The Student Room Group

Have you ever been insulted about your looks?

Scroll to see replies

I get told all the time that I look about 12... I'm 5ft 3 which isn't THAT short but I look small. I used to get insulted by it but now I embrace it, I get half price travel tickets :tongue:
Reply 261
You just gotta play with the cards you've been dealt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was badly bullied in high school (I'm in my last year of college now)and a lot of the things that were said were about my appearance. When you're told that you're ugly by practically everyone in your year it does leave you with very low self-esteem that does still affect me at times. I decided to be home schooled in Year 8 to get away from it all which was a very lonely time in my life but things got better when I started at a small school in Year 10 where I made some life long friends who went through similar things. I also suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result and had to go through nearly 2 years of therapy to learn to deal with. I wish people would realise how much of an impact their actions have.

Also, I was walking through town with my boyfriend recently and a guy came up to us and said to my boyfriend "Mate, is that your girlfriend?! She is UGLY!". I ended up in tears but I just try and ignore things like that now because my boyfriend tells me I'm the most beautiful girl he has ever seen and that's the only opinion I should be listening to.
(edited 11 years ago)
i like being able to post on here because none of my friends really notice it anymore and brush off comments i receive while out with them but i have a red scar on the bridge of my nose and people (strangers, surprisingly) seem to think that it is acceptable to stare directly at my nose when talking to me and then point out the fact that there is a scar there, as if i didn't know. The worst time was when a sales assistant in a clothing shop (not even cosmetics!) asked me if there was no way to cover it up and that she was sure there was something that "could be done about it". This really gets on my nerves because i shouldn't be expected to spend my time in a morning covering up my face just because people "don't really want to look at that" (as i was told by a younger student i was tutoring in high school).
Original post by Anime Lover
I get told all the time that I look about 12... I'm 5ft 3 which isn't THAT short but I look small. I used to get insulted by it but now I embrace it, I get half price travel tickets :tongue:

omg yes haha same here!! in 20 years we'll be grateful for the baby face and height wise we have the option of heels, aren't lanky etc :tongue:
Original post by super_kawaii
I suffer from eczema and at primary school I used to get bullied quite badly for it. People would always ask me what was wrong with me and why I was so scaly. My eczema's a lot better than it was then, but I still feel incredibly self conscious and unattractive because of the comments I used to get

I know that feel.

:redface:
Nothing terrible:

A girl at school told me I'd be pretty if I had a smaller nose (I grew into it anyway).

My own dad said I needed to fill out and offered me a boob job for my 18th.

I often get told I can't possibly be my age and that I look "too young".

Other than that I can't think of much. I'm not particularly distinctive looking so there's not much to insult!

Oh except I used to get teased in primary school for having buck teeth and a monobrow (before braces/tweezers entered my life!).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 267
I used to have a bit of an over bite which was exacerbated by my jaw being set back so I got teased for that when I was around 12. Called a 'goofy mongole' by some chavvy girl for the same reason.

Makes me smile now. I had dental work to fix my teeth. She's still a chav.
i've never been insulted to my face by anyone about my looks apart from my mum and my sister, they think they're just having a laugh but it gets to me when they pick on my skin- i have hyper-pigmentation, when my spots leave scars, the scars don't fade so my face looks like leopard print :frown:
People sometimes think im really young, like under 16.. Im 23. I've been called fat before, when I was at school (and wasnt even fat, just wasnt as skinny as most of the other girls). A ex called me a fat ugly cow and things like that when he was angry at me so that dented my confidence a lot.
Reply 270
Yeah, I've been called fat and ugly before. You know, generic stuff. Also someone said I had a huge nose once, which tbh I can't disagree with :lol:
Reply 271
I used to be. Mainly for having curly hair and because I used to be overweight.
Yes. I had short hair for a while so was told I looked like a 'mushroom' (this came from someone who had bleached their hair so much, it really did resemble literal straw...) :rolleyes:
Reply 273
Original post by Tai Ga
Yeah, I've been called fat and ugly before. You know, generic stuff. Also someone said I had a huge nose once, which tbh I can't disagree with :lol:

can you post a picture of your nose ?

my brothers sometimes poke fun at my hair line, its just slightly receding, which is unusual in my family, so they have a laugh about it every time we have a get together.
Reply 274
Only really that I have small eyes, I don't think it helps that they are quite deep set and I have quiet high cheekbones but its irritating when someone points it out, like thanks I didn't know that :frown:Also been said I look like "stiflers mom" from American pie, not sure if they are saying I look her age, being 18 that wouldn't be too great.
Reply 275
We all get insulted in life it happens,

It’s amazing how easy it is to believe all the negative things people say and yet discredit the positive. Taking a compliment is an art. Sometimes, it’s instinctive to assume they’re just being nice or that maybe you aren’t really skilled—you just got lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Qmul Library
Date: 2008 Second semester
A cute law girl come towards me. I am sitting on a chair. I tell her " hey cuite" or something similar..
She tells me " eh, You look like 40 years old man"

After few months she smiles with me constantly and she wants me to talk with her. I let her go and completely cut her off . few years passes. This year I did apologize for the "inappropriate " thing I said to her & tells her that now I am a different man. Just gave her the statement and left because I did not want to end any any kind of human connection badly. I still don't hate her , not even a bit. She is the starting reason for the research of healthy food, finding Raw food diet and drinking "Green Smoothies". Thanks girl
Not to my face anyway.

edit: just realised i already commented on this thread ages ago :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SillyMilly
Ive got an underdevloped optic nerve in my left eye and as a result in turns in slightly i think its by 1 mm but its clearly noticable especially when im tired, stressed or upset.

Ive had people laugh point at me, talk about it behind my back a girl at uni told me that if she had something as embarssing as I do she wouldnt show her face until it had been operated on. I went through life without many people ever commenting on it, until i went to uni when the people have been cruel and vile. They dont think about what they say they say things like 'oh you look like the russell howard guy he has a funny eye too' or 'why are you crossed eyed' ' why is your eye wonky' 'cant you get that fixed'

Or the worse thing has been when people talk about it behind my back they laugh about it and of course it gets back to me people who cant remeber me refer to me as the girl with the wonky eye

I wish people would just come up and ask me about it as its not a lazy eye, i cant have it operated on theres a 80% risk if i do i will go blind in both my eyes, people just dont realise how hurtful what they say is.

Ive also been taken the piss out for my height (5ft11) or my chubby cheeks or being to fat or to skinny

I have a turn in my eye too, I wear a prism in my lenses. The taunts I used to get were awful :frown:

I've been called ugly to my face by my own dad before. :frown:
Story of my life in my first primary school. It's made me very self-conscious but I've improved in recent years. Once when I was walking to school a group of guys started yelling that I was a fat, fashion disaster. They chased me into school while throwing plastic bottles and stones. I've also been told that nobody could ever love me because of my looks. Children are such darlings ¬_¬.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending