The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannapoole
Yep! I don't even remember the exam very well so I'm not very confident!

Same here :tongue: There is the unofficial mark scheme posted in the Maths section of the forum the day after the exam, but now I can't remember any of the answers that I put down so I'm not able to roughly guess what grade I'm going to get. :frown:
Original post by CanineVet

And best of luck to you all :smile: are these preliminary exams yous have done? I done mine in December and did okay. Do they count for much? Ours can act as an appeal but are really just as a guideline as to what level you will sit :smile:

Nope, they're the real thing :frown: . We sat them back in February/March. I did linear maths so these count as my full maths GCSE. We can get them remarked if we genuinely think we did better, or we could simply retake in June, however I think that sitting another two exams for the sake of an A* rather than an A isn't really worth it...
Reply 822
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Nope, they're the real thing :frown: . We sat them back in February/March. I did linear maths so these count as my full maths GCSE. We can get them remarked if we genuinely think we did better, or we could simply retake in June, however I think that sitting another two exams for the sake of an A* rather than an A isn't really worth it...

Really? So you get two chances to do an exam if you weren't happy with your score? We only have the exam in may that counts, if we do badly or are off ill etc we can use our prelim (and tests) scores to request an appeal to increase your grade but that is only if the SQA approve and they are more often than not unsympathetic if you done badly :frown: hopefully Ill do good - keep studying :smile: but that means we have to do good first time every time or we don't get into vet med because it is all first sitting :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? So you get two chances to do an exam if you weren't happy with your score? We only have the exam in may that counts, if we do badly or are off ill etc we can use our prelim (and tests) scores to request an appeal to increase your grade but that is only if the SQA approve and they are more often than not unsympathetic if you done badly :frown: hopefully Ill do good - keep studying :smile: but that means we have to do good first time every time or we don't get into vet med because it is all first sitting :frown:

We can retake as many times as we want :tongue: I think my year group is the last year group that it doesn't matter for (i.e. universities don't see at GCSE level)... everyone below us is screwed :lol:
Reply 824
We can retake as many times as we want :tongue: I think my year group is the last year group that it doesn't matter for (i.e. universities don't see at GCSE level)... everyone below us is screwed :lol:

Omg! That is so not fair for us! You are damn lucky my friend :tongue: If I don't get credit grades in these SG exams I can never be a vet potentially :frown: we have one shot and one year to do it in so if we screw it up we are knee high in maneur :L I wish we were allowed to do that ugh oh well hopefully we will all be rewarded for our efforts over the coming years :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 825
Best of luck! :smile: I'm getting maths as well. :frown:

I'm getting my Maths too, the grade boundaries have gone up a lot since the one, I can see myself having to retake :frown: good luck guys!!!!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niamh28
I'm getting my Maths too, the grade boundaries have gone up a lot since the one, I can see myself having to retake :frown: good luck guys!!!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my retake actually because I did the one in November and just missed the my boundary by 1mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 827
Omg, I'm getting my maths result in less than 20 minutes. I can genuinely say, I am very scared. :frown: I think I might have missed my A, and I need an A to get into the new sixth form.. argh. Really don't want to retake!
Original post by MonMon
Omg, I'm getting my maths result in less than 20 minutes. I can genuinely say, I am very scared. :frown: I think I might have missed my A, and I need an A to get into the new sixth form.. argh. Really don't want to retake!

I've got to wait til my break for mine! I missed my A last time so I re-sat it this time and the grade boundaries just scare me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 829
Hey guys how did you all do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finally got my A! So happy :smile:

How did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 831
I finally got my A! So happy :smile:

How did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :biggrin: so can does that count as your final GCSE grade? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! :biggrin: so can does that count as your final GCSE grade? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Yeah it's my final GCSE grade for maths and doing it early has meant I could do an extra Statistics GCSE too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 833
Thanks! Yeah it's my final GCSE grade for maths and doing it early has meant I could do an extra Statistics GCSE too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo cool! Our exams are set so we can only do it once on the date (maths is the 3rd of may I think) :smile: oh my it's so close to them! A week today I will have done my art exam - my worst one haha! Then I have english, chemistry and maths in the following week I think. I need to cram in some more studying the now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooo cool! Our exams are set so we can only do it once on the date (maths is the 3rd of may I think) :smile: oh my it's so close to them! A week today I will have done my art exam - my worst one haha! Then I have english, chemistry and maths in the following week I think. I need to cram in some more studying the now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eek that's early, mine start on the 13th May, I did my art GCSE two years ago(we do some GCSEs early at my school) and it was a pain but I missed it once it was over!

I've got a lot to cram in but I guess I've got a bit more time than you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 835
Eek that's early, mine start on the 13th May, I did my art GCSE two years ago(we do some GCSEs early at my school) and it was a pain but I missed it once it was over!

I've got a lot to cram in but I guess I've got a bit more time than you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha lucky you I am so bad at art compared to my other subjects :tongue: hopefully I'll get at least a 2. And I know I've been piling up the books :tongue: good luck with all yours I'm sure you will ace them all :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*! I can't believe it, I was so ready to start revising again for a retake!

Ahh, that means I have 23 exams instead of 25. A small difference but a difference nonetheless. :yep:

Oh, and the farm emailed and asked if I want to come in over the weekend. Uhh, is the sky blue? :tongue:

Today is the best! :woo:
Reply 837
A*! I can't believe it, I was so ready to start revising again for a retake!

Ahh, that means I have 23 exams instead of 25. A small difference but a difference nonetheless. :yep:

Oh, and the farm emailed and asked if I want to come in over the weekend. Uhh, is the sky blue? :tongue:

Today is the best! :woo:

Congrats! You seem very chuffed :biggrin: you deserved it well done :smile: two weeks tomorrow and I've got my maths exams (four aggh!). You lot are so lucky to be able to get them other with there! And I have to wait till August till I find out my results! :O I don't think I can last that long and this happens for the next (including this) three years! Ahaha

And I take it your going in? :tongue: that's great have fun again :wink: they must love you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats! You seem very chuffed :biggrin: you deserved it well done :smile: two weeks tomorrow and I've got my maths exams (four aggh!). You lot are so lucky to be able to get them other with there! And I have to wait till August till I find out my results! :O I don't think I can last that long and this happens for the next (including this) three years! Ahaha

And I take it your going in? :tongue: that's great have fun again :wink: they must love you! :biggrin:

Chuffed is an understatement! I honestly was not expecting that, so it was a lovely surprise at the end of a rather tedious day :smile: . No more maths until September!

Are you even asking that question? Of course I am! :biggrin: I hope so, I love them :tongue: Given that five months ago I turned up to my interview there an hour late and looking like a drowned rat dipped in mud (damned bus didn't accept Oyster :shakecane: ), I think I've improved on my first impression! :lol:
Quick question, would people be interested if I made a page like this, but for VetMed? As far as I can see it would be fairly simple to do, and I have an hour or so to kill. I just think it would be handy to see all of the vet schools' requirements on one page for comparison purposes.

There's also pages for A-Levels and Scottish requirements that I'd like to get round to doing at some point, but it might be better if someone with more knowledge than I did those. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest