you get to leicester =] I felt exactly the same way as you i just kind of thought screw it, i'll go for it!
Well if you change your mind, you can always change course when you get to leicester =] I felt exactly the same way as you i just kind of thought screw it, i'll go for it!

Yeah your right, I guess I can do a course transfer thing if I get in there September and its what I want to do :smile: aha its really cool that you just decided what you wanted and changed, but you never know, we might end up on the same course in September :smile: aha. Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:
Reply 37
Yeah your right, I guess I can do a course transfer thing if I get in there September and its what I want to do :smile: aha its really cool that you just decided what you wanted and changed, but you never know, we might end up on the same course in September :smile: aha. Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:

Yup, i sent it off like as soon as it come out. I'll be in Beaumont catered hopefully! Have you applied anywhere yet? That'd be amazing if we were then at least i'd know someone!
Yup, i sent it off like as soon as it come out. I'll be in Beaumont catered hopefully! Have you applied anywhere yet? That'd be amazing if we were then at least i'd know someone!

I applied once I'd firmed Leicester. I applied to John Foster self catered first and then Beaumont was my second choice because I liked it there too :biggrin: I know what you mean, I'm so nervous about starting there and not really knowing anyone, it would be nice to know at least one person! aha :smile:
Reply 39
Yes we will! Fingers crossed I get the grades, my heart is set on Leicester!

And I'm border line obsessed with Harry Potter...in fact definitely obsessed! haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well fellow Potterhead, you have a friend in me :smile:

In fact I'm going to Leaky Con this summer, so excited! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending