Damn it how did I forget about the Ukraine?! :colondollar:

Finally!
Original post by JerzyDudek
Finally!

I am ashamed of myself haha. I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 204
Finally!

It was the first think that came to my head really, don't know why as I only understood one word xd Are you from Ukraine then? 'Cause I wouldn't say that from the look of your nickname ;p
Original post by ANONYM00SE
I am ashamed of myself haha. I'm sorry :frown:

Don't be, many think that we don't have our own language. Which is weird and sad.

Original post by maereth
It was the first think that came to my head really, don't know why as I only understood one word xd Are you from Ukraine then? 'Cause I wouldn't say that from the look of your nickname ;p

Yes, I am. My nickname is a name of the Polish goalkeeper that used to play for Liverpool FC.
Don't be, many think that we don't have our own language. Which is weird and sad.

I knew :smile: I just totally forgot Ukraine was in Europe haha. My geography is awful. So do you understand some Russian?
Could be funny, I don't think I have a very strong accent compared to people where I'm from though :frown:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1x3wqr18Tex
Original post by GermanScientist

I think your accent's pretty cute tbh :3
Original post by ANONYM00SE
I knew :smile: I just totally forgot Ukraine was in Europe haha. My geography is awful. So do you understand some Russian?

Oh yeah, I can speak it fluently. That's probably a consequence of being a part of the USSR (and the Russian Empire before) for such a long time. Probably half of Ukrainians (Eastern part) speaks Russian at home so we have some pretty strong debates over the subject. Recently the government imposed a law in favour of Russian language so people were even protesting on the streets. Interestingly, our Prime-Minister can barely speak Ukrainian and we always laugh at him when he does (and he has to because it's the only national language in Ukraine). Sorry if it's a bit boring but it might be interesting for you as you probably don't understand such problems being independent for thousands of years. Ukraine is only less than 22 years old.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Slothzilla
I think your accent's pretty cute tbh :3

Haha thanks :tongue: I just realised that obviously my microphone's pretty rubbish as I sound a bit Darth Vader-ish :tongue:
Reply 212

Yes, I am. My nickname is a name of the Polish goalkeeper that used to play for Liverpool FC.

Yeah I know because I'm Polish :wink:
And if we're already having this conversation, just out of curiosity, do you live in the UK now? :wink:

I love your accent!
Great thread idea! :smile:

Hate my voice though.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1byl27rpF24
I used soundcloud...

A bit odd :tongue: but... Meeeh, made a mistake or two as well :colondollar:

http://soundcloud.com/lepoissonmal/tsr

This was done a few days ago :redface:
Oh yeah, I can speak it fluently. That's probably a consequence of being a part of the USSR (and the Russian Empire before) for such a long time. Probably half of Ukrainians (Eastern part) speaks Russian at home so we have some pretty strong debates over the subject. Recently the government imposed a law in favour of Russian language so people were even protesting on the streets. Interestingly, our Prime-Minister can barely speak Ukrainian and we always laugh at him when he does (and he has to because it's the only national language in Ukraine). Sorry if it's a bit boring but it might be interesting for you as you probably don't understand such problems being independent for thousands of years. Ukraine is only less than 22 years old.

No that is very interesting :smile: My best friend is Russian - part Tatar (her sister has her birth place on her UK passport as USSR because she is 25, however my friend is younger and so has Russia), and my ex was Russian - part Uzbek.
I don't particularly consider myself as British anyway, as soon as I am done with university I will be out of here. My paternal side of the family is Polish/Austrian and originally I think we were from the USSR kind of area. I don't know I can't find out much about it - our ancestral surname doesn't seem to crop up very often.
Could be funny, I don't think I have a very strong accent compared to people where I'm from though :frown:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1x3wqr18Tex

Somewhere up t'Norf?
Original post by yarshad
Somewhere up t'Norf?

mhmm (: I listened to yours but really couldn't guess where you're from, I'm pretty terrible at distinguishing accents :tongue:
mhmm (: I listened to yours but really couldn't guess where you're from, I'm pretty terrible at distinguishing accents :tongue:

Wait I'm confused looool, is the 'mhmm (:' a confirmation that you're from the somewhere up north haha? :P

I sound like a Chav. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest