The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan; adult nursing - sept 2013

Hello Everyone!
I have recently confirmed my place for adult nursing at uclan starting september this year!
Just thought I would reach out to anyone that has accepted uclan as a firm/insurance choice, to chat and make friends that I may be studying with.

Rachael xx:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya. I am going to Preston university tomorrow for a selection day/interview. Please could you help me by telling me some things they asked you and what kind of questions they asked on the maths and English? It would be so much help. Thankyou :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by laurafarrer
Hiya. I am going to Preston university tomorrow for a selection day/interview. Please could you help me by telling me some things they asked you and what kind of questions they asked on the maths and English? It would be so much help. Thankyou :smile:

Hello! :smile:
I had my interview a while back now and was offered a conditional place a week later.
When I went I was in a group of around 20 people all for adult nursing, and the tutors gave us a bit of an induction to the course, something similar to what was presented on the open day.
Then a small maths test which wasn't too bad, which included division addition multiplication fractions subtraction conversions decimals and working out area and volume. So make sure you scrub up on your maths :smile:
the English test was 'what is the the role of a student adult nurse' which was open for me to write an essay type answer.
Then a small group session of around 3/4 people, which I was asked to introduce myself, and say what interested me in my chosen field of nursing and how I have worked towards it.
Then finally a larger group session where the whole class was asked to look at a photo and discuss it as a group, mine was teenage pregnancy. Be aware to make sure you get relevant points across as it is hard to be heard in such a large group of people all trying to speak at once.
Followed by certificate and crb checks and then it was all done and I could relax!
Hope this helps!
Its a really pleasant interview, I have had four this year and I found Preston one of the more welcoming and friendly universities!
Is this your first interview?
rachael x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi i have just firmed Uclan for adult nursing, so excited! :biggrin:
Original post by emilyg1991

Congrats! You will be in my classes!
Have you organised any accommodation? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thankyou :smile: cool it'l be nice to know someone beforehand. Not yet i applied yesterday but not heard anything back yet, ive applied for en-suite though. Have you?
Thankyou :smile: cool it'l be nice to know someone beforehand. Not yet i applied yesterday but not heard anything back yet, ive applied for en-suite though. Have you?

Yeah I have gone private so my accommodation is done and dusted!! Are you going For uni halls? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

yay,a third person doing adult nursing:smile:
Original post by chocolateheartstar
yay,a third person doing adult nursing:smile:

Yay! Have you sorted your accomodation? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi - I have been offerred an unconditional offer to study adult nursing - Katie :smile:
Reply 10
Hey everyone I am going to UCLAN for adult nursing in September too!! Cant wait to get started!
Does anyone know when we go in for our occupational health check?
Its like going back to school isnt it lol having to make new friends and stuff not gna lie im a little nervous eek!
xxx
Original post by katietimmins
Hi - I have been offerred an unconditional offer to study adult nursing - Katie :smile:

Congrats Katie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charliexx
Hey everyone I am going to UCLAN for adult nursing in September too!! Cant wait to get started!
Does anyone know when we go in for our occupational health check?
Its like going back to school isnt it lol having to make new friends and stuff not gna lie im a little nervous eek!
xxx

Oh in glad I made this post now!! :smile:
Have either of you sorted your accommodation?
It will part of the enrolment process I'm guessing. The same as the bursary, have either of you had any info on that yet from the uni??
I'm so excited !! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks Rachael !

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi - not sorted it out yet. I am not sure about staying in halls. Not had any info either on the bursary but there is an nhs bursary website. I think we should get forms about it soon. x
Reply 15
Original post by rachael--louise
Yeah I have gone private so my accommodation is done and dusted!! Are you going For uni halls? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i am i thought it would be easier for the first year lol. Whereabouts is your accommodation? Where are you all from btw? Im from barrow-in-furness which isnt too far away from preston :smile:
Yeah i am i thought it would be easier for the first year lol. Whereabouts is your accommodation? Where are you all from btw? Im from barrow-in-furness which isnt too far away from preston :smile:

Errmm..... I am from barrow too??? Hahaha!!!!
I'm staying in walker street Cosmo apartments x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so this is weird .... I probably know you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katietimmins
hi - not sorted it out yet. I am not sure about staying in halls. Not had any info either on the bursary but there is an nhs bursary website. I think we should get forms about it soon. x

Do you live quite close so considering commuting?
Yeah probably, there is no way you can apply online I don't think and that bursary calculator is only for last years amounts :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys i am an international student.I was filling up my online accommodation form and I stumbled upon two columns ~'start date ' and 'end date'.I am not sure what dates i should put .My course starts on 9 th September 2013 (film and media studies ) any advise?and also does anyone know when the orientation is ? Thank you so much for helping out :smile: :biggrin: :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending