The Student Room Group

Tattoo Bashing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CodeJack
What one are you getting?

Dark mark from the Harry Potter series on my thigh. It doesn't even look like a series-related tattoo, so it's a good one to have.
Reply 61
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Dark mark from the Harry Potter series on my thigh. It doesn't even look like a series-related tattoo, so it's a good one to have.

Awesome, I hope you like it and that it doesn't hurt to much.
Reply 62
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

Wow. I wonder why I never come up with such ideas.....

Original post by MacLean
I think some tatoos look really cool and 'badass' lol as Americans say.

I could never go through with it myself though, I have commitment issues.

Any decision that will effect me for like 10years + scares the hell out me. So tatoos, house buying, marridge etc just do not compute with me lol.

OP are you sure your not just like me, and its just getting a bit confused and comming out as 'hating'?

Confused?????? Far from it
Hating????? I'd say no, but then again I wouldn't mind a second opinion from a sensible poster...

I just see it as a waste. Wouldn't want support/encourage anyone who feel the need to stain their skin for whatever reason.

And unlike most of the suckers here, I don't joyfully preach the "do whatever makes you happy" advice. It's not the card for each and every ****ing issue/problem/solution/choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CodeJack
Awesome, I hope you like it and that it doesn't hurt to much.

Thanks! I hope so too - I managed to get my nose pierced but obviously this is a totally different pain. :biggrin:
Reply 64
I think that when they are done really well and suit the person they can look AMAZING! Imo it can make men look really sexy :tongue: I wouldn't get one though - it just wouldn't suit me at all!
Reply 65
Original post by Trigger
:lolwut: at least learn the correct term for those people.

I don't know if you're swaying towards native american or something more fancy
Reply 66
Original post by Ollied
I don't know if you're swaying towards native american or something more fancy

Native American would be a correct term, red indian not so much. In fact why on earth do you have two tattoo'd on you? I love Tattoos but that seems an odd choice.
Original post by RedArrow
Wow. I wonder why I never come up with such ideas.....

Don't like it, don't get it. Problem solved. Wasn't that easy?
Reply 68
Original post by Trigger
Native American would be a correct term, red indian not so much. In fact why on earth do you have two tattoo'd on you? I love Tattoos but that seems an odd choice.

I don't know, I really do not know.. I could make up a fake reason here like, they're strong and self righteous but no, i don't have a clue.
Reply 69
Original post by Popppppy
Yeah I don't know why people always seem to want to justify their tattoos like "I got the dolphin for my Gran cos one time she mentioned she liked dolphins..."

It's perfectly acceptable to get a dolphin tattoo just cos you thought it would look nice, doesn't have to be dedicated to someone, or signify a time in your life!

I got my tattoo because Harry Potter is amazing, end of.
If I get another tattoo it's gonna be a dot work mandala, just because they look awesome.

I take (and agree with) your point... But it's never acceptable to have a dolphin tattoo. Never ever ever.
Reply 70
Original post by NW86
I take (and agree with) your point... But it's never acceptable to have a dolphin tattoo. Never ever ever.
Reply 71
Original post by Trigger

Still not acceptable.

He could have had a shark, I'd be ok with that.

I seriously ****ing hate dolphins.
Reply 72
Original post by NW86
Still not acceptable.

He could have had a shark, I'd be ok with that.

I seriously ****ing hate dolphins.

There is no way that could have been made into a shark
Reply 73
Original post by Trigger
There is no way that could have been made into a shark

I disagree, would actually be pretty simple... the shading and definitition of the tattoo that's currently in place makes it much harder to imagine anything else there.

You could have quite easily had the face (I'm sure that's not the right phrase) of the shark as the nub/stump (is there a more PC phrase?) with the body and dorsal fin flowing along the scar lines you can see. You could actually have the scar lines as the transition between the white and gray flesh of the shark.

You could surround this with waves/water/shoal of fish and actually spread it out into a chest piece/backpiece.

Given about 3 minutes I can come up with how that would work, if you actually had an artist sketch it out, it would be fine.

Dolphins still suck.
Reply 74
Original post by NW86
I disagree, would actually be pretty simple... the shading and definitition of the tattoo that's currently in place makes it much harder to imagine anything else there.

You could have quite easily had the face (I'm sure that's not the right phrase) of the shark as the nub/stump (is there a more PC phrase?) with the body and dorsal fin flowing along the scar lines you can see. You could actually have the scar lines as the transition between the white and gray flesh of the shark.

You could surround this with waves/water/shoal of fish and actually spread it out into a chest piece/backpiece.

Given about 3 minutes I can come up with how that would work, if you actually had an artist sketch it out, it would be fine.

Dolphins still suck.

You care far too much
Reply 75
Original post by Trigger
You care far too much

I really don't... This is more interesting than doing my job however!
I'd never get a green piece of goo on my skin for a "memory" or any crap EXCUSE like that. If it means that much too me i have the mental capacity to contain it in my brain for the rest of my life.

So why the **** would one stain their skin?

Do ppl admit they forget "personal" events that are impt to them for the sake of a tattoo??

:congrats:
You need a medal for saying the truth.

Original post by Angelx666
I have tattoos and I love them. None that I couldn't cover up if I needed too but I have never had any negative reponses from having them.
I do not judge people on tattoos or piercings as I do not see that it changes the person or nature of the person.
I'm a pretty "each to their own" kind of person though and respect those who don't like tattoos although I would never "bash" them for it and would expect the same in return :smile:

Oh, but I do and anyone with experience with dealing with people with multiple tattoos will judge, and rightly so.
Seeing that it falls into the category of self harm and body mutilation (it does - check the research), it says volumes about the person eg. inability to deal with emotional trauma, hates their body/choices they have made in their life etc.

This is why so many people never give a reason as to why they got a tattoo or as OP mentions, they use the excuse of "it's to help me remember some massive event". Well if it was so large, how could you forget it? :curious: Never does the person actually mention the artistic quality or design of their...body art :facepalm2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
Oh good Jimbo is here, the thread stopped being fun.
Reply 78
Original post by Trigger
Oh good Jimbo is here, the thread stopped being fun.

Lol do you have a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Lol do you have a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest