Original post by potterhead1d
i got an A* 176 out of 200! i'm so pleased with my grade

How do you find out your mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by meeeeee7
It was 186 for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundary for an A* is 168. 186 is way too high for an A* - the exam would have to be extremely easy.
Original post by muhammedk
Hey guys, how'd you know what mark you got, mine only says grade. Hope you're all happy with your results:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they only give the grade on the results slip but if u ask your maths teacher then he/she can get ur mark from results plus. That's how I found out.
Btw what did u get?
Reply 83
Got an A* woo.......was so worried cos i hadn't revised
Reply 84
Does anyone know when the examiner reports are released?
Reply 85
Unfortunately I got 34 underpoints for my linear foundation maths exam which is a D.Does anyone know what it is to get a C? Apparently I was one mark off and it was 35 for a C. is this true?
Reply 86
Original post by Davinio
Unfortunately I got 34 underpoints for my linear foundation maths exam which is a D.Does anyone know what it is to get a C? Apparently I was one mark off and it was 35 for a C. is this true?

are u talking about higher paper i think it was 63 for a C
Reply 87
Original post by muhammedk
Hey guys, how'd you know what mark you got, mine only says grade. Hope you're all happy with your results:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wht do u mean urs onli says grade?
Guys I got A* :smile: Can any of you work out work mark I got overall from 58 points?
Reply 89
Hello Mr m I really need your advice desperately, I got a C in my maths exam which I resisted in march I previously got a C as well but this time improved around 40 marks, I need to get at least a B grade to go uni and I am really worried do you think it is worth resitting as I have 11 exams in the summer? Also I was going through the exam paper and the marks which I got from results plus account, and I think I have spotted a mistake and think I should remark it (I got 94 marks overall). In question 4a on the non-Cal I received 0 marks for completing the table of values, however in question 4b I received 1 mark out of 2 for plotting the graph I am sure that I should have got full marks, how can I get 1 mark in 4b if I get 0 in 4a? I also spotted another 3 marks which I should have got. sorry for the long question, will be much appreciated if answered thank u!!!!!
Reply 90
Original post by Motivated
I seen the incorrect boundaries this morning and I had so much hope, but now they seem really high :'( I promised my maths teacher (who has now left) to get an A* for him, and well that's very unlikely. I'm not going to get an A* in the summer either because I have so many other exams to revise for. :frown:

Any idea why they are so high this time?

cmon... dont give up... you name is "MOTIVATED"¬!!!!!
Reply 91
Guys i got an a*!!!!
Reply 92
I got my B!!!!! :biggrin: yayayayayayay!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by Jess_Hills
I got my B!!!!! :biggrin: yayayayayayay!!!!! :biggrin:

how many marks did u get? oh and welldone
Reply 94
no the foundation
Reply 95
Original post by Mr M
You were only 7 marks away from the C so you may well get it next time. Practise lots of calculator papers.
Hello Mr m I really need your advice desperately, I got a C in my maths exam which I resisted in march I previously got a C as well but this time improved around 40 marks, I need to get at least a B grade to go uni and I am really worried do you think it is worth resitting as I have 11 exams in the summer? Also I was going through the exam paper and the marks which I got from results plus account, and I think I have spotted a mistake and think I should remark it (I got 94 marks overall). In question 4a on the non-Cal I received 0 marks for completing the table of values, however in question 4b I received 1 mark out of 2 for plotting the graph I am sure that I should have got full marks, how can I get 1 mark in 4b if I get 0 in 4a? I also spotted another 3 marks which I should have got. sorry for the long question, will be much appreciated if answered thank u!!!!!
Original post by EXAMZ!!!

Tell your Maths teacher to look at your paper on Edexcel results plus or your Maths head of department, if he can spot inaccurate marking then it would be worth appealing for a remark. If not, then I think you would be more than capable of getting a 'C' if not a 'B' on your resit in 2 months time. Many people in my school went up from Grade D's/C's to 1/2/3 grades higher.
Reply 97
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Yeah they only give the grade on the results slip but if u ask your maths teacher then he/she can get ur mark from results plus. That's how I found out.
Btw what did u get?

I got an A...woo hooo. What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
I think everyone who got an a* got 58 points...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need advice!

So I got my maths results back today and I got a B at 130, Six marks off an A. Though my offical target and predicted grade was a B, I'm shatttered.

My teacher says I should re-take in June, I'm tempted but not 100%.
Is this wise? I don't want to jepodise any other areas of study.
Math's isn't really my field and is irrelevent to my A-Level and future carrear prospects (all centered around humanities), but if i'm capable of an A should I go for it?

Also, is it worth me getting my papers remarked? I know six marks is a long streach, however if you think of three extra marks per-paper that's logical is it not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending