The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Like you said, subjective subjects :tongue:

Critical Thinking is an odd one, it's sort of both science and art.

Yeah, well looking at the markschemes which is better.

a) this suggests that the mines were dark and dangerous. People would have suffered vertigo and the tight areas caused claustrophobia.

b) this suggest work in the mines was completed under poor working conditions.
Also the fact that the mines are named after women, who are not allowed to work also implies the poor social conditions. Women are made out to be possessions, mere objects. Etc.

I think b is better :tongue:

Really?:s-smilie:
Original post by EduWiz
WAIT....im nnot a reliable source+what was it out of????

50 :smile:
Got an offer at the sixth form :woo:
French wasn't too bad as well :redface:
Evening everyone, how is everyone on this rainy; wind-stricken day?
Reply 4504
Original post by techno836
50 :smile:

Yh it's probably an A:smile:
Original post by EduWiz
Yh it's probably an A:smile:

okay :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, well looking at the markschemes which is better.

a) this suggests that the mines were dark and dangerous. People would have suffered vertigo and the tight areas caused claustrophobia.

b) this suggest work in the mines was completed under poor working conditions.
Also the fact that the mines are named after women, who are not allowed to work also implies the poor social conditions. Women are made out to be possessions, mere objects. Etc.

I think b is better :tongue:

Really?:s-smilie:

(a) is better. I don't actually have any idea what the question is, but (a) explains the poor working conditions.

The part in bold is doesn't make any real sense :tongue:
OMG It's my 100th post BOOOYAHHH!
(a) is better. I don't actually have any idea what the question is, but (a) explains the poor working conditions.

The part in bold is doesn't make any real sense :tongue:

You just wanted to annoy me...

It said conditions in mines and the village! (I explained the village conditions, and the bolded bit was phrased properly, making sense)

So you'd say a) A* and b) C...

:colonhash:
Original post by Jina
Two people in my class were one mark off an A and a C.... They're getting theirs remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jina
What do you guys think about remarks? It assumes that the paper wasn't marked properly the first time round and well....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well by the time I get it remarked I'll have missed the cchance for resitting, so I may have had to stick with my A, I'm not taking chances :tongue:
Original post by Princepieman
OMG It's my 100th post BOOOYAHHH!

Original post by Elm Tree
Got an offer at the sixth form :woo:
French wasn't too bad as well :redface:

:zomg::yeah::woo::woo::woo::woo: To both of you :tongue:
Back home from school now :woo:

USING THE TSR APP
Original post by Olympiad
Back home from school now :woo:

USING THE TSR APP

eventually :wink: how come it took you so long ?::biggrin:
You just wanted to annoy me...

It said conditions in mines and the village! (I explained the village conditions, and the bolded bit was phrased properly, making sense)

So you'd say a) A* and b) C...

:colonhash:

The bold makes grammatical sense, but not logical sense :tongue: I'm not just trying to annoy you :lol:

I don't like grading single answers, like, ever, because that's sort of retarded, but I do think (a) is superior.
The bold makes grammatical sense, but not logical sense :tongue: I'm not just trying to annoy you :lol:

I don't like grading single answers, like, ever, because that's sort of retarded, but I do think (a) is superior.

I was writing how women weren't allowed to work, socially inferior = poor living conditions socially anyway...
I still wrote about the mines and conditions, but I don't see how the mention of vertigo, = A* :colonhash:
Original post by MattFletcher
eventually :wink: how come it took you so long ?::biggrin:

After school revision session :smile:

USING THE TSR APP
A* in Maths guys:woo: Thanks to all who offered me help!:biggrin: Now time to concentrate on FSMQ.
Original post by Confucian
A* in Maths guys:woo: Thanks to all who offered me help!:biggrin: Now time to concentrate on FSMQ.

:woo: :congrats: now for the A*/A^ (highest grade) in that!
:woo: :congrats: now for the A*/A^ (highest grade) in that!

Yeah it would be an A for highest grade in FSMQ, I just probably need to sort out my knowledge of binomial expansions and trigonometric proof then I'll be fine:smile: Thanks!
Evening

Latest